Thompson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson

Yep, him and maybe rookie Tolver, he was good in San Diego State.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Tell Chambers to lay off me then, he is on my case in every thread.

2 threads where I didn't agree with your posts, and I'm on your case? I don't look at the name, I look at the post. Stop crying. "Muck, tell Chambers to stop picking on me!"

Chambers, taunting the guy doesn't help anything. Practice what you preach (and you know what I'm talking about...I'll leave it at that).

You guys are better than that.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

2 threads where I didn't agree with your posts, and I'm on your case? I don't look at the name, I look at the post. Stop crying. "Muck, tell Chambers to stop picking on me!"

Yes, but you attacked me numerous times in each of the two threads. And you do read the name, because you made the reply with my name in it, please pay attention to the facts. I didn't cry to him to tell you to leave me alone, I only told him that because he told me not to insult you, maybe because your confidence is really low... I dont know.

It's hard to disagree with the sentiment that OG would help this team right now. I know a lot of people think he's old and slow and can't produce anymore, but right off the top of my head I can think of some good plays he had last year.....several good third-down catches into first downs at Denver, and of course the amazing one against the Jets. Sure, he has lost a step or two, but he did have some left in the tank. But then again, it's also possible that after his most recent injury and added weight that he can't produce anymore, but no one will know for sure unless he comes back and plays for the Dolphins (or some other team). As for Thompson, I think he really should only have this Jacksonville game to prove what he can do. There is no reason why the passing game shouldn't have a big day. But if DT makes some more mistakes, jumping or whatever, I say McKnight should get the start. I know Chambers only caught 3 balls against the Giants, but he had been awesome before that, and I truly believe he can develop into one of the best receivers in the AFC, if not the whole league. That being said, I don't think Fiedler has done the receivers a whole lot of favors with some errant passes. I just hope that the passing game can get in sync, regardless of who is lining up opposite of Chambers. Personally, I would like to see more slants and stuff thrown to Chambers.....remember how he was used his rookie year? Let's see some more of that!!

well, OG may help, but he'll be sluggish, that's why the Fins added Tolver and DT. So far, it hasn't worked and Chambers is slumping.

well, we still need a possession reciever, every good passing game has one like Rod Smith, etc.

Different thing. Possession receiver is a guy who makes the play after the catch not with it like Chambers.

You guys are thinking of just slow guys with big hands like Gadsen.

Originally posted by Jaj
Derrius Thompson was OK during the pre-season nothing more.

Second pre-season is excellent for judjing players where do you think Green Bay got the idea to start Donald Driver?

Ok Derrius Thompson during pre season and training camp was probably our most impressive reciever. Also he held the most promise because even tho simmos was impressive we knew he was't starting.

Donal driver, who cares about him? When we're talking about a pre season/training camp player who turns out to be a success then u can use donald. But we're talking about a player that so far is a bust, therefore i'm comparing him to lucas.

Now go somwhere else and critize someone who doesn't have as valid as a point as i do.

DT was very good in the preaseason, but we shoulda known, hey.... it's preseason. He hasn't done much this year yet, but there is still the chances he can get it all together.

I wouldn't call DT a possesion WR since he isn't doing anything, but your right we do need one.

well he showed strides late last season in washington, maybe he starts to step up when we move further into the season, that would be ok then...

As far as all of our receivers go.....

I think what is getting lost in all of this is the fact that Mcknight played a different role at the end of last year than he would have to in Thompson's spot. If I remember correctly Chambers had to move inside to Gadsden spot and Mcknight got the big plays to the outside (the fly routes) in the second half of the 2002 year.

The successful receiver in our offense seems to be the whoever gets to play the long ball as most secondaries give us no respect for the long ball.

Thompson is going across the middle this year with no success.

Chambers had to run these routes last year with no success.

Thompson has little experience with Fiedler in gametime situations which I think accounts for turning, seeing the ball, and leaving the ground. Thompson does not have the benefit of seeing the ball leave Fiedler's hand as we do. He runs timing patterns. He turns and the ball is there.

The problem is on some passes Fiedler has put air under the ball to avoid interception and on some passes he has put it to the outside where if anyone can get the ball it will only be the receiver. It's a long season and if this passer/receiver relationship is going to work it will take half of the season to develope.

Don't think that Gadsden can just walk in and everything is going to be the same. It won't happen. If HOF Chris Carter cannot walk in midseason and develope something I doubt Gadsden can. That goes without mentioning the conditioning/injury factor. Gadsden may just walk in and interrupt the development only to get injured again from poor conditioning.

So if you are calling for Mcknight to start now realize this. You are asking for Mcknight to run Chambers routes. You are asking for Chambers to run Thompson's routes.

Does anybody really want Chamber's production to resemble that of last year? Chambers does not want to run the routes and they are not what he was drafted for.

Mcknight is not a possession receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom