This Worked Out Well For Gase :) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Worked Out Well For Gase :)

Assuming he said these things to Ross:

1. He's right
2. He's wrong for handling it in that way, no good comes from that.
3. ...but he has a point...

Well, maybe Gase goes to Green Bay and FINALLY gets Aaron Rogers to play up to his potential.
Whisper, whisper. whisper!!!!

Funny, Philbin probably feels like this guy is following him. I know Campbell bridged the gap between them here for a short time, but Philbin just ended the season as the Packers interim coach.

He was probably sick of the bullshit type of Ross influence of wanting TRASH like Lamar Jackson. I hate gases play calling, especially the questionable calls, but the roster is devoid of talent. The offensive line was miserable before the injuries and after I’m surprised they won anything. I always thought it was possible he called crappy games because his line was trash and he knew it. It there’s no way to know.

Gase should know more about football than Ross. However Gase did not display that knowledge to an acceptable extent when coaching the Dolphins. His team was outschemed on offense and defense in most games. A good coaching staff wins those games vs the Bengals, Lions, Colts and Jags. The team may not have a stacked roster but they are far from devoid of talent. The injuries hurt but they played against what most would consider a weaker schedule. 1-7 record on the road is enough to get most coaches fired.

Well, he might have wanted out so badly that he didn't care, and he also might have had an idea that other teams were interested.

Gase wasn't a good coach in Miami, but he also wasn't wrong in that he knows more about football than Ross. If this happened, I bet he just didn't care if he got fired. I know people that felt the same way, that the job just wasn't worth it, and they got their money's worth on their way out the door.

While I still consider Gase a competent offensive mind with the potential to become a good overall HC, I was very disappointed seeing how the wheels came off in the final 2 games. The loss against Minnesota I thought was mostly on the players, but the whole team including the coaches looked really awful in the last 2 games which I thought they should have won, especially vs. Jacksonville at home. There was no way you could have justified not blowing it up after yet another losing season. I truly believe that tanking next year and selecting a QB in 2020 is the right course of action for this organization. However, if I were Ross, I would have also fired Grier and gone with a complete rebuild.
Regarding the report that Gase shouted at Ross, if he really did that, it shows arrogance and a lack of people skills. Treating the guy who pays you millions of dollars like crap just because you have more knowledge than he does about the job he hired you to do makes you a complete prick. It's as if the cleaning lady yelled at the owner of the building for asking her a question about cleaning products. I'm sure that any one of you would fire that person on the spot and so would I. If the reports are true, I have to admit I'm starting to view his arguments with players in a different light now, even though I fully supported him during the Ajayi and Landry situations.

What exactly about Gase is it that makes some people think that he might turn into a good head coach someday?

Is it the fact he rode Manning's coat tails to success in Denver? Was it his ingenious offensive playcalling in Miami, or maybe his wonderful, pleasant demeanor and personal relationships with the players and his superiors?

What exactly about Gase is it that makes some people think that he might turn into a good head coach someday?

Is it the fact he rode Manning's coat tails to success in Denver? Was it his ingenious offensive playcalling in Miami, or maybe his wonderful, pleasant demeanor and personal relationships with the players and his superiors?

Well, he is good at a few things which I think are important. He's good at designing plays, he can get a team to believe in themselves and play hard (not counting the final weeks of this season when it all came apart) and he has a knack for winning the close games.
He's also proven he can work with QBs, and I don't mean just Manning. Cutler had one of his best years while working with Gase in Chicago. He helped Denver get a playoff win out of Tim Tebow. Tannehill had the best year of his career under him in 2016. He correctly identified Mayfield as the best QB of his class when most people were screaming Rosen or Darnold.
If he continues to build on these traits while he also develops a few others and if he loses the arrogance, I think he has a chance to be a good HC for some other team. I know those are a lot of ifs, but he is young and he has time to put it all together.
With that said, I'm glad he got fired after the type of ending we had to our season. I don't think it could have worked out after that, and if the reports about him yelling at Ross are true, then his firing was the best decision for all those involved.

Last edited:
While I still consider Gase a competent offensive mind with the potential to become a good overall HC, I was very disappointed seeing how the wheels came off in the final 2 games. The loss against Minnesota I thought was mostly on the players, but the whole team including the coaches looked really awful in the last 2 games which I thought they should have won, especially vs. Jacksonville at home. There was no way you could have justified not blowing it up after yet another losing season. I truly believe that tanking next year and selecting a QB in 2020 is the right course of action for this organization. However, if I were Ross, I would have also fired Grier and gone with a complete rebuild.
Regarding the report that Gase shouted at Ross, if he really did that, it shows arrogance and a lack of people skills. Treating the guy who pays you millions of dollars like crap just because you have more knowledge than he does about the job he hired you to do makes you a complete prick. It's as if the cleaning lady yelled at the owner of the building for asking her a question about cleaning products. I'm sure that any one of you would fire that person on the spot and so would I. If the reports are true, I have to admit I'm starting to view his arguments with players in a different light now, even though I fully supported him during the Ajayi and Landry situations.
This is a good analogy. You may not know as much about cleaning products as she does. You do know that the room is still dirty after she has supposedly done her job. That's all you need to know. That's all Ross knew. The product on the field is still not good.

Back
Top Bottom