this just in: michael vick is overrated | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this just in: michael vick is overrated

Saw this on another board, so I really don't know how accurate this is but here goes.

Mora was posed a question after their loss on Saturday:

"When the FG was blocked in over time, did you think that maybe this year just wasn't meant to be?"

Mora: "No, that is the way losers think, and I hope we don't have many losers in this locker room."

And this is from Vicks press conference after the same game:

Vick: "When the FG was blocked, it put things into perspective, and I thought that maybe this season just wasn't meant to be."

:lol:

RobFins2005 said:
Your retorts are excellent, being as that you don't actually make any arguments and just dodge everything. Thanks for proving my point.

no i actually already made my arguments. i dont have u re write everything for u. go back and read it.

u dont have any argument at all. the fact that u said Vick is no longer a dangerous QB is a complete joke

vick is losing to mediocre defenses now. he used to be able to beat them and suck against good ones, now he's average against everyone

Nappy Roots said:
no i actually already made my arguments. i dont have u re write everything for u. go back and read it.

u dont have any argument at all. the fact that u said Vick is no longer a dangerous QB is a complete joke

You haven't made one statement in his defense. You stated he got voted to the Pro Bowl. That's using the opinions of other people to back you up, often known as "groupthink". That is invalid and fallacious.

Then you compared him to two other quarterbacks, one being a journeyman backup, and the other being a second year quarterback, to prove his worth. A superlative isn't effective when the people he is compared to are from a carefully selected population that is not representative of the highest quality quarterback population.

You haven't commented on his play at all or made one serious argument in his favor. Until you can do that, I'm done conversing with you. If you choose to actually make real statements in his defense, then I'll be happy to debate it with you.

kastofsna120 said:
vick is losing to mediocre defenses now. he used to be able to beat them and suck against good ones, now he's average against everyone

yea, hes been pretty average agaisnt Tampa Bay this year.

RobFins2005 said:
You haven't made one statement in his defense. You stated he got voted to the Pro Bowl. That's using the opinions of other people to back you up, often known as "groupthink". That is invalid and fallacious.

Then you compared him to two other quarterbacks, one being a journeyman backup, and the other being a second year quarterback, to prove his worth. A superlative isn't effective when the people he is compared to are from a carefully selected population that is not representative of the highest quality quarterback population.

You haven't commented on his play at all or made one serious argument in his favor. Until you can do that, I'm done conversing with you. If you choose to actually make real statements in his defense, then I'll be happy to debate it with you.

i dont want to debate with someone that has to be such a ..... to point out my spelling.

nor someone that says Vick isnt even a dangerous QB anymore. :sidelol: atleast most people that think hes overrated and cant pass very well KNOWS hes still a extremely dangerous QB.

Nappy Roots said:
nor someone that says Vick isnt even a dangerous QB anymore. :sidelol: atleast most people that think hes overrated and cant pass very well KNOWS hes still a extremely dangerous QB.

The man has thrown for 300 yards just once and 200 yards just three times this year, I don't care how great of a runner he is to me that doesn't register as "extremely dangerous" at all.

And the fact that as a great of a runner that he is he's still been sacked 30 times also doesn't help your case.

Nick is God said:
The man has thrown for 300 yards just once and 200 yards just three times this year, I don't care how great of a runner he is to me that doesn't register as "extremely dangerous" at all.

And the fact that as a great of a runner that he is he's still been sacked 30 times also doesn't help your case.

:rolleyes2 fact that he doesnt throw for 300 yards means hes not dangerous?

and all running QBs get sacked more. what u talkin bout

kastofsna120 said:
"yeah he may not have great stats, but he's a winner!"

uh, no he's not. when he plays against a good defense, he sucks. when HIS defense plays poorly, the falcons lose. vick is nothing special. he's a 2nd tier quarterback with way too much hype. let's close the book on him now

Preaching to the choir, man. As a QB the guy's a stiff. But we will get ripped for saying it. There are alot of people in love with Vick. I don't know why.

Nappy Roots said:
:rolleyes2 fact that he doesnt throw for 300 yards means hes not dangerous?

You take his total yards, passing and running, and it barely reaches 200 yards a game total.

Please explain to me how that is considered extremely dangerous.

Nick is God said:
You take his total yards, passing and running, and it barely reaches 200 yards a game total.

Please explain to me how that is considered extremely dangerous.

:shakeno: if you watched his games you would know how he is extremely dangerous. Sorry that they dont have a stat for what Vick does to the defense.

Nappy Roots said:
:shakeno: if you watched his games you would know how he is extremely dangerous. Sorry that they dont have a stat for what Vick does to the defense.

Yeah, they do...its called the bottom line.

Check it out sometime, you can even compare with Vick...he has plenty of time to wow you while Atlanta watches the playoffs with us.

Vick is an Xfactor.....but not near as dangerous as you believe he is. Think he makes the pro bowl this year? :sidelol: People have figured out if you keep him in the pocket and pressure him hes not near as dangerous as when he free wheels. Hes not smart enough to be calm under pressure, and if you cage him hes not that effective. Look at what Chicago did to him and tell me im wrong :rolleyes:

Nappy Roots said:

I have watched plenty of his games and while the man can be exciting to watch it doesn't scare me like some of the top QB's in the league. I'll take a great passing QB over a great running QB any day of the week. Show me the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a QB who's running was better than his passing, you don't win Super Bowls with QB's like Vick. You can win with a running QB as long as he can also pass like Steve Young, but if your QB can't throw the rock you pretty much screwed and Vick can't, period.

BTW, when are you going to bring to the table something more than these guys = :shakeno: :rolleyes:

Nick is God said:
I have watched plenty of his games and while the man can be exciting to watch it doesn't scare me like some of the top QB's in the league. I'll take a great passing QB over a great running QB any day of the week. Show me the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a QB who's running was better than his passing, you don't win Super Bowls with QB's like Vick. You can win with a running QB as long as he can also pass like Steve Young, but if your QB can't throw the rock you pretty much screwed and Vick can't, period.

BTW, when are you going to bring to the table something more than these guys = :shakeno: :rolleyes:

Of course if you cant throw as well as run as a running QB than you cant win a superbowl. i never said that.

the fact that hes not as bad a passer as most of u believe is the problem.

and when u actually bring up something that matters ill bring more to table than :shakeno: & :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom