Those "Meaningless Wins" Proved Not-So-Meaningless | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those "Meaningless Wins" Proved Not-So-Meaningless

The wins weren't meaningless. The wins gave us hope when we all felt hopeless. The wins made me feel that this time could actually be different, that we could actually be turning this franchise around. I saw a team of misfits, castoffs and undrafted players playing far above their skill level and actually beating playoff teams. It made me optimistic to see what Flores could do with a roster that actually had more than a handful of talented players on.

I know we still have a long way to go, but I haven't felt this confident that we will actually get there in a long, long time.

TFK

TFK?! JOE!!! IS THAT YOU! THE TIGER ****ING KING is posting from his jail cell and is a fins fan welcome aboard the loony bus

The win were completely meaningless in the big picture -

Good for Flo coaching up a bunch of scrubs though that is a sure positive

Those Pats Followed the coach not the wins - those Pats came to Miami for playing time - those players will be amazing in my opinion

Others followed a good pay check and playing time and chance to prove oneself

Look at the roster and all the scrubs who know they are moving on - those wins means something to them

Maybe it's because its 12:41pm and I've been day drinking but it seems like from reading the article posted those players really wanted to play with Flores. To me it sounds like even if we won 2-3 games they still woulda signed here because playing with Flores was the or near to being the biggest reason they signed here. If he coaches they will come.

The win were completely meaningless in the big picture -

Good for Flo coaching up a bunch of scrubs though that is a sure positive

Those Pats Followed the coach not the wins - those Pats came to Miami for playing time - those players will be amazing in my opinion

Others followed a good pay check and playing time and chance to prove oneself

Look at the roster and all the scrubs who know they are moving on - those wins means something to them
Every year, every win is meaningless unless it's the superbowl...you know...based on the big picture and all.

TFK?! JOE!!! IS THAT YOU! THE TIGER ****ING KING is posting from his jail cell and is a fins fan welcome aboard the loony bus

I've never seen the show but I've heard about it, that's why it took me a minute to figure out what the hell you were talking about.

TFK

We'll know exactly how much those wins cost right after the draft. If they move up for a QB, then the cost of those wins is directly related to the draft assets going the other way...

If they stay put and pick the lefover QB it'll take a little longer to figure out the cost, but it'll be measured in time, as in the time the franchise wastes figuring out if the QB is good or not. If he's good, then those wins didnt matter.

If they miss out on the QB altogether, well those wins were meaningless and every subsequent win will also be meaningless until they finally solve the most position in football.

I just dont see it. Giving away all the picks we traded Tunsil and Minkah for, just to get Tua and lose the picks.

Nope. Tua wasnt injured when we traded those picks. I dont think Tua was ever in our plan then.

Plus, everything is a smokescreen now. Meaning all the Tua talk is probably meaningless.

Yea. I hate it when players go to their official press conference and say "lol I am here because they offered more money than the other guy"
Why state the obvious.
We'll know exactly how much those wins cost right after the draft. If they move up for a QB, then the cost of those wins is directly related to the draft assets going the other way...

If they stay put and pick the lefover QB it'll take a little longer to figure out the cost, but it'll be measured in time, as in the time the franchise wastes figuring out if the QB is good or not. If he's good, then those wins didnt matter.

If they miss out on the QB altogether, well those wins were meaningless and every subsequent win will also be meaningless until they finally solve the most position in football.
Isn’t that the very reason why we have so much draft capital. We didn’t acquire all those pics to tank, We acquire those pics so we can move up and get who we want.

Why state the obvious.

Isn’t that the very reason why we have so much draft capital. We didn’t acquire all those pics to tank, We acquire those pics so we can move up and get who we want.
If those wins dont happen, then they dont have to trade up, so number of picks we give up to trade up = cost of wins... You dont agree with this?

If those wins dont happen, then they dont have to trade up, so number of picks we give up to trade up = cost of wins... You dont agree with this?
I understand what you’re trying to say, but what you’re saying was never going to be the case.

I just like saying this sentence

Over the last half of the 2019 NFL season the Miami Dolphins had a better record than the New England Patriots.

Also Brady's last game with NE he got beat by Miami. That's nice!

Back
Top Bottom