Three rookies are noted | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three rookies are noted

They should play the best 5 regardless of if they are rookies or not.

they obviously don’t feel he’s one of the best 5 so is what it is.

he does have a serviceable incumbent right tackle as competition so that part I get...for now

I can't disagree with you or Awsi that Davis is fine for the quality of this team right now.

I also know Jesse is a captain, so he must have the respect of the squad.

But if Hunt starts to show up in practice later in the season, I would be disappointed if they didn't give him a shot at RT.

I just want to see the kids feet. See if he even has tackle feet. I have my doubts

They should play the best 5 regardless of if they are rookies or not.

they obviously don’t feel he’s one of the best 5 so is what it is.

he does have a serviceable incumbent right tackle as competition so that part I get...for now
The serviceable incumbent will probably be better than a green rookie if he's not playing and delveloping.

IMO Hunt's upside is much higher than Davis'.

The serviceable incumbent will probably be better than a green rookie if he's not playing and delveloping.

IMO Hunt's upside is much higher than Davis'.

god I hope so. One was a udfa and the other was a top 40 pick. One seemed to max out at guard and move to tackle where he’s “serviceable”

I already asked this to the board before but name a non tackle top 40 pick that didn’t start out the gate on the oline league wide. Go ahead. I’ll wait.

if it’s tackle that’s a different thing and I get that and there’s serviceable vet in front of him with that right now.

frankly I’m only convinced there’s one long term ie 3 years from now current starter playing on that oline for us and it’s Austin Jackson and that’s if he does a lot of developing these next 2 years.
I mostly agree with you. You are right that a guard prospect picked that high is almost always an immediate starter. But Kindley gave us a game we would have loved from our "non tackle top 40 pick." Exactly what we were hoping Hunt would give us.

It's funny that if you simply switched Hunt and Kindley's situations, everyone would agree we absolutely nailed the O-line in the draft. There'd be zero complaints.

But Hunt is not going to beat out Flowers and I hope Kindley keeps playing well enough to lock down the other guard spot. That would currently make Hunt a RT prospect (his depth chart designation), which means according to your logic, we shouldn't be worried yet.

I mostly agree with you. You are right that a guard prospect picked that high is almost always an immediate starter. But Kindley gave us a game we would have loved from our "non tackle top 40 pick." Exactly what we were hoping Hunt would give us.

It's funny that if you simply switched Hunt and Kindley's situations, everyone would agree we absolutely nailed the O-line in the draft. There'd be zero complaints.

But Hunt is not going to beat out Flowers and I hope Kindley keeps playing well enough to lock down the other guard spot. That would currently make Hunt a RT prospect (his depth chart designation), which means according to your logic, we shouldn't be worried yet.

so you think kindley looks like a top 40 pick I take it.

I think you have a better chance selling
me on Brandon jones looks like he might be worth oh a top 50 pick. Assuming he can maintain his level of play.

I’d say right now he’s probably 50-75 but that’s probably in the 3rd round range where he was drafted

god I hope so. One was a udfa and the other was a top 40 pick. One seemed to max out at guard and move to tackle where he’s “serviceable”
What are they waiting for for playing Hunt? I don't understand their thinking. You only get better by playing.

They shouldn't wait to throw him in and make his mistakes when Tua's in.

What are they waiting for for playing Hunt? I don't understand their thinking. You only get better by playing.

They shouldn't wait to throw him in and make his mistakes when Tua's in.

kindleys got that sec track record and physicality of play to him.

small school kid like hunt maybe he’s just not ready for the assignment aspects of things. Who really knows.

im sure the physicality and mindset/attitude kindley plays with is appealing to them.

davis is just someone they are comfortable with I tbink. And he hasn’t done anything to warrant replacement on the field yet either.

so you think kindley looks like a top 40 pick I take it.
I'm more saying that I think if Hunt had given us that game instead of Kindley, we would all be very happy with the pick right now. Whether you want to call it worthy of #39 is up to you.

I buy the theory that they didn’t want to start three rookies given the lack of preseason. That’s a tall task even if all 3 were 1st rounders.

I don’t think Kindley and Hunt have as much to do with each other as people think.

You need to really sit back and think about this team and the architecture behind it, they aren’t building on last year. They are starting over, with a much improved roster but essentially in the same position they were at last year.

Just like I said before last year started that team was going to be so much better week 17 than it was week going to be week 1. I believe that will be the case again this year. I peg Tua for 6-8 starts and then you start building on your foundation.

Jesse Davis has the ability to get a QB killed so being a vet isn’t a huge bonus here. If he slips up even slightly, Hunt plays.

I'm more saying that I think if Hunt had given us that game instead of Kindley, we would all be very happy with the pick right now. Whether you want to call it worthy of #39 is up to you.

id probably be thinking ain’t no way that guy can play tackle if he had given us that game to be honest lol

id probably be thinking ain’t no way that guy can play tackle if he had given us that game to be honest lol
Lol. I was talking about simply the quality of play from a rookie guard in his first game.

So all this means is that Hunt might not be as good a guard as Kindley right now. But him losing out to Kindley at guard doesn't seem like much of an indictment right now.

And you are admitting there's much less concern that he can't win the tackle job on day one.

Lol. I was talking about simply the quality of play from a rookie guard in his first game.

So all this means is that Hunt might not be as good a guard as Kindley right now. But him losing out to Kindley at guard doesn't seem like much of an indictment right now.

And you are admitting there's much less concern that he can't win Tackle job on day 1.

I’m sure you’ve already read it but I’m not even sure he is a tackle. I could see us putting him out there and then learning over time he belongs in a phone booth but I will reserve judgement on that until I get to see him take some sets.

I think the sec level of competition and the familiarity of playing guard in college and not transitioning to it in the pros probably plays to kindleys advantage in the here and now. I’m fully aware sec physicality and speed of play is as close to the nfl from a comp stand point as you can find in the college game. And so that part makes sense.

but I also have expectations of what a guy should look like to validate draft picks and I wouldnt say kindley looked like more than a mid round guy either. So it’s not like I’m surprised with the actual on field play we got from the player. I mean yeah if the bar is 3rd round pick a year ago dieter by all means kindley trumps that at guard no question...but past failures shouldn’t be the bar.

Back
Top Bottom