this just in: michael vick is overrated | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this just in: michael vick is overrated

RobFins2005 said:
I was more talking about the Patriots in general over the last couple of seasons rather than just this season, since the original poster stated that Brady "wouldn't be as far as he is now" without the rest of his team, implying career achievements rather than this season.
then you'd still be wrong

kastofsna120 said:
then you'd still be wrong

Bull.

Brady was more a game manager in 2001. He didn't really start to take over games until the next season.

And I'm so sure that the Patriots dominant defense from 2002-2004 had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with their won and loss record.

Keep in mind Brady was having a "career year" early this season as well and his team wasn't. Notice that they're winning games now that the defense has had a resurgence.

RobFins2005 said:
Bull.

Brady was more a game manager in 2001. He didn't really start to take over games until the next season.

And I'm so sure that the Patriots dominant defense from 2002-2004 had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with their won and loss record.

Keep in mind Brady was having a "career year" early this season as well and his team wasn't. Notice that they're winning games now that the defense has had a resurgence.
i don't care about the defense, brady is the best QB in the NFL, and no one is even close

Brady's stats through games 1-8 this year: 2086 yards, 12 tds, 4 interceptions.

Record: 4-4

Brady's stats through weeks 9-16: 1987 yards, 13 tds, 9 interceptions

Record: 6-1

Defense's numbers from weeks 1-8:

27.5 points per game surrendered, 372.5 yards per game surrendered.

Record: 4-4

Defense's numbers from weeks 9-16: 12.9 points per game allowed, 275 yards per game allowed

Record: 6-1

Oh yea, I see that clearly shows it was obviously BRADY that has won all of the games for the team and has nothing to do with the defense's improvement over the second half of the season.

kastofsna120 said:
i don't care about the defense, brady is the best QB in the NFL, and no one is even close

Peyton Manning is better in terms of athleticism, but I will not deny Brady's quality as a top tier quarterback. I know Peyton hasn't won any rings, but Peyton didn't have Brady's defense either (he often had swiss cheese). That's not the only component--Manning admittedly has tanked in some big games...but that will all change this year.

What that has to do with anything is beyond me--the previous poster was pointing out much of the Patriots success is due to the TEAM's quality, not just one person (Brady).

Without the Patriots defense, the team wouldn't have succeed as much, and Brady wouldn't be remembered as fondly, no matter how well he played.

kastofsna120 said:
actually they won't. the defense has been bad this year, no running game whatsoever, and yet....brady is having a career year the patriots won the division again. they also won 2 super bowls without a running game, so the corey dillon thing doesn't really work. when brady has a bad game, they LOSE, plain and simple

More like when the defense decided to show up, the team started to win.

RobFins2005 said:
Peyton Manning is better in terms of athleticism, but I will not deny Brady's quality as a top tier quarterback. I know Peyton hasn't won any rings, but Peyton didn't have Brady's defense either (he often had swiss cheese). That's not the only component--Manning admittedly has tanked in some big games...but that will all change this year.

What that has to do with anything is beyond me--the previous poster was pointing out much of the Patriots success is due to the TEAM's quality, not just one person (Brady).

Without the Patriots defense, the team wouldn't have succeed as much, and Brady wouldn't be remembered as fondly, no matter how well he played.
how is manning better athletically?

MoFinz said:
be careful. I spoke that kind of blasphemy before and was accused of being racist :lol:

I don't know what context you made the statement but I can tell you from a brutha's perspective there are times when people critcize a guy and it sounds racist and there are times when it sounds like a legitimate argument.

That said, Vick is overrated. You want to expose him? Put him up against a team with some speed on defense and watch him crumble when the game is on the line. All those big play making, game changing runs? Hit him in the chest a couple times and see how quick he heads to the sidelines. Vick is soft too. He is always pulling himself out of the game when he plays Tampa because he's sick of getting hit. He thinks the refs should throw a flag everytime someone touches him. If Crumpler didn't save his butt with 5 diving catches every game he's have a career qb rating under of something like 42.9. Mix up your zone coverage, show blitz and drop back, and you'll almost see the smoke coming from his ears as he tries to make sense of what he's seeing.

I can't remember who first said it, but it was the most true statement I ever heard about Vick.

"If Vick couldn't run, he'd be a 3rd string QB at best."

True.

he's also a big baby. i guess i DO see the comparisons with vince young, as both pout like little girls on the sidelines when things don't go their way. but peyton manning is the same way, too. weird

kastofsna120 said:
how is manning better athletically?

His mechanics and knowledge of the game are better, his arm is better, his decision making is (typically) better.

Of course you'll probably take that as an insult despite me saying Brady was a great quarterback in the prior thread.

Back
Top Bottom