This will make you feel better about Daboll | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will make you feel better about Daboll

Being from the Belichick tree is not a virtue

Please stop making reference to the fact that this guy coached under Bill Belichick as if that's a plus. Belichick is the one real genius in the NFL. The word is overused, every successful coordinator or coach has the words brilliant or genius attached to his moniker, but Belichick is the only real genius in the entire league and his genius props up many lesser people. The fact is Belichick was responsible for Parcells' success, and Belichick is the reason guys like Weiss, Crennel, McDaniels, Mangini, et al got jobs they never should have had, and when removed from proximity to Belichick's genius, they failed miserably. Daboll's record as a coordinator in Cleveland shouldn't make anyone sanguine about his ability to do his job at a high level in Miami, there is just no reason to believe he's especially competent. Look at the numbers or give the Browns' offense the eye test and they fail miserably by both metrics.

It's true he had nothing to work with in Cleveland, and it's equally true that he won't have much more to work with in Miami, so how does this improve our situation? Comparing him to Belichick when Belichick was in Cleveland is another one of those idiotic attempts at analogous reasoning. The Browns, offensively and defensively were improving every year under Belichick until the wheels fell off in year five. They were dead last in the league defensively the year before he got there, they had the sixth best scoring defense in the history of the NFL (at that time) by his fourth-year! That's coaching. His offense was 11th in the league in scoring. This nonsense that Belichick was some catastrophic failure in Cleveland, but he turned it around in New England and is thus a lesson for the league is a bunch of crap. He showed glimmers of his genius in Cleveland, it just so happened he was working for Art Modell, not Robert Kraft. Stephen Ross is more Art Modell then Robert Kraft. And Daboll is who he is, a below-average coordinator hired by a below-average coach to work for a below-average organization, an organization whose greatness is in the rear view mirror getting smaller and smaller with each passing year. Daboll is proof of it.

yes people dabolls offense wasn't very good, but lets not forget the fact the browns had no wr's at all, and started 3 different Qb's with mccoy being a rookie, i dont care how good of an OC you are. your not gonna light up the scoreboard with jake delhomme, seneca wallace, or colt mccoy as your qb. at least we know one thing is for sure, he's better than henning

I don't get this arguement. Many posters have been saying "he didn't have anything to work with in Cleveland". Well Finfans, I hate to break it to you, We Don't have anything over here in Miami. I would take McCoy over Henne(Oh yeah we started 3 QBs last year too). I would take Hillis over Ricky or Ronnie. Our Oline is putrid except for Long (and bound to stay that way as this FO is looking to resign players like that bag of dog crap Incognito). We have zero speed. Polite can't block worth a damn. Our TE can't catch the ball. And yet all I keep seeing on this sight is how Daboll didn't do anything except have the worst offense for 2 years because he "had nothing to work with". Am I the only one missing something here??

Back
Top Bottom