Those expecting great things from Sage are setting themselves up for dissapointment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those expecting great things from Sage are setting themselves up for dissapointment

I don't "Expect" Sage to come out and throw for 300 yards and 4td's, I don't think any of us do, but I "Hope" he does. It's not so much that we really think Sage is such a great QB and he will Definitely lead Miami to greatness, but we DO ALL KNOW that Frerotte will not do this, and anybody, I mean anybody at all who isn't Frerotte that we throw in there at this point we should all be hoping that he is the answer........Even if we don't think he is. It's kinda like me buying a lottery ticket, and I obviously don't think that I'll win, but I sure hope to hell that I do!!!!

I don't expect anything but a win against the Browns....if the Dolphins could beat them last season with no o-line...no running game...a once was QB....a headcoach that was a dead man walking....there's no excuses Sunday.

Honestly I dont expect Sage to do anything in the game. I don't want him starting, as you say, he's been a backup his whole career for a reason.

Well if he plays well, I'll be happy. If not, then I already knew it wasnt meant to be

fishypete said:
I don't expect anything but a win against the Browns....if the Dolphins could beat them last season with no o-line...no running game...a once was QB....a headcoach that was a dead man walking....there's no excuses Sunday.

Well the Browns are at home.

They are in the same position we are at 3-6.

They have a better coach and QB than they did last year.

So Id say they have a chance to win, and if they do, theres a good chance that youre going to post a "Fire Saban, we shoulda kept Jim Bates and Feeley thread."

Why doesn't anyone expect Sage to do well? I do. The Browns allow QBs to complete 66% of their passes, only have 10 sacks this year, and have allowed QBs to amass an 86.3 QB rating against them.

This is Sage's chance to become an NFL starter. It's his for the taking and he arguably will not get the opportunity again anytime soon. I EXPECT him to do well with it, because if you're not moving forward you're moving backward.

ckparrothead said:
Why doesn't anyone expect Sage to do well? I do. The Browns allow QBs to complete 66% of their passes, only have 10 sacks this year, and have allowed QBs to amass an 86.3 QB rating against them.

This is Sage's chance to become an NFL starter. It's his for the taking and he arguably will not get the opportunity again anytime soon. I EXPECT him to do well with it, because if you're not moving forward you're moving backward.

I agree. In this almost perfect climate, he should shine. He may have a bit of rust on him but I think after the 1st qtr, he should settle down and have a good outing.

I can't believe he's getting thrown under the bus before he's even played a down under Saban/Linehan. Oh wait, he did and threw a 77yd bomb.
I personally don't care much for what the previous coaches thought, they are all gone. It's going to take very little to improve on Gus' performance so far.

Jnaledu3 said:
Well the Browns are at home.

They are in the same position we are at 3-6.

They have a better coach and QB than they did last year.

So Id say they have a chance to win, and if they do, theres a good chance that youre going to post a "Fire Saban, we shoulda kept Jim Bates and Feeley thread."

Lets reverse that....

We have a new coach....and a new QB....We have a running game far better than last season....we have a O-line thats better than last season....and according to some here...the Dolphins are a far better team than last year...so no excuses.

Hey, if he goes out there and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not the answer...we gained something! This needs to happen..unless the decision has already been made...which I have not heard anyone speculate on.

All the give SAGE a chance stuff is assuming the decision has not been made already by SABAN that he SAGE is not for Miami.

Here's the thing about expectations. Everyone says if you've got high expectations you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Very true. However, if you have low expectations you're setting yourself up for sticking with a guy who is not good for too long because you sit there and rationalize every throw.

You should maintain high expectations, and when they're not met, move on IMO.

SkapePhin said:
So please dont come out with all the "SAGE SUCKS" posts after the game.. Of course he sucks, he has been a backup behind some miserable QBs for about 5 seasons for 4 different coaches. A "gem" simply does not go overlooked in such a circumstance for so long.

I expect some Feeleyesque performances from him.. That being said, that may be better than Frerotte if handled in the proper manner.. Ie, make Sage the CARETAKER.. Rely on the Running Game! If Linehan goes all pass-happy with Sage, the results may be disastrous.

Bottomline, Sage is not the QB of the future, so dont expect him to be.

Well if Sage does play like crap then you'll see a throng of people on here dubbing Cleo Lemon as the next savior that would carry the team if he was just given a shot by these clueless coaches that we have.

When Cleo failed we'd be back to everyone clamoring for Brock Berlin to be brought back and how idiotic it was for Miami to cut him. I mean it was obvious by Brock's playing time against 3rd and 4th string camp fodder that he would be the next Manning!

The insanity will never end, some people just can't seem to use their head.

As far as how Sage will do, I think he can be just as good as a stopgap QB can be. He'll make some good plays and could help us win some games but in the end he'll be inconsistent in his level of play because he just hasn't shown enough for any team to give him a shot.

Sage could play well but like Skape said expecting him to be a diamond in the rough unearthed suddenly after all this time is expecting a little too much.

Our future QB is not on this roster.

ckparrothead said:

Also, we have very talented WRs. Chris may be dropping balls, but he's even better when there's a guy climbing him like the mini empire state building from the Super Sloppy Double Dare obstacle course.

If Sage can put it in the area, which is more than Gus has done, McMike/Booker/Chambers/Brown will make SOME plays.

He may also throw some picks, but I expect a higher YPA.

I am expecting him to show the league that at least he can be a good back up in the NFL.

One thing to remember. No teams keep a player just for the heck of it.

I think Sage will do fine and honestly skape you dont have any idea how he will play.Im sorry but i am tired of guys who think they know what will happen with this guy,and saying he wont be an improvement is just plain wrong.We are 3-6.Just getting to see what sage has in a real game will be an improvement over watching a aging veteran go downhill. I for one really dont care at this point how many we win or lose, but i would feel better getting to see our young qb's compete for next year.Sure i would like to win the rest and get in the playoffs ,but at this point it is time to start evaluating what we have on this team.Next year will be big change over as far as players go, and we need to know where we stand at the qb posistion.

Back
Top Bottom