Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Hayden Fox Assessment

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;RCKBtsTk8eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCKBtsTk8eQ[/video]

Culinary SOS is a great thread. I should know, I've made almost 100 posts in it. But only one thread was called "brilliant" by Jeff Darlington.

[tweet]651912523235618817[/tweet]

That was a great thread. I laughed by butt off at some of the comments like Gozo's.

Good to see some worthy candidates this year instead of you know who :up:

Culinary SOS is a great thread. I should know, I've made almost 100 posts in it. But only one thread was called "brilliant" by Jeff Darlington.

[tweet]651912523235618817[/tweet]

I've held my own with a lot of great teamwork from other members (like yourself), but if it takes a famous movie flick, a national reporter, and a slew of unintelligent football trolls to carry some fluke thread, well . . . I think we can all gather that the real strength of TOTY lies within the daily grind of Culinary SOS.

145.jpg

the idea of a cooking thread winning thread of the year in an american football forum that I assume is 99% male amuses me

I know. Crazy, huh.

1.jpg

146.jpg

1.jpg

Firstly - wtf is with you and pics of a girl holding a ball recently

Secondly - your (amazing) thread goes slightly beyond beer and burgers - this week alone we had very detailed instructions for cleaning pans! Just find it cool that its leading over typical OUR RB GOOD YOUR RB LESS GOOD threads

Firstly - wtf is with you and pics of a girl holding a ball recently

Secondly - your (amazing) thread goes slightly beyond beer and burgers - this week alone we had very detailed instructions for cleaning pans! Just find it cool that its leading over typical OUR RB GOOD YOUR RB LESS GOOD threads

:lol: I have no idea. Guess I need to start loading them up into photobucket or someone's messing with me. *fixed

And BTW, Cast-iron is the pan of the Gods.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: I have no idea. Guess I need to start loading them up into photobucket or someone's messing with me. *fixed

And BTW, Cast-iron is the pan of the Gods.

Cast iron is overrated. It's excellent for the price.

Copper pans are better in every other way. Especially all or at least semi-clad.

6.png

Cast iron is overrated. It's excellent for the price.

Copper pans are better in every other way. Especially all or at least semi-clad.

6.png

Um, . . . huh?

All Clad is a manufacturer of pans, not a type of material used in them.

Copper may be the best conductor of heat, but it is very heavy, very laborious for upkeep, and is very expensive. It also reacts chemically with many foods creating poisonous compounds, so copper pans must be lined with another metal. In short, it's mostly used for show these days.

[video=youtube;PV3_UHG73oQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3_UHG73oQ[/video]

Conversely, stainless steel pans do not react with foods, such as aluminum or copper pans will, and although it may be a poor conductor of heat the best ones have a copper disk in between the surface and bottom. This makes these pans ideal because you get the hardiness, durability, and non food reactions of stainless steel, with the excellent conductivity of copper.

It is also well known that cast iron pans are a favorite of chefs simply because of it's ability to maintain high temperatures for extended periods of time.

Kindly take your sanitary napkin back and . . .

66.gif

Um, . . . huh?

All Clad is a manufacturer of pans, not a type of material used in them.

Copper may be the best conductor of heat, but it is very heavy, very laborious for upkeep, and is very expensive. It also reacts chemically with many foods creating poisonous compounds, so copper pans must be lined with another metal. In short, it's mostly used for show these days.

[video=youtube;PV3_UHG73oQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3_UHG73oQ[/video]

Conversely, stainless steel pans do not react with foods, such as aluminum or copper pans will, and although it may be a poor conductor of heat the best ones have a copper disk in between the surface and bottom. This gives makes these pans ideal because you get the hardiness, durability, and non food reactions of stainless steel, with the excellent conductivity of copper.

It is also well known that cast iron pans are a favorite of chefs simply because of it's ability to maintain high temperatures for extended periods of time.

Kindly take your sanitary napkin back and . . .

66.gif

Which is what all clad makes. They're not the only ones, but I just refer to that kind of pan as "all clad" as a shorthand, sort of how some people will refer to any soda as a "coke".

Which is what all clad makes. They're not the only ones, but I just refer to that kind of pan as "all clad" as a shorthand, sort of how some people will refer to any soda as a "coke".

Which then brings the question, "WTF is semi-clad?"

Just a quick shout out to anyone looking into All-Clad, Calphalon, etc cookware, don't be duped by society, they are not worth the price. If you feel the need to do so, maybe you can find some to match your gucci sunglasses, prada handbag, and whatever else the **** people are conned into buying these days.

Where the stainless steel is only on the top and not the bottom. Like this:

164.jpg

The copper will stain, and you can't wash it in the dishwasher, but these are cheaper than all clad and you can cook anything in them and not have to worry about reactivity.

Maybe I'm the only person in the world who refers to this as semi-clad, but... that's what I call them.

Just a quick shout out to anyone looking into All-Clad, Calphalon, etc cookware, don't be duped by society, they are not worth the price. If you feel the need to do so, maybe you can find some to match your gucci sunglasses, prada handbag, and whatever else the **** people are conned into buying these days.

Which types of pans should I be looking to stuff in my Prada the next time I go pan shopping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom