Thoughts on Kellen Mond as our Backup? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Kellen Mond as our Backup?

Kellen Mond as our Backup QB?

• Yes, I would take him round 3

• Yes, if we can land him round 4 in a trade up.

• Yes, if we can land him round 5-7

• No thanks, not a fan.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like Mond and if this was next year, absolutely would take him in the late rounds. But we are not in the market for a developmental type of QB, Jacoby is our back up and I'm fine with that. Their names are escaping me right now but we've got a couple of kids on the roster right now to fill that practice squad role, if Mond goes UDFA then try to snag him but I don't see the need to burn a draft pick on that spot this year.

Davis Mills might be the best developmental quarterback. I think he's probably a 3rd rounder.

Davis Mills might be the best developmental quarterback. I think he's probably a 3rd rounder.

He probably would be, and he also may be gone by round 3, there's a lot of hype on this kid right now. Mond may also go in that range, which coming into 2020 would have sounded ridiculous but Jimbo did wonders with the kid.

I prefer Brissett. He is a veteran who has starting experience and he could come in and still give the Dolphins a chance to win. Mond would be sitting behind Tua and would only play if Tua was hurt. It is hard enough for a rookie starter to play in the NFL. Having a rookie backup behind a starter who has only played in 9 NFL games doesn’t make much sense to me.

After watching his highlights, if we don't end up with Pitts this year, I hope we draft Jalen Wydermyer when he is available!

Sure I'd take him in round 5 through 7 ... but he'll be long gone. We have a lot of holes that need filling, and we're going to look to fill them with BPA level talent that is there in this draft. Mond would be a luxury pick, and we don't really have room for a luxury pick.
Very much this. Look if brissett has to go in for any reason I know he can execute an offense at an average level. Which is what we want. Our holes mean we have to use those picks at other places. Next year I would love to add someone else to compete for the backup job.

You gotta hit on an offensive weapon. I’ll take an unknown name at WR over a 3rd string QB.

To me, it makes absolutely zero sense to try and find a diamond in the rough at QB as opposed to any other position due to having Tua.

We have 2 firsts in 2023. That would be year 3 for Tua when we’ll truly know if he’s finally going to be the one.

Help Tua. That should be our #1 priority.

I'm all for taking a later round QB a few years from now. I would not like using a pick before round 6. 5th round should be our Center since we don't have a 4th round this year.
QB, seems like a luxury pick and we don't have one this year.

Gatorboy, I forgive the pun!! I pass also because we're set at QB. I thought Brissett was a wise choice. I always liked the player. I remember when he backed up Andrew Luck. He'll come into games and make plays if Lord forbid we need him. He won't hurt us unlike some back ups we've seen! I don't mean lately, Fitz was stellar at the role,

Given the hype he got from Simms and the exposure he's getting on the networks now, I doubt he'd make even through the 2nd round. I am not opposed to drafting him if he's there for us in our first 2nd round pick. I would take the Stanford QB in the 3rd round .. he strikes me as a real sleeper and the most heavily high school recruited QB back in the day.
I always find it amusing how ppl listen to Simms. He's a nodding dog when he's with Florio. He's creepy. Plus his dislike for Tua was beyond bad. Im hoping Tua proves him wrong.

Back
Top Bottom