Those expecting great things from Sage are setting themselves up for dissapointment | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those expecting great things from Sage are setting themselves up for dissapointment

BLITZKRIEG said:
My prediction :

Sage will have the best game we've seen at QB this year....

He'll play smart, make the accurate throws, and we'll win this game because the execution at QB will be there. After the game is over, and we've all come to the conclusion that Saban was a fool for waiting so long, he'll name Sage the starter for the remainder of the 2005 season....

It's as simple as that...

PHINZ RULE!!!
Probably true, if for no other reason than Cleveland bites.

ckparrothead said:
Actual the general thinking is that a backup QB will give you three good games right out of the box and then three poor games. At least, that's according to John Clayton, who was told that from a "wise former NFL coach"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2220812

Just had to laugh at this part of the article

As generally is the case, a few organizations that thought they were positioned well have suffered setbacks this season. Two playoff-caliber quarterbacks -- Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota and Chad Pennington with the New York Jets -- suffered season-ending injuries that put their 2006 campaigns in question. Pennington has had two rotator cuff operations and his career is in question to a point that the Jets will be in the market for a quarterback. Detroit's Joey Harrington and A.J. Feeley of Miami have struggled, and Baltimore's Kyle Boller has been sidelined, making the future of the position murky in those cities.

Feeley struggled? LOL. Yeah I would say he's in San Diego now without having thrown one pass:rofl3:

SkapePhin said:
So please dont come out with all the "SAGE SUCKS" posts after the game.. Of course he sucks, he has been a backup behind some miserable QBs for about 5 seasons for 4 different coaches. A "gem" simply does not go overlooked in such a circumstance for so long.

I expect some Feeleyesque performances from him.. That being said, that may be better than Frerotte if handled in the proper manner.. Ie, make Sage the CARETAKER.. Rely on the Running Game! If Linehan goes all pass-happy with Sage, the results may be disastrous.

Bottomline, Sage is not the QB of the future, so dont expect him to be.

I hope he proves you wrong but I'm more inclined to believe that you are correct!

SkapePhin said:
So please dont come out with all the "SAGE SUCKS" posts after the game.. Of course he sucks, he has been a backup behind some miserable QBs for about 5 seasons for 4 different coaches. A "gem" simply does not go overlooked in such a circumstance for so long.

I expect some Feeleyesque performances from him.. That being said, that may be better than Frerotte if handled in the proper manner.. Ie, make Sage the CARETAKER.. Rely on the Running Game! If Linehan goes all pass-happy with Sage, the results may be disastrous.

What are you going to say if Sage plays lights out? :goof:

MiamiDolphins34 said:
What are you going to say if Sage plays lights out? :goof:

Id say " YAY! But we still have to see if he can maintain these performances throughout the season!"

SkapePhin said:

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom