Those expecting great things from Sage are setting themselves up for dissapointment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those expecting great things from Sage are setting themselves up for dissapointment

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
So please dont come out with all the "SAGE SUCKS" posts after the game.. Of course he sucks, he has been a backup behind some miserable QBs for about 5 seasons for 4 different coaches. A "gem" simply does not go overlooked in such a circumstance for so long.

I expect some Feeleyesque performances from him.. That being said, that may be better than Frerotte if handled in the proper manner.. Ie, make Sage the CARETAKER.. Rely on the Running Game! If Linehan goes all pass-happy with Sage, the results may be disastrous.

Bottomline, Sage is not the QB of the future, so dont expect him to be.

For the most part, I agree...Don't go into any game in which Sage starts with high expectations....you may find it to be a long fall.

I would be perfectly happy with no turnovers from the passing game. 140 pass yds maybe a td. That would be great to me that means the running game was used and Sage wasn't given the oppurtunity to go down in flames.

I don't expect great things, but I do welcome the change. Hopefully we'll all be surprised in a good way, but most likely not. Keep hope alive!
hehe

DeDolfan said:
I think the reason for wanting Sage to start is simply becaue Gus is not getting it done. Much the same when Fiedler was here, sure he won some/more games, but not when they counted and folks wanted to see what Griese and even Lucas could do before they left via FA. At least we did have that opportunity

Hey, Im all for Sage starting at this point, I just see some people hyping him up like he will be this vast improvement.. He really wont be.. BUT, if it means Linehan reigns in the passing game a bit because of his presence, it may actually improve the overall offense.

SkapePhin said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Now we can all just relax, and not worry about it....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Like eveyone else I'm not looking for 300yards and 2 tds from Sage, its taking care of the ball, not pushing things. 140 and a TD, no INTs fine by me.

IF he starts I expect a heavy dose of the run, but with Linehan being Linehan we will take our shots down field of that its a certainty.

The Browns have been keeping it close and aint been blown out so they are in a similar postiion to us so I am l;oking forward to a good game.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Thanks for clearing that up. Now we can all just relax, and not worry about it....

PHINZ RULE!!!

lol :rawk:

SkapePhin said:
So please dont come out with all the "SAGE SUCKS" posts after the game.. Of course he sucks, he has been a backup behind some miserable QBs for about 5 seasons for 4 different coaches. A "gem" simply does not go overlooked in such a circumstance for so long.

I expect some Feeleyesque performances from him.. That being said, that may be better than Frerotte if handled in the proper manner.. Ie, make Sage the CARETAKER.. Rely on the Running Game! If Linehan goes all pass-happy with Sage, the results may be disastrous.

I think the reason for wanting Sage to start is simply becaue Gus is not getting it done. Much the same when Fiedler was here, sure he won some/more games, but not when they counted and folks wanted to see what Griese and even Lucas could do before they left via FA. At least we did have that opportunity with our backups in the past with no obviour regrets. Now when your current starter is pretty much blowing chunks, it would be a travesty to not give Sage a chance and have him leave nex year and he then excels somewhere else. Then we would hear all this crap about whywe didn't keep Sage.

But I am left wondering tho, which 4 coaches was it that Sage played for here? [sorry, screwed the first one up.]

I'll tell you one thing, if he throws another bomb for a TD early, I may just have to change my underwear!

SkapePhin said:
Hey, Im all for Sage starting at this point, I just see some people hyping him up like he will be this vast improvement.. He really wont be.. BUT, if it means Linehan reigns in the passing game a bit because of his presence, it may actually improve the overall offense.

This is true but we'll never know unless he gets a chance. With Gus playing the way he is, we stand nothing to lose, really.

DeDolfan said:
I think the reason for wanting Sage to start is simply becaue Gus is not getting it done. Much the same when Fiedler was here, sure he won some/more games, but not when they counted and folks wanted to see what Griese and even Lucas could do before they left via FA. At least we did have that opportunity with our backups in the past with no obviour regrets. Now when your current starter is pretty much blowing chunks, it would be a travesty to not give Sage a chance and have him leave nex year and he then excels somewhere else. Then we would hear all this crap about whywe didn't keep Sage.

But I am left wondering tho, which 4 coaches was it that Sage played for here? [sorry, screwed the first one up.]

Norv Turner, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier (Preseason, traded him), Jim Bates, Dave Wannestedt, Nick Saban.

SkapePhin said:
Hey, Im all for Sage starting at this point, I just see some people hyping him up like he will be this vast improvement.He really wont be.

He may very well be "a vast improvement" over Gus if he gets his chance. Nobody knows, not the coaches, not the fans, not even Sage. We'll just have to let it play itself out, and then make an accurate judgement....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
He may very well be "a vast improvement" over Gus if he gets his chance. Nobody knows, not the coaches, not the fans, not even Sage. We'll just have to let it play itself out, and then make an accurate judgement....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Would you bet your house on it? Id say the odds of Sage Rosenfels becoming a good, longterm, productive starter for the Dolphins (or anyone) is about 7%...

But you are right, that still might make him a vast improvement over Gus.. :lol: Gus has a 0% chance of becoming a good, longterm, productive starter.

Back
Top Bottom