this just in: michael vick is overrated | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this just in: michael vick is overrated

Nick is God said:
Well that's the bottom line isn't it? Unless you rather have a QB who will make Chris Berman's top plays of the week instead of actually winning Super Bowls.

Stats & Logic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:shakeno: & :rolleyes:

Everyday of the week.

I agree that superbowls are more important than highlights BUT

If you are making the highlight reel you are making plays and making plays leads to winning so you cant hate him for that

Alex22 said:

If you are making the highlight reel you are making plays and making plays leads to winning so you cant hate him for that
except he has about 3 "highlight" plays a game

Highlights ain't squat. They'll show it on ESPN if you get a measly first down by leaping 300 feet into the air over a defender to get it. but the end result is still just a first down.

kastofsna120 said:
except he has about 3 "highlight" plays a game

Vick is over rated im not saying he isnt

but he can win and he does win, but he also plays in a divison with carolina and tampa who arnt easy teams to beat

anytime the hype is as high as it was for vick the player will have a hard time living up to it

Alex22 said:

First off, I don't hate the guy, I think he's a hellva a athlete and a stand up guy. Second, making a couple whoopee dam doo plays a game doesn't necessary translate into winning, if that was the case Tom Brady would be on the highlights every week but he's not but he still gets the job done nonetheless.

Former NBA player Dominique Wilkins was called the human highlight film but in his entire career he won a total of four playoff series, never ever even came close to getting to the finals, forget about winning it.

This is the main problem with sports fans today besides being stat driven because of fantasy sports is that they judge players by style instead of substance.

Me, give me substance over style any day of the week.

Nick is God said:
First off, I don't hate the guy, I think he's a hellva a athlete and a stand up guy. Second, making a couple whoopee dam doo plays a game doesn't necessary translate into winning, if that was the case Tom Brady would be on the highlights every week but he's not but he still gets the job done nonetheless.

Former NBA player Dominique Wilkins was called the human highlight film but in his entire career he won a total of four playoff series, never ever even came close to getting to the finals, forget about winning it.

This is the main problem with sports fans today besides being stat driven because of fantasy sports is that they judge players by style instead of substance.

Hence why I've heard a billion people complain about Tim Duncan's game being "boring". God forbid he doesn't try some finesse dunk when there are no defenders around him that jeopardize the two points! :rolleyes:

Nick is God said:

it still takes a team to win though

Where is brady without the rest of the team? probally not as far as he is now

like I said winning is the most important thing, but if a guy is doing his part and making the plays you cant blame him for it all

Alex22 said:

like I said winning is the most important thing, but if a guy is doing his part and making the plays you cant blame him for it all

Who said anything about Vick having to do it himself? Look man, he's a legit starting QB, but he's not elite as the media and some fans try to suggest he is.

And by the way, the Pats didn't start going on their winning ways until Brady was inserted into the starting lineup, I think one could make the case where would the Pats be without him. Winning the Super Bowl once? Perhaps. But multiple times - three actually - I highly doubt it.

RobFins2005 said:
Hence why I've heard a billion people complain about Tim Duncan's game being "boring". God forbid he doesn't try some finesse dunk when there are no defenders around him that jeopardize the two points! :rolleyes:

I must have seen Larry Bird play hundreds of times - man he was great - and I never saw him dunk it once and he was 6'9.

The man got the job done just like Duncan and Brady without the flashy play.

Alex22 said:

What?? where is the rest of the team without Brady???? Probably 3-13. Don't compare a real QB with a guy that isn't near him. Oh wait nevermind you do that a lot........

ether79 said:
What?? where is the rest of the team without Brady???? Probably 3-13. Don't compare a real QB with a guy that isn't near him. Oh wait nevermind you do that a lot........

Um, that's ridiculous.

Tom Brady wasn't anywhere near the playmaking QB in 2001 that he is now and the team still won 11 games, more impressive since they were 0-2 before he took over.

I'm sure the Patriots dominant defense has absolutely nothing to do with the titles they won, nope, not at all, nor did Corey Dillon last year.

The Patsies would be impacted without Brady but I bet they could still be competitive.

RobFins2005 said:
Um, that's ridiculous.

Tom Brady wasn't anywhere near the playmaking QB in 2001 that he is now and the team still won 11 games, more impressive since they were 0-2 before he took over.

I'm sure the Patriots dominant defense has absolutely nothing to do with the titles they won, nope, not at all, nor did Corey Dillon last year.

The Patsies would be impacted without Brady but I bet they could still be competitive.
actually they won't. the defense has been bad this year, no running game whatsoever, and yet....brady is having a career year the patriots won the division again. they also won 2 super bowls without a running game, so the corey dillon thing doesn't really work. when brady has a bad game, they LOSE, plain and simple

kastofsna120 said:
actually they won't. the defense has been bad this year, no running game whatsoever, and yet....brady is having a career year the patriots won the division again. they also won 2 super bowls without a running game, so the corey dillon thing doesn't really work. when brady has a bad game, they LOSE, plain and simple

Hey I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy but Kastofsna is right, Brady plays well New England wins, he plays bad even our sorry team last year won. Brady is a great Qb. He has never lost in the postseason, thats absolutely amazing. Granted that tuck game was crap but other than that hes been amazing in any weather, on the road, anywhere.

kastofsna120 said:

I was more talking about the Patriots in general over the last couple of seasons rather than just this season, since the original poster stated that Brady "wouldn't be as far as he is now" without the rest of his team, implying career achievements rather than this season.

Back
Top Bottom