Thompson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Man, I had such high expectations for this guy when I heard how well he was doing in the preseason, now he has become non-existant. I know we are not throwing him enough balls, but when we do, he is not doing much with them :-/. I really hope this guy steps it up.

I think he's got this game to prove he deserves to be a starting WR. If not, put McKnight back in. He's not all that reliable, but neither is Thompson, and McKnight has far superior play making abilities.

The only observation I have of Thompson is that he leaves the ground on every ball that is thrown to him. When you do that, it leaves too much room for error. He needs to learn to keep his feet on the ground befoer he starts getting more catches and opportunities.

It also leaves a lot of room for him to get popped and that ball to come out, and him to get hurt! He needs to stay on his feet, so he can pick up some yards after he catches the ball.

i totally agree with everyone...he does not have the speed to seperate and i think its time to start j-mac...i would also think that we are going to bring back gadsden after week 10...thompson is not a gadsden clone at all...i think not having oronde may be part of fiedlers problem...oronde is too slow ,too injury prone but he always finds a way to get open...this offense has not been the same since he got hurt last year...

thompson is not a gadsden clone at all...i think not having oronde may be part of fiedlers problem...

i think youre thinking about OG from a couple of years ago. I doubt hed be any better out there than DT. As far as McDrop, it just shows how fickle miami fans are...

Yea, DT needs to get comfortable out there and he needs to find a groove with Fiedler, but you gotta remember, its his first season with us and to me, hes been getting better every game. Rewatching the Buffalo game, he converted first downs with every one of his catches. I havent had a chance to rewatch the giants game, but I say we give him till the Redskins game, let him build up till he plays his old team and hope he blows up for the end of the season. Kinda like what he did at Washington last season...

peace
amin

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I know we are not throwing him enough balls

Wrong, he has gotten enough passes his way. The only thing is, he hasn't done a damn thing. And people thought I was crazy in preseason.. :rolleyes:

JUST PROVES 2 THINGS-

1. You can't judge anyone from pre-season. Looks like DT is Lucas in disguise.

2. And Maybe this is why the skins let him go when before the season everyone was wondering why they were giving up on such great potential.

Derrius Thompson was OK during the pre-season nothing more.

Second pre-season is excellent for judjing players where do you think Green Bay got the idea to start Donald Driver?

Re: Re: Thompson

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Wrong, he has gotten enough passes his way. The only thing is, he hasn't done a damn thing. And people thought I was crazy in preseason.. :rolleyes:

He really hasn't gotten enough balls though. IN the first 2 games we threw to him like 3 times, partly because he does not get open, but he is not getting a lot of balls to prove he can do something is all I am saying. Even though, so far he has proven he can do nothing.

Thompson has not really done anything. He has missed easy touchdown passes and hasn't been able to seperate from DBs. He has to jump to make catches because he has poor vision and that cost us an easy TD in the Buffalo game. He would have caught the ball in stride if he didn't jump.

Even though McDrop does drop a lot, it means that he is open in the first place. After last weeks reverse I think he should get the nod. We need a good YAC reciever. If you throw an underneath to McKnight early, or a reverse (as a decoy), the D will be forced to commit to him. I don't think anyone on opposing Ds cares what DT does, because he's not a threat. Don't forget McKnight's big play last year, when he fell down then got up and ran for like 90yds.
DT should be in the slot, a pure possession reciever. With CC and McKnight on the outside, and RW running, I think it opens up our offense. If DT ever had a week to get it done it's this week. Everyone is smoking the Jag's secondary. If he doesn't, he should ride the pine!

Re: Re: Re: Thompson

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

IN the first 2 games we threw to him like 3 times

WOW, where were you week 1? We threw to him 4-6 times in that game!

Jay usually over throws or misses DT. He would have had a TD in the Giants game if he didn't throw it directly at a DB.

Back
Top Bottom