Thread Start Requirements | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thread Start Requirements

The thing is we don't want to go too far and discourage new members

Also some guys that donate lots and are club members hardly ever post

Lets see how this works out and then we'll adjust if necessary

We use 25 posts and 5 likes instead of just a 30 days count, it makes them vetted by at least five current FinHeaven members.

The revoking of thread starting rights due to threads ending up in the depths seems unfair as it’s not necessarily the thread starters fault that it got side railed.

PS the soap box graphics are yours to keep LOL
Guys with under our requirements get tagged as practice squad (new members)

Once they exceed them they move to active roster and can start threads

You guys are awesome, thank you!

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards
Clapping Applause GIF
Clapping Applause GIF

We use 25 posts and 5 likes instead of just a 30 days count, it makes them vetted by at least five current FinHeaven members.

The revoking of thread starting rights due to threads ending up in the depths seems unfair as it’s not necessarily the thread starters fault that it got side railed.

Well if you got 'em, flaunt 'em
1642017357139.png
1642017381730.png

1642017414604.png

1642017482141.gif

1642017523262.png

In a perfect world, that "likes" criterion makes a lot of sense. However, IMO it's easy to get 5 likes from others who share the same irritable characteristics. How about upping the likes to 25 or 50? Also, I can foresee the pandering for more likes to fulfill that modest requirement.

Also as we know from a past obsessed Jets fan member, 25 posts in a day is not out of the realm of possibility....you are assuming that normal people post normally.. which isn't the case when it comes to trolls.

JMO
I could potentially sell my likes as a side business.
We have some other very spirited entrepreneurs here on the site...
5994f73507e24.image-removebg.png

Just wondering. Whoever set up this forum IMO did an outstanding job. A place where ALL Dolphin fans can & should come and express their opinions on our team in which some may consider note worthy and some not. BUT allowed to express their opinions and feelings of the chosen topic.

Just seeing the (IMO) neglect of those supposedly overseeing the Forum (a Moderator Staff here lately) ability to possible concentrate on keeping posts on topic and not being part of the problem by making their own stuff up. I have to say much of the time it is these same well entrenched long timers that are gripping about the same problems they help create and extend. Funny thing is gripping about to many similar threads while these same people fill the ones in use with non topic advice views or even threats..

Don't know you personally but mentioning this possibly to you with the hopes of it sinking in for I'm finding out those staff on the board don't seem to even recognize this as a problem. Some actually joining in...

Not saying we aren't over doing post on same topics but neglecting the subject matter is more a drag than reading an opinions in different threads Atleast IMO. Or going off on made up tangents as if original poster expressed. And half the thread doesn't even relate to the thread. Seen maybe 6-8 threads saying nothing about threat topic just pissed at poster, and thats was just one poster.....

Usually don't give a damn but find I want FH to be better and this is a huge way, otherwise to much silliness and the good credibale posters will leave and then we're stuck. I don't want that though do see it happening...

You set up a great board now and the success is up to the logic and reason of posters to bring it to the next level. And that my friends is being threatened by all levels of posters, old new, even staff ...

Thanks Henrik for letting me express another opinion, fingers crossed for awakening new standards as simple and staying on actual topic of what ever thread was created for. I hope for success and know there will be some not putting their happy faces on over this point.

Last edited:
Just wondering. Whoever set up this forum IMO did an outstanding job. A place where ALL Dolphin fans can & should come and express their opinions on our team in which some may consider note worthy and some not. BUT allowed to express their opinions and feelings of the chosen topic.

Just seeing the (IMO) neglect of those supposedly overseeing the Forum (a Moderator Staff here lately) ability to possible concentrate on keeping posts on topic and not being part of the problem by making their own stuff up. I have to say much of the time it is these same well entrenched long timers that are gripping about the same problems they help create and extend. Funny thing is gripping about to many similar threads while these same people fill the ones in use with non topic advice views or even threats..

Don't know you personally but mentioning this possibly to you with the hopes of it sinking in for I'm finding out those staff on the board don't seem to even recognize this as a problem. Some actually joining in...

Not saying we aren't over doing post on same topics but neglecting the subject matter is more a drag than reading an opinions in different threads Atleast IMO. Or going off on made up tangents as if original poster expressed. And half the thread doesn't even relate to the thread. Seen maybe 6-8 threads saying nothing about threat topic just pissed at poster, and thats was just one poster.....

Usually don't give a damn but find I want FH to be better and this is a huge way, otherwise to much silliness and the good credibale posters will leave and then we're stuck. I don't want that though do see it happening...

You set up a great board now and the success is up to the logic and reason of posters to bring it to the next level. And that my friends is being threatened by all levels of posters, old new, even staff ...

Thanks Henrik for letting me express another opinion, fingers crossed for awakening new standards as simple and staying on actual topic of what ever thread was created for. I hope for success and know there will be some not putting their happy faces on over this point.
I have to address this. There isn't a single thread started on Finheaven that couldn't be closed for "off-topic" reasons. It's endless wadding through the he said she said nonsense to keep posters happy. Right now two things are certain given this climate 1) Most threads will eventually move towards the head coach vacancy or Tua as a QB. You simply cannot avoid the topics in most Miami related threads. Until one or both are addressed there is no sense in merging or removing threads due to it or everything would be locked and/or in the Locker. 2) given that it is the playoffs and several of the coaches rumored to be on Miami's list of candidates are in the playoffs there is also reason to have those teams and/or names brought into conversations. Leeway is given at different times of the year and always has been depending on the time of the year e.g. NFL draft time, threads about the draft are granted leeway, Playoff time, threads about the playoffs are granted leeway etc...

It is frankly impossible to keep a thread 100% "on-topic" and that is simply due to the nature of humans and conversation. It's like the talk at a Thanksgiving table, it rarely centers around a single talking point. About 2 years ago due to loss of members due to "ticky tack" **** like off-topics" and profanity filter type **** it was determined to reduce the severity of those type infractions, kind a like legalizing weed, some might not agree with it, others are hard fast against it but overall it reduced nonsense charges in the court systems.

I hope this helps you understand all the wheels in motion as there are many many many conversations behind closed doors about how to keep all members of this site posting in order to keep the LARGEST MIAMI FAN SITE on the web active and healthy.

Last edited:
I have to address this. There isn't a single thread started on Finheaven that couldn't be closed for "off-topic" reasons. It's endless wadding through the he said she said nonsense to keep posters happy. Right now two things are certain given this climate 1) Most threads will eventually move towards the head coach vacancy or Tua as a QB. You simply cannot avoid the topics in most Miami related threads. Until one or both are addressed there is no sense in merging or removing threads due to it or everything would be locked and/or in the Locker. 2) given that it is the playoffs and several of the coaches rumored to be on Miami's list of candidates are in the playoffs there is also reason to have those teams and/or names brought into conversations. Leeway is given at different times of the year and always has been depending on the time of the year e.g. NFL draft time, threads about the draft are granted leeway, Playoff time, threads about the playoffs are granted leeway etc...

It is frankly impossible to keep a thread 100% "on-topic" and that is simply due to the nature of humans and conversation. It's like the talk at a Thanksgiving table, it rarely centers around a single talking point. About 2 years ago due to loss of members due to "ticky tack" **** like off-topics" and profanity filter type **** it was determined to reduce the severity of those type infractions, kind a like legalizing weed, some might not agree with it, others are hard fast against it but overall it reduced nonsense charges in the court systems.

I hope this helps you understand all the wheels in motion as there are many many many conversations behind closed doors about how to keep all members of this site posting in order to keep the LARGEST MIAMI FAN SITE on the web active and healthy.
OK whatever you say

But this is another pretty clear example of MISSING THE POINT........
Man I've gone over this enough hopefully the owner gets it cause truthfully seeing the lack of awareness or pretty much not giving a s*** because I know you are not that clueless of whats going on and on and on is silly to even talk about. Might as well talk to the wall about it...

Weird that you'd need to have to see the numerous example of not even close to on topic and I'm not saying 100% in most cases but maybe the mostly made up stuff and personal attacks...overlooked
Gee now theres a big surprise to see who appreciates and likes this perspective.. Don't know the Gov.and looked back at his opinion in my thread and being based on the foofball topic in discussion thought though I may disagree find legitimate opinion, and NY8123 haven't had any reason to put you in that group. but the other two are who I'd think would want stuff worked out and not be part of the problem ...You know in whatever thread make an effort to clean up a little so if doesn't get out of had. I mean that shouldn't be difficult and actually seen finfan respond.
I mean I don't think thats asking to much is it ?
Hope and fingers crossed that Henrik is more perceptive.

OK guys I'm done with this, it's just to frustrating to deal with any more.....Have a Great day

OK whatever you say

But this is another pretty clear example of MISSING THE POINT........
Man I've gone over this enough hopefully the owner gets it cause truthfully seeing the lack of awareness or pretty much not giving a s*** because I know you are not that clueless of whats going on and on and on is silly to even talk about. Might as well talk to the wall about it...

Weird that you'd need to have to see the numerous example of not even close to on topic and I'm not saying 100% in most cases but maybe the mostly made up stuff and personal attacks...overlooked
Gee now theres a big surprise to see who appreciates and likes this perspective.. Don't know the Gov.and looked back at his opinion in my thread and being based on the foofball topic in discussion thought though I may disagree find legitimate opinion, and NY8123 haven't had any reason to put you in that group. but the other two are who I'd think would want stuff worked out and not be part of the problem ...You know in whatever thread make an effort to clean up a little so if doesn't get out of had. I mean that shouldn't be difficult and actually seen finfan respond.
I mean I don't think thats asking to much is it ?
Hope and fingers crossed that Henrik is more perceptive.

OK guys I'm done with this, it's just to frustrating to deal with any more.....Have a Great day
You started a thread on Ross. You want him to sell the team. Sure neato. First of all there is already a secession plan in place for Ross to turnover the team over to one of his cronies (Beal Jr.). So short of a cataclysmic event in NYC which wipes out Ross and his board of directors the Miami Dolphins ain't getting sold and Ross or Beal will be the owner for the foreseeable future. This has been covered about fifty times in the past year, much like Miami should Trade for Watson, Watson is a Scumbag, Tua Sucks, Tua is Great, Flores shouldn't have been fired, Flores Sucked, Grier Needs To Go, Grier is Awesome threads.

It's a topic with zero resolution so I am not sure what you want done here.

"You can't know a person until you walk a mile in their shoes!"

In defense of our staff, one can only imagine the extent and degree of BS they have to oversee. They are doing an outstanding job and if anything, show too much patience in putting up with rainmen, trolls, whiners and petulant posters!

You can't please everyone but IMO the overwhelming majority appreciate them and the thankless job they're tasked with.

Back
Top Bottom