This will make you feel better about Daboll | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will make you feel better about Daboll

If we were to judge every coach by TWO years of work, Belichik would be unemployed. Let's see what this guy can do before we start piling on him. It's not like bitching is going to make him go away.

Its not the same situation as Belichick because Belichick was an accomplished DC before taking that HEAD COACHING job in Cleveland. The dude was a Superbowl winning coordinator he had credentials, which was why he got a 2nd head coaching job after failing in Cleveland.

There are a lot of variables that go into why that is. Perhaps it was based on the players the Browns had. Or, maybe it was Mangini's philosophy. Who knows? One thing to consider is that I can't imagine how a 35 year old up and coming coach can dictate to Holmgren, what a teams offensive philosophy should be like. Having said that, maybe Daboll did dicate that. Point is no one truly knows who's call it was to implement that sort of offense in Cleveland. As far as what we know, from what we've been told, we want an exciting offense that will be different from what was saw displayed this past season. Will that happen, we'll soon find out, and that is the whole point of this thread.

i read somewhere yesterday that everything is up to Holmgren, its up to him what kind of offense he wants ran in Cleveland...the article was talking about the new hirings of head coach and OC and what direction they were going...i dont remember the site tho.

i read somewhere yesterday that everything is up to Holmgren, its up to him what kind of offense he wants ran in Cleveland...the article was talking about the new hirings of head coach and OC and what direction they were going...i dont remember the site tho.

Holmgren wants West Coast, Mangini and Daboll are not WCO guys.

Again I am NOT going to criticize people for being mad about the hire. There are a lot of stats that support that it was a poor hire. BUT some people have used stats that don't really support why it would be bad (which is weird cause theres a lot of support)

My point is let's see what he can do in a different situation. Not everybody is great right away, and some people are great right away and then suck.

I'll give him a shot, but this article is a joke. How could you possibly say that Henne and McCoy have similar arm strength?

This is false advertising, I don't feel better at all. ^Dude above me made me feel a little better about opening this thread though.

No matter how you slice this it is a huge gamble. Sparano and Ireland either come out of this looking like geniuses or unemployed.

No matter how you slice this it is a huge gamble. Sparano and Ireland either come out of this looking like geniuses or unemployed.
Ouch. I remember saying the same thing when Cam and Mueller drafted Ginn/Beck.

Ouch. I remember saying the same thing when Cam and Mueller drafted Ginn/Beck.

Yup if we hire him it does not look good. If this guy is such a young hot commodity why hasnt he been interviewed by other teams? Has anyone else made him any offers?

Yup if we hire him it does not look good. If this guy is such a young hot commodity why hasnt he been interviewed by other teams? Has anyone else made him any offers?
No idea, I'm not his agent. Though I admire whoever is. Just fired from the Browns after two years at the bottom of the league on offense and spins that into a new job with the Dolphins? Nicely done.

Its not the same situation as Belichick because Belichick was an accomplished DC before taking that HEAD COACHING job in Cleveland. The dude was a Superbowl winning coordinator he had credentials, which was why he got a 2nd head coaching job after failing in Cleveland.

Well, Daboll was an accomplished wide receivers coach/quarterbacks coach before getting his first coordinator job in Cleveland. Daboll is a three time Super Bowl winning position coach so he has credentials. That is perhaps why he is getting a second chance at being a coordinator.

bel biv devoo dribble debacle debo doball goffball any otherS?

Well, Daboll was an accomplished wide receivers coach/quarterbacks coach before getting his first coordinator job in Cleveland. Daboll is a three time Super Bowl winning position coach so he has credentials. That is perhaps why he is getting a second chance at being a coordinator.

So we are the "second chance" team next year LOL. Ireland, Sparano and Daboll. All losers individaully, yet together they are ??????? winners ????? This is by no means a shot at you. I am just so amazing puzzled at what this team, front office and coaching staff has turned into. You seems to be a Daboll supporter, which is fine. I just don't see how hiring the man who ran the 32nd worst offensive the last two years is going to improve this offense. I swear my mind is spinning with what has happened over the last 2 weeks. You really think these three clowns plus an owner who says one thing and then does the complete opposite are going to turn this team around. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see it.

yes people dabolls offense wasn't very good, but lets not forget the fact the browns had no wr's at all, and started 3 different Qb's with mccoy being a rookie, i dont care how good of an OC you are. your not gonna light up the scoreboard with jake delhomme, seneca wallace, or colt mccoy as your qb. at least we know one thing is for sure, he's better than henning

Cleveland years

He is referring to his years in Cleveland as HC where he was mediocre at best. Now look at him. All of these guys just have to find the right place at the right time in the right system and hope it gels. I have my doubts as well about Daboll but if he fails then we know we are going to start with a new coaching staff the following season. So we are either pleasantly surprised with him or we just have to wait one more year to start over AGAIN.

Which 2 years? He took a relatively untalented team to the best reg. season record and a first round bye. He is so loaded in the upcoming draft it is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom