This Week At Minnesota | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Week At Minnesota

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Like all of you, I am still riding that high from the win vs New England. What a way to end a game.
The concern about wins like that though, often times the winner of a game like that can come out drained the next week(I refer as exhibit A to the game Minnesota beat New Orleans in the playoffs last year, then just dropped a turd the next week in Philly).
This is a big concern for next week in Minnesota, as every game for us now is huge. It is a winnable game, I believe, but it is going to be very tough.
1) is there an emotional let down?
2) Minnesota is desperate, back at home
3) our road games under Gase are less than inspiring
4) Vikings defense is good
5)I don't believe we have ever won at Minnesota's dome stadium.

So in your opinion, what must Miami do match up wise this weekend to beat Minnesota?
I know we should pressure Cousins, probably try to be physical with their o-line. What else do you see as key factors to winning this game?(Besides the obvious axioms, avoid turnovers, etc; I am referring to actual game strategy)
Happy holidays everyone, looking forward to hearing people's proposed game plans for this huge matchup.

What I’d like to see for once and that’s been one of the team’s biggest problems is to win the time-of-possession battle. We absolutely need to get off the field on defense. We haven’t done that consistently this season.

This is now the biggest game of the season. The Vikings are no more than very average, at home they will be stronger than they were last night but still very beatable. Although we are not in the Wild card spot yet, I do think the playoffs are in our own hands win all three and we will get in. All three are against teams playing pretty poorly at the moment, so lets not screw this up.

Need the momentum from NE to overcome the cold of MN. Going up there will not be fun.

There's also that DL of the Vikings, oh and Thielen and Diggs.

Don't sleep on the Vikings because of the Seahawks game. They have the capability to destroy the Dolphins at home.

This is now the biggest game of the season. The Vikings are no more than very average, at home they will be stronger than they were last night but still very beatable. Although we are not in the Wild card spot yet, I do think the playoffs are in our own hands win all three and we will get in. All three are against teams playing pretty poorly at the moment, so lets not screw this up.
Fins still need help to get in. Winning out does not guarantee the 6th.

cold not a factor cuz, games in a dome which works in our favor, Gase needs to play with house money from here on out

cold not a factor cuz, games in a dome which works in our favor, Gase needs to play with house money from here on out
Keep thinking that. :) Go up to MN right now and tell me the cold isn't a facor even though you are inside. As far as the domes, I mean, didn't really work in IND a few weeks ago.

I think it's a winnable game so long as we get some help from Cousins who appears to be slipping.

Don't they have the option of opening the stadium up to let the cold air in? I remember the playoff game last year they debated leaving it open but were worried pipes might freeze when it was 5 degrees.

Don't they have the option of opening the stadium up to let the cold air in? I remember the playoff game last year they debated leaving it open but were worried pipes might freeze when it was 5 degrees.

the project, they often heard from stadium operators that attendees preferred the roof be closed for optimal comfort. “It’s that 70-degree temperature that people shoot for,” says MSFA chair Michele Kelm-Helgen. A retractable roof can add upward of $100 million to construction costs, she says, but most open up fewer than five times per year. “HKS convinced us that the equivalent of a retractable roof was ETFE,” she says. “It’s the largest such span in North America, and in combination with that [nearly 300-foot] glass wall, you’re going to feel like you’re outside.”

https://www.architectmagazine.com/t...tdoors-inside-the-minnesota-vikings-stadium_o

The injury to the RT looked serious. If there was ever a game for Wake to take over, this would be the one.

Keep thinking that. :) Go up to MN right now and tell me the cold isn't a facor even though you are inside. As far as the domes, I mean, didn't really work in IND a few weeks ago.

I think it's a winnable game so long as we get some help from Cousins who appears to be slipping.
dome is a dome, its warmer inside, trust me

the project, they often heard from stadium operators that attendees preferred the roof be closed for optimal comfort. “It’s that 70-degree temperature that people shoot for,” says MSFA chair Michele Kelm-Helgen. A retractable roof can add upward of $100 million to construction costs, she says, but most open up fewer than five times per year. “HKS convinced us that the equivalent of a retractable roof was ETFE,” she says. “It’s the largest such span in North America, and in combination with that [nearly 300-foot] glass wall, you’re going to feel like you’re outside.”

https://www.architectmagazine.com/t...tdoors-inside-the-minnesota-vikings-stadium_o
Forecast is 34 for Sunday, so I guess it won't be too bad even it feels like the outside on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom