This Week At Minnesota | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Week At Minnesota

He literally referred to the Dolphins as "the fish" before going to break in the Pats game.

I missed that but I heard him say some really nice things about Marino which is allegedly the reason he hates us. I don’t know he doesn’t really bother me personally

I think we will win this game For multiple reasons:

• Cousins is 4-24 versus teams with winning records.
  • There is an increased focus on running the ball to protect RTs arm.
  • We are using a 5 man defensive front more frequently, and it is having a positive impact on the rushing defense.
  • I am confident that Quinn and Wake can pressure Cousins.

I know our o-line is not cream of the crop, but do the Vikes have anyone on the d-line we need to be concerned with? Keeping Ryan upright is what wins this game to me. More time to scan the field and zip a pass in. I'd like Parker to have a career game this week.

Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffen are pretty good. Joseph and Richardson are pretty good as well. Then you got their backers who could be the best in the league not named Kuechly and Davis.

Vikings are like us to a certain extent. Their home/away splits arent as severe but they are lot better team at home. Gonna be a very tough game for us. I thought this game would be the toughest on our schedule when it came out. Vikings havent played as well as I thought they would but they still have talent up and down that roster.

I think the keys will be if we can take advantage of their poor oline. People complain about our oline but that Vikings line is probably the worst in the league. We have to get to Cousins. Cousins has actually been really good this year under pressure. He's had to be because hes been running his dick off behind that line.

We have to be able to run the ball. Vikings can be run on. They don't give up big run plays but you can get the 4-5 gains on them. We need to be able to run the ball again to setup the pass game. Don't think we can just drop back and pass it all around the field on the road in Minnesota. I think the major issue we have had on the road this year has been the oline communication. Vikings have really good homefield advantage. That noise factor makes me a bit queasy with our oline.

This week in Minnesota Tannehill will give back all the goodwill He was given after the "miracle"

I will be the game this weekend. First time to see the Dolphins since Jay Feidler was the QB. The Vikings have quite a field advantage in their indoor stadium, plus they were embarrassed last week. It will be a tough one for the Fins.

I honestly don’t know what to expect but one thing is certain.

Win = we need help but are ready for a playoff run

Lose = pretenders

Need to beat a good team on the road, here the chance.

I think we will win this game For multiple reasons:

• Cousins is 4-24 versus teams with winning records.
  • There is an increased focus on running the ball to protect RTs arm.
  • We are using a 5 man defensive front more frequently, and it is having a positive impact on the rushing defense.
  • I am confident that Quinn and Wake can pressure Cousins.
When you have Matt Burke as your defensive coordinator I'm never comfortable

I heard from some credible minds that Raeqwon actually had a better game than Kiko, which I couldn’t believe after just watching the game the first time, Kiko stood out.

Well, that person was correct in the sense that raeqwon did have a nice game..he was cracking some skulls.

I wouldn’t say it was better because the reason why the run defense was better was because of how the two worked together, the unison was there, on some plays they sacrificed their bodies so their partner could make the play, and they did it nicely on a consistent basis, filling gaps, taken on blocks and sticking the ball carrier, well done..

Kiko had a few plays that were behind the LOS that gave him the edge if I was grading both, but Raeqwon played nice, it’s good to see him playing like this.

Also would like to add after isolating a player, the reason why our run game prospered was no other than Mr Swanson..He was the man in this game.

Multiple times I watched him do combo blocks, solo style, he displayed a quickness after the snap to get into position, he got to the 2nd level on the bolden td which enabled the long td, he was nicely anchored in pass protection most of the game and has stabilized that line..Gore was keying on him and running behind him very nicely..

I like this post a lot.

It was a serious analysis and was based on taking another look at what happened after the emotions of the game had subsided. This has to help reduce the emotion that can sway a judgments made at the time of a play during the game. What this post really tied down for me is that there is some solid teamwork at play. This kind of teamwork doesn't occur overnight.

I see every reason for it to continue and possibly even improve. I'm normally positive about the Dolphins but now it looks like reality may be aligning with my hopes. I'll take whatever good from the development of this team that I can see.

You're clearly basing that on the last game alone, since Parker and Butler had same number of catches as Stills in Buff game. So, it's a moot point. I've seen other people talk about this. What I find funny, if Belichick isolates one of their WRs and has huge success against us, Miami fans lament how he's such a genius, and found a flaw in our D and exploited it. When we do it, it's Tannehill throwing too much to Stills.
Good point!

Back
Top Bottom