Thurs. 8/18 Media Only Practice Reports HERE!!! | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thurs. 8/18 Media Only Practice Reports HERE!!!

What this about armstead not being seen yesterday and leaving the practice field early the day prior?

Neon Deion was certainly the fastest and one of the best but you still gotta tackle somebody every once in a while. Revis was the best(and I loath the Jests).Yea, business decisions...LOL

Neon Deion was certainly the fastest and one of the best but you still gotta tackle somebody every once in a while. Revis was the best(and I loath the Jests).Yea, business decisions...LOL
Don't know if you ever saw him play but to me Mike Haynes was the best corner in the game. He might have been before your time though

Agreed.

I was a big Moehrig guy.

He's having a solid career so far also. But it appears Miami truly got a special player.

If only Miami traded up for Moehrig, not Eich.

This secondary would be legendary.

Now, they're just epic. Lol

Did Brock Marion play with Sammy Knight?
I'm forgetting my Timelines.

Did we at one point have a secondary of Marion, Knight, Surtain and Madison?
I had Ritchie Grant as the pick there. I had S as a high need and I figured with Miami coaching the Senior Bowl and Grant shining there, he'd be the pick. But I had Holland and Grant rated equally (both above Moehrig). I was stoked the instant that Holland was the pick. My prediction that preseason was that Holland would be the most impactful pick, even above Waddle and Phillips (picks I also loved). I was far less happy with the rest of that draft.

This one is longer.

Tua came into the league with elite accuracy, anticipation, release and pocket sense. Like every other QB he would have to develop his decision-making, but that only comes with experience and ideally a bit of continuity. (And by all reports he is a guy who picks up concepts quickly). History has repeatedly shown that QBs with that skill set can easily succeed. Anybody who can't see that, just doesn't understand football. That's why I have no doubt that McD is telling the truth about Tua and that his excitement is genuine.

I also love how McD pointed out that Tua has not been put in a position to succeed, in terms of support and system. I do believe that the OCs last year tried, but didn't know how. And they were apparently hindered by a HC who just didn't understand offense and took any disagreement as a personal affront. Situation obviously matters. IMO people who deny or ignore that are displaying an impressive level of ignorance.

Maybe I should have watched the video before commenting. Seems like McDaniel was referring specifically to lefty QBs.

But my original point was I tend not to believe or take at face value when people talk in absolutes. One thing to say Tua is incredibly accurate, or one or the most accurate in the league. Another thing to say that he is more accurate than every hall of fame QB McDaniel has viewed in his lifetime, e.g. Drew Brees.
" ... I tend not to believe or take at face value when people talk in absolutes."

You are in the right place - LOL

Maybe I should have watched the video before commenting. Seems like McDaniel was referring specifically to lefty QBs.

But my original point was I tend not to believe or take at face value when people talk in absolutes. One thing to say Tua is incredibly accurate, or one or the most accurate in the league. Another thing to say that he is more accurate than every hall of fame QB McDaniel has viewed in his lifetime, e.g. Drew Brees.
I don't agree with that. McD was talking about his previous stops. The top QBs from his previous stops were Matt Ryan and Jimmy G.

I had Ritchie Grant as the pick there. I had S as a high need and I figured with Miami coaching the Senior Bowl and Grant shining there, he'd be the pick. But I had Holland and Grant rated equally (both above Moehrig). I was stoked the instant that Holland was the pick. My prediction that preseason was that Holland would be the most impactful pick, even above Waddle and Phillips (picks I also loved). I was far less happy with the rest of that draft.

The only player we missed out on was Creed Humphrey.

That was a no-brainer, can't believe we were asleep at the wheel on that one.

Agreed.

I was a big Moehrig guy.

He's having a solid career so far also. But it appears Miami truly got a special player.

If only Miami traded up for Moehrig, not Eich.

This secondary would be legendary.

Now, they're just epic. Lol

Did Brock Marion play with Sammy Knight?
I'm forgetting my Timelines.

Did we at one point have a secondary of Marion, Knight, Surtain and Madison?
We did.

You missed out on micah parsons too but folks will stay in denial about that one 😂

Different caliber of misses in that you still got Waddle.

Getting Liam Eichenberg is no consolation to missing out on Creed Humphrey. That one was OBVIOUS. We got to the playoffs in 2021 if we had made that selection instead of LE.

Back
Top Bottom