Those "Meaningless Wins" Proved Not-So-Meaningless | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those "Meaningless Wins" Proved Not-So-Meaningless

Yea. I hate it when players go to their official press conference and say "lol I am here because they offered more money than the other guy"

You're right that this is what every free agent is going to say regardless. But when you're able to sign as many quality FAs as we did, it's reasonable to think it might be true.

I just dont see it. Giving away all the picks we traded Tunsil and Minkah for, just to get Tua and lose the picks.

Nope. Tua wasnt injured when we traded those picks. I dont think Tua was ever in our plan then.

Plus, everything is a smokescreen now. Meaning all the Tua talk is probably meaningless.
Moving up to 3 won't cost anything close to all the picks we got for Tunsil and Minkah

I understand what you’re trying to say, but what you’re saying was never going to be the case.
Im assigning cost to wins, it has already happened and we're just wating for the figures to come in..
This is simple...

Men play to win.
Players with honor play to win.
Coaches with dignity play to win.

Cowards and thieves... tank.

Period.
Well Grier must be a coward then,

Replaced the QB with a worst one,
Replaced a good left tackle with no one,
Replaced a starting DB with no one,
Replaced half the roster a week before the season...

That really sounds like someone trying to win...?

If those wins dont happen, then they dont have to trade up, so number of picks we give up to trade up = cost of wins... You dont agree with this?
Likewise if we didn't have an HC who outperformed expectations with his ragtag roster, the team would be viewed as a dismal place to be by talking heads and players, with the possibility of the #1 pick or his father playing the Elway/Eli card.. as we were under Cam Cameron. So there's that too n'est ce pas?

Likewise if we didn't have an HC who outperformed expectations with his ragtag roster, the team would be viewed as a dismal place to be by talking heads and players, with the possibility of the #1 pick or his father playing the Elway/Eli card.. as we were under Cam Cameron. So there's that too n'est ce pas?
That post was not an argument for/against tanking, it was about explaining the cost of those wins.

Nonetheless, I've become skeptic about 1st year results for coaches, I do like what I see though tbh.

Those wins were a function of a trigger happy QB imo. There are all sorts of bad QBs but if you were to divide them into 2 categories, then I'd group them into bad aggressive and bad conservative. While both wont win games consistently, the aggro will win more games on a bad team and the nit will win more games on a good team.

Fitzpatrick is the most generic aggro QB, that dude will go on a heat simply by the laws of probability and win you games by throwing it up for grabs with his eyes closed a couple of times in a row. But that playing style will also prevent you from winning consistently as he'll also catch those inevitable downswings.

Fwiw, I dont really care who's responsible for those wins, I dont see myself in 5-10 years saying something like: "Remember that 2019 season where we won 5 games because Flores was so great?"... Actually, the only way I see myself saying something like that is if we miss out on a Brees type QB because of draft positionning...

That all sounds good and dandy but I wonder how many players took less money because they wanted to play for Flores so bad.

depends on how much less. I doubt ANY player would skip $4mm to play for a specific HC, but 300k? wouldn't surprise me.

Im assigning cost to wins, it has already happened and we're just wating for the figures to come in..

Well Grier must be a coward then,

Replaced the QB with a worst one,
Replaced a good left tackle with no one,
Replaced a starting DB with no one,
Replaced half the roster a week before the season...

That really sounds like someone trying to win...?
I would respctfully suggest that it is a bit short sighted of an outlook.

It is the coaches job to win games. Every game, one week at a time, regardless of the hand he is dealt.

It is the GMs job to look beyond game by game, or even one season at a time. He has to look down the road, keep the cap manageable, and plan for the future.

He stated very plainly that we were rebuilding, and made decisions accordingly.

I would respctfully suggest that it is a bit short sighted of an outlook.

It is the coaches job to win games. Every game, one week at a time, regardless of the hand he is dealt.

It is the GMs job to look beyond game by game, or even one season at a time. He has to look down the road, keep the cap manageable, and plan for the future.

He stated very plainly that we were rebuilding, and made decisions accordingly.

Naw... that couldn't be it!!! I read a Qanon link that said it was all a dirty conspiracy.

It hurt Rosen because we didnt find out if he was answer or not. It hurt team draft position. Five win mean more for flores. it gave him little credibility in nfl. What does that mean going forward.. it help in free agent. What does that say. nfl is about winning..coaches have small window in nfl to win. Flores seem be a head of schedule..need find qb in draft or free agent too take team to next level. I think they will get this team back to winning again.

I will take a wait and see attitude on the free agency signings. We have been fooled far too many times after supposedly winning the off season free agency period. Hopefully this is the time they finally get it right but only time will tell.

Here is reality. Everyone here knows 1-2 of those FAs will disappoint. Everyone knows 1-2 will surprise on the upside. The remainder will be somewhere around what people expected. Happens every year to every team. We also know some will focus on the 'hits' and some on the 'misses.'

Back
Top Bottom