Three Positives From Today's Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three Positives From Today's Game

H4wt Pocket

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The start to this season has been horrible and yesterday's game against the Texans was very ugly. However, there were a few positives from the game.

1 - Daniel Thomas. He looked good out there and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not saying he looked like a pro bowler, but he did have some nice runs. The only knock on him is the fumble. We had momentum at the time and we were driving, so the fumble certainly hurt, but by the looks of the rest of the team, we probably would've lost anyway. To be honest, he was probably the only bright spot in an otherwise dismal and pathetic performance.

2 - We are one loss closer to Luck. I'm not saying Luck will immediately turn this team around, but if we're in position to get him (which is almost a certainty if we continue to play like complete ****), we have to get him. The NFL is a passing league now and QB is the most important position. Once we grab him, we can build around him. He's the best prospect in years and we absolutely can't pass him up.

3 - One loss closer to the end of the Sparano regime. After watching this team crumble at the end of last season I was ready to give Sparano the boot. I wanted Harbaugh and was disappointed when we didn't get him. However, as the offseason went on and we got closer to football, I was ready to give Sparano one more shot. Well, we're two games into the season and I'm ready to give him the boot again. I know...it's only been two games, but we have looked completely terrible. This team DOES have some talent on it, but coaching has been a major issue and our talent just can't overcome it. The sooner we find a new head coach, the sooner we start turning things around.

I know there are some people on here that will say "You're not a real fan!", or "Go cheer for the Jets.", but I just can't blindly support this team. I refuse to watch Dolphin's games with rose colored glasses. I want what's best for the team, not just for now, but for the future as well. If you think that makes me any less of a fan, then so be it, but I refuse to accept mediocrity.

Now for the negatives......

dcolist-1.jpg

Tough to find Positives today ... but good work, you found them!!:lol2:

I was ready to give Sparano the boot after the New England game 38-7 I dont know who though that game did not mean anything. It showed the team did not belive in him and the system no more like they dont now!!!

I'm not that down on Thomas for the fumble because it wasn't like he was being careless with the ball or not protecting it, a defender just happened to catch him directly where he was holding the ball after he had just broke free of several tacklers and couldn't adjust. I've seen all of our top receivers have horrible, WTF fumbles that should never have happened. The Thomas fumble was more like terrible luck at the worst time than anything else.

I was ready to give Sparano the boot after the New England game 38-7 I dont know who though that game did not mean anything. It showed the team did not belive in him and the system no more like they dont now!!!

I was also ready to give him the boot after that game. The team simply gave up.

What are we in the last 11 home games? 1-10? One word...pathetic. And they wonder why the fan turnout is ****.

Back
Top Bottom