Time to face facts... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to face facts...

Lawrence

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As a season ticket holder, and longtime Dolfan, it irks me to see the way some fans try to distinguish themselves from the others by calling themselves "true fans" simply because they are willing to let themselves be led blindly down the path of mediocrity by this current Dolphin regime. You know exactly who i am talking about: the radio callers actually thinking Ricky leaving was a blessing in disguise, or the ones who are full of hatred against local sports columnists in this town for being too negative, because it is too tough for them to swallow the truth with their Cheerio's. There are even some in this forum who are quick to label you a non-fan, or even question your knowledge of the game because you questio the team. The fact of the matter is, is that these folks are emotionally immature. Let me use this analogy: a small child has unconditional love and faith in his mother, no matter what. Mom could be a carreer criminal or whatever, but to the child, Mom is infallible. This is the mentality of these so called "true fans." And this is precisely why mediocrity has become acceptable to this administration. Most of these fans are so busy bubbling over "we haven't been under 500 in a million years," they haven't noticed the championship-less years passing us by. It doesn't matter that the Ravens, Patriots and even the Panthers have made significant gains from where they were years back, while this team stays mired in the middle. Mention any of this to these "true fans," and they are quick to label you as ignorant, a traitor or worse. In reality the true Dolfan is the one who supports the team unconditionally, but still has the emotional maturity to be able and question the direction of the team. Some of you just need to grow up

How about the fans that actually wait for the dolphins to actually fail before going off their rockers?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
How about the fans that actually wait for the dolphins to actually fail before going off their rockers?

You're driving in your car across a bridge.. down the road you see a section of the bridge missing.. do you

A) stop the car and look for a better route
b) continue driving knowing the powers to be will fix the bridge before you fall into the water?

Lawrence said:
And you are someone who can't discuss things based on merit, but only on emotion.
and you're someone who cant recognize a sarcastic joke when he sees one.

Lawrence said:
As a season ticket holder, and longtime Dolfan, it irks me to see the way some fans try to distinguish themselves from the others by calling themselves "true fans" simply because they are willing to let themselves be led blindly down the path of mediocrity by this current Dolphin regime. You know exactly who i am talking about: the radio callers actually thinking Ricky leaving was a blessing in disguise, or the ones who are full of hatred against local sports columnists in this town for being too negative, because it is too tough for them to swallow the truth with their Cheerio's. There are even some in this forum who are quick to label you a non-fan, or even question your knowledge of the game because you questio the team. The fact of the matter is, is that these folks are emotionally immature. Let me use this analogy: a small child has unconditional love and faith in his mother, no matter what. Mom could be a carreer criminal or whatever, but to the child, Mom is infallible. This is the mentality of these so called "true fans." And this is precisely why mediocrity has become acceptable to this administration. Most of these fans are so busy bubbling over "we haven't been under 500 in a million years," they haven't noticed the championship-less years passing us by. It doesn't matter that the Ravens, Patriots and even the Panthers have made significant gains from where they were years back, while this team stays mired in the middle. Mention any of this to these "true fans," and they are quick to label you as ignorant, a traitor or worse. In reality the true Dolfan is the one who supports the team unconditionally, but still has the emotional maturity to be able and question the direction of the team. Some of you just need to grow up
:confused: Who asked you College Professor?

This is a brilliant post. It represents what I, and many have been saying on here. Not only are there blind people calling themselves the "real fans" they are very agressive toward anyone who feels otherwise.

"Wait for the Dolphins to fail?" what do you call the last two years? And now we have LESS talent. This team has blown the offseason and now it is showing up.

I applaud Lawrence. I think the key point is that he is a long time Fin fan, as am I. We know what the Fins were for decades prior to JJ and Wanny. This is the worst run this franchise has ever been. On the field and in the Front Office.

We can only hope that after this year that Wayne grows enough nuggets to make the sweeping changes that should have been done this past off season.

Jeep said:
You're driving in your car across a bridge.. down the road you see a section of the bridge missing.. do you

A) stop the car and look for a better route
b) continue driving knowing the powers to be will fix the bridge before you fall into the water?

your analogy would work if it wasn't for two flaws.

Flaw number 1. There is nothing you can do about the Dolphins. You are powerless. You can actually not drive the car over the bridge.

Flaw number 2. The bridge would actually have to be broken and then fixed for your analogy to work. Most people drive over the bridge hoping that the fixes are done correctly. Not very many people actually look for a better right because it would take longer. It is not known that the Dolphins are broken. Until the season actually starts it is all opinion.

fin-atic said:
This is a brilliant post. It represents what I, and many have been saying on here. Not only are there blind people calling themselves the "real fans" they are very agressive toward anyone who feels otherwise.

"Wait for the Dolphins to fail?" what do you call the last two years? And now we have LESS talent. This team has blown the offseason and now it is showing up.

I applaud Lawrence. I think the key point is that he is a long time Fin fan, as am I. We know what the Fins were for decades prior to JJ and Wanny. This is the worst run this franchise has ever been. On the field and in the Front Office.

We can only hope that after this year that Wayne grows enough nuggets to make the sweeping changes that should have been done this past off season.

How much do you love yourself?

fin-atic said:

I dont care what people think about who is a fan or whatever. just make a point instead of badmouthing everything everyone does cus your a crybaby awho wants your crybaby ways.

Back
Top Bottom