Time for a CHANGE! please god please | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time for a CHANGE! please god please

I think it's horrible. Honestly it sounds like a weak attempt at a hick campfire song.

Play P.O.D - Boom, Foo Fighters - Hero or something that's actually good.

I know it's tradition..... but isn't it a little less meaningful if you "borrowed" the anthem from another team, simply replacing their name with your own. That's even lamer than the actual song. So I ofcourse think it's time for the banjo anthem to Go.

I love our song! My favorite part is "we're in the ground, we're in the air, we're always in control so when you say Miami you're talking Super Bowl!"

it's true, it was originally written for Miami, but sold to the Houston Oilers who had it up until they moved to Tennessee. It's corny, but honetly, aren't ALL fightsong/touchdown songs?

Cannonboy said:
It's better then the J E T S, Jets Jets Jets. Now that's the lamest chant/song I have ever heard.

lol it could be F I N S, Fins Fins Fins!!:tongue:

i saw Miami play San Fransisco at Wembley stadium july 31st 1988 in an exhibition game. They played that song when we scored. The verse has always stuck in my head for some reason!! its catchy. sounds a bit cajun to me tho.

yankeehillbilly said:
Its pretty corny....kinda High Schoolish.
But Id much rather hear it played to excess and irritating the crap out of me than to hardly ever hear it at all like last year.

high schoolish? haha..what high school did you go to?

touborg said:
I think it's horrible. Honestly it sounds like a weak attempt at a hick campfire song.

Play P.O.D - Boom, Foo Fighters - Hero or something that's actually good.

any of those 2 songs will do for me.

cnc66 said:
here ya go;

http://www.miamidolphins.com/history/dolphinsfightsong/dolphinsfightsong.asp

as dumb as it is, I love it. I associate it with touchdowns, and I sing the sucker with my heart and soul.... It is also an interesting benchmark. If, after watching me sing. dance and celebrate this at a game a woman still receives my call, I know she is a good one.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Seriously, I said the same thing last night to a friend who was making fun of the song.

I still think a new song could be nice.

Tradition is fine- but it's 2005 now. We need something more modern and a LOT less corny. I think it's horrible and I always have. It's good to hear it because you know we scored, but the song sucks plain and simple.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I love it.

I proudly play it loudly in my truck from time to time.

To each is own, but that's pretty sad man. I wouldn't play that song in the privacy of my own home.

FireWrongstedt said:
To each is own, but that's pretty sad man. I wouldn't play that song in the privacy of my own home.

I didn't say it was with the windows down. :lol:

Although on October 30th I might.

Back
Top Bottom