Thread Start Requirements | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thread Start Requirements

We are backing off today and letting people vent. Will merge many threads tomorrow so just avoid the dup ones is all.

Maybe give some non-moderators, but trusted members, the ability to merge threads - and ONLY to merge threads. Could ease the mod workload and get these identical threads merged quickly

Thanks for the suggestion bro but we have some excellent moderators and they have all earned the powers we give them to manage the threads

We are good my friend and like they say too many cooks ... you know the rest

1641960668314.png

If you see threads that should be merged send a PM to anyone on staff and we will take care of it

That's why we make the big bucks
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Not really :p

If you see threads that should be merged send a PM to anyone on staff and we will take care of it

That's why we make the big bucks
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Not really :p

Is it any thing like merging lanes I'm brilliant at that, can stuff a whole freeway up? :chuckle:

Does this mean I have to retire all my soapbox graphics.?

Again from what I've seen work elsewhere, I would also add 30 days as a member as a rigid time requirement and

Revocation of thread starting privileges upon 5 threads ending up in the depths within a designated time frame.

Does this mean I have to retire all my soapbox graphics.?

Again from what I've seen work elsewhere, I would also add 30 days as a member as a rigid time requirement and

Revocation of thread starting privileges upon 5 threads ending up in the depths within a designated time frame.
We use 25 posts and 5 likes instead of just a 30 days count, it makes them vetted by at least five current FinHeaven members.

The revoking of thread starting rights due to threads ending up in the depths seems unfair as it’s not necessarily the thread starters fault that it got side railed.

PS the soap box graphics are yours to keep LOL

We use 25 posts and 5 likes instead of just a 30 days count, it makes them vetted by at least five current FinHeaven members.

The revoking of thread starting rights due to threads ending up in the depths seems unfair as it’s not necessarily the thread starters fault that it got side railed.

In a perfect world, that "likes" criterion makes a lot of sense. However, IMO it's easy to get 5 likes from others who share the same irritable characteristics. How about upping the likes to 25 or 50? Also, I can foresee the pandering for more likes to fulfill that modest requirement.

Also as we know from a past obsessed Jets fan member, 25 posts in a day is not out of the realm of possibility....you are assuming that normal people post normally.. which isn't the case when it comes to trolls.

JMO

Based upon recent activity 50 likes might be better as the new floor. Just an idea!

Back
Top Bottom