Time for the Marlins to get Out. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time for the Marlins to get Out.

Does the Baseball field bother you to????

• Total voters
I just find it amazing that my local public high school football team plays on a better field (and has a separate baseball diamond) than a multi million dollar NFL franchise. Granted, they didn't build a huge stadium, but then again, they are not a profitable business, overcharging for parking, concessions, and souveniers, either. I'm embarrased every time I see the fins play on that field. Yes, the Marlins need to find alternate accomodations.

As for using tax-payer money, the only way I would be for it would be if it were an investment where there is a contractual schedule for loan repayment, then continual return on investment afterwards. But let's face it, if it were profitable to fully fund in the first place, they would'nt be asking for help, they'd just use private investors. So it's basically a large corporation looking for a handout to help start a business that they will reap the profits from.

Does the baseball field bother me?

Heck, the sport of baseball bothers me period!

Forget removing the baseball field, remove the whole dam sport.

kastofsna120 said:
i don't see why people are against domes so much

It's a sterile, boring environment which takes many elements out of the game.

Some of the best games in history are known because they were played in the elements.

It takes elements of home field advantage away from teams.

Teams making adjustments to the elements make for very interesting contests.

Weather Elements add variety and consequently more interest.

South Florida is known for it's tropical, outdoor lifestyle which would take away from the whole S. FL. experience.

A dome just dosen't make sense down here or anywhere IMO.

Trekbiz said:
It's a sterile, boring environment which takes many elements out of the game.

Some of the best games in history are known because they were played in the elements.

It takes elements of home field advantage away from teams.

Teams making adjustments to the elements make for very interesting contests.

Weather Elements add variety and consequently more interest.

South Florida is known for it's tropical, outdoor lifestyle which would take away from the whole S. FL. experience.

A dome just dosen't make sense down here or anywhere IMO.
i don't see how a dome is boring. it's MUCH louder in a dome with full capacity. that's a HUGE home field advantage. having ONLY open-roof stadiums is REALLY boring. there needs to be diversity. and saying domes don't make sense ANYWHERE is absurd

A dome in Miami would ruin the home field advantage that is the heat. I don't blame people for not wanting a dome. But KuD nailed this one on the head, for those of you who didn't read/ignored my previous post. It's not as easy as just leaving. If it was, it would have been done a long time ago.

kastofsna120 said:
i don't see how a dome is boring. it's MUCH louder in a dome with full capacity. that's a HUGE home field advantage. having ONLY open-roof stadiums is REALLY boring. there needs to be diversity. and saying domes don't make sense ANYWHERE is absurd

I think that you will find that there are "dome people" and "anti-dome people," and very little in between. Just depends what you grew up with and what parts of the game appeal to you. I am definitely in the anti-dome camp, not that I can't understand what some people like about them.

But the "Fog Bowl:) ," snow angels in the endzone in Dallas:lol: , heck even the dern ex-con snowplow fieldgoal in New England:yell: . These are all special memories (and there are many more) that make those games stand out over time. Would anyone remember any of those games had they been played in covered domes? I think not.

Excuses, excuses...

Like Mr. Saban said on his radio show, we should use things like this to our advantage. Mare has kicked off that for how long before that field goal? Huizenga nixed them from leaving. He testified before Florida's State Congress that he never said he wanted to the Marlins to leave. He is saying that now because he is building that mega-plex, and sees all the extra money his little city can be making. He has done everything to get them out of there. (No louder message can be sent that renaming the stadium to Dolphins Stadium! Also, the teams both share a tealish color, but the seats are all orange.) Now, we have a chance to get a stadium because of the ridiculous rent the Marlins pay, and Huizenga goes before our congress and says its ok if they stay. GRR!

P.S. Pardon my more than likely misspelling of Huizenga

popularwar said:
Sure, let's ignore a legal binding contract and kick out the two-time world series winners so a kicker can have one less excuse to miss a field goal. :rolleyes:
:yeahthat:
Even though you were being sarcastic ... I actually agree with the statement

islandah said:
I think that you will find that there are "dome people" and "anti-dome people," and very little in between. Just depends what you grew up with and what parts of the game appeal to you. I am definitely in the anti-dome camp, not that I can't understand what some people like about them.

But the "Fog Bowl:) ," snow angels in the endzone in Dallas:lol: , heck even the dern ex-con snowplow fieldgoal in New England:yell: . These are all special memories (and there are many more) that make those games stand out over time. Would anyone remember any of those games had they been played in covered domes? I think not.
i like football, i don't care where it's played

I live in Colorado and I see how nice the turf looks at Invesco Field at Mile High....looks like a golf course green and then you see the dirt and condition of the turf at Dolphins stadium and it is sad. Marlins have to go....I would even play our first few home games at the Orange Bowl until the Marlins leave each year, but hey Wayne you own the stadium....tell the Marlins to get out. :mad:

Predaphin said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm almost there with you on that sentiment! Ever since the league juiced up the baseballs so an a-hole like Barry Bonds could break one of the most hallowed records of all time, for the sake of gaining more fan attention by creating higher scoring ball games, I haven't cared for the game as much as before. It hasn't helped that my Reds have not been in contention but even so, the game just doesn't hold the same appeal as before...You know, before the league started juicing up the baseball and allowing the juicing up of players to simply manipulate scoring, regardless of how it effected the hallowed records of the past...Screw em'...And to not have Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame by now is just freaking ridiculous! :fire: Phew! Sorry...just had to get that little rant off my chest. Ok, back to Football! :shout:

CsonkaClone said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm almost there with you on that sentiment! Ever since the league juiced up the baseballs so an a-hole like Barry Bonds could break one of the most hallowed records of all time, for the sake of gaining more fan attention by creating higher scoring ball games, I haven't cared for the game as much as before. It hasn't helped that my Reds have not been in contention but even so, the game just doesn't hold the same appeal as before...You know, before the league started juicing up the baseball and allowing the juicing up of players to simply manipulate scoring, regardless of how it effected the hallowed records of the past...Screw em'...And to not have Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame by now is just freaking ridiculous! :fire: Phew! Sorry...just had to get that little rant off my chest. Ok, back to Football! :shout:

I'm with ya, brother. Baseball fell off the map for me years ago. A great example of how not to run a sport!

If I want to see baseball now, especially with my kids, I prefer the local minor league games. No big names, but closer to the purity of the game, more accessible and much more enjoyable atmosphere. Not to mention they're not playing in a football stadium!

Predaphin said:

I disagree, it's not REALLY a sport. More like a place where people who weren't good enough to participate in a real sport can actually make a career.

kastofsna120 said:

Well call me absurd and proud.
I don't feel football is a game to be played indoors ever.
Overcoming the elements are part of what makes football so interesting. It keeps it a tough guy sport.

Back
Top Bottom