Thoughts On Lamar Jackson? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts On Lamar Jackson?

The wodnerlic is a stupid measure for football IQ but the dude is football dumb too. I could give two ****s less if a guy can solve random math puzzles.

2018 QB Comparison.PNG

I don't understand why anyone would say he is football dumb. I would say you have to have a pretty good understanding of "football" to put up 45 TD's. Rosen is considered very cerebral, and his passing numbers are comparable. No one is saying Jackson isn't a project, but if he is really football dumb as you say, why can they even project him to go in the 1st round?

Disclaimer: I have backed off taking Jackson in the 1st at 11 or a trade down because I think the timing isn't right. It's win now in Miami, so we need to give Tannehill and our defense all the help they can get. Jackson could be a distraction. I would support taking a QB later in the draft. Who knows, we may get lucky. New England did.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rigued-with-lamar-jackson-after-top-30-visit/

Patriots are "intrigued" by him...

I think he's worth a shot in the 1st. Dude always impressed me at L'Ville, and it's not like he played in some run-and-shoot system there, either. He's definitely made a boneheaded decision having his mother represent him, but...I'm not going to hold that against him.

I'd roll the dice on him.

The difference between getting him in the first or second round is that 5th year option. If he turns into a Superstar that extra year at low cost will make up for the using an earlier pick. If they do trade back to get him they would want to stay in the first round to take advantage of it. Also if they went defense with early pick they could package 2nd and 3rd and get him late in the 1st if he is still there. Like others have mentioned I'm not sure he fits Gase's offensive plan.

You're funny. I'm pretty sure I've watched as much as you. To each his own but I think Jackson is much better than you give him credit for.
And I think you give him too much credit as a pocket passer. To each his own.

i say pick him.. just make damn sure it’s in the right slot... one that’s not at #11 if we can avoid it

I still don’t think Jackson will be a Miami Dolphin BUT the lack of buzz suggesting the Dolphins want Jackson has me curious. If they don’t want him why not send out more smoke signals to get a team to trade ahead of them? Push another talent back. I also think Gase and his massive ego would love a shot to mold such an ELECTRIC player.

Not everybody is blessed with amazing mental processing power. I know I struggle. However, I can over come most things through hard work and dedication. It just takes me longer to get there than others. In this case, I don't see why Jackson couldn't do it either.

onrushing 300lb maniacal speedsters w bad attitudes sometimes dont wait while qbs process the situation.

Makes you wonder what Bellichick supposedly sees in him with all these negatives people are saying. Could be he sees what O’Brien has with Watson at QB and thinks Jackson could be that for the Pats. Not that they’re exactly the same type of QB but there are definitely similarities.

Looking at Alabama and they’re bringing in more mobile athletic QBs for their future. Not the same type as Jackson since he’s extraordinarily unique with only Vick and Randall Cunningham as guys who are similar athletically and stylistically.

Then you gotta remember that Bill > Satan > Gase connection and maybe Gase thinks a QB like Jackson really could succeed at the highest level. He’s the only QB we could draft this year to sit behind Tannehill who could also get on the field in different packages as the QB or WR and we could really run some cool gadget plays with.

I watched a segment a few weeks back where Vick said this kid is the real deal. Said Jackson did things in college that he wasn’t even doing until well into his pro career.

I’m not advocating FOR Jackson (I want Edmunds) as our pick but if we get him then I will absolutely be excited by the potential of what he could be under a coach like Gase.

Back
Top Bottom