Time to face facts... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to face facts...

Lawrence sorry you cant handle the responses and criticism, maybe you should tell your therapist. LMAO! Do you actually believ you are smarter than everyone else or is just the way you come off? I aint blindly led by noone, certainly not you. sorry i dont look to you for guidance. reread your post and see how condescending it is. I am not discouraging your opinion, I was debating it, but you act like I cant disagree. I never nor did i see were anyone said you were not a true fan, just that you seem to be jumping the gun.

When and if all RS moves fail, then you can see told ya so, but if they pan out, what will you say then? Pessimism vs optimism, think about it. it is not blind faith, it is called giving it a chance before condeming. Booker has nioce stats, he has shown to be a tough receiver, so yep I like it. Some nioce picks have come from the third round. So getting an extra pick on the first day was good as well, yeah I would have like a second, but could we have gotten it? how do you know? were the bears offering Tait who they just signed or Kreuitz? nope. Were we gonna cave on the 15 mil bonus? why? we havent all offseason. instead of whining what were teh other options?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
your analogy would work if it wasn't for two flaws.

Flaw number 1. There is nothing you can do about the Dolphins. You are powerless. You can actually not drive the car over the bridge.

Flaw number 2. The bridge would actually have to be broken and then fixed for your analogy to work. Most people drive over the bridge hoping that the fixes are done correctly. Not very many people actually look for a better right because it would take longer. It is not known that the Dolphins are broken. Until the season actually starts it is all opinion.

Dude where have you been the last four years? Did you miss the blowout playoff losses followed by two years missing the playoffs?

What is your definition of "failing" or "trouble"?

fin-atic said:
Dude where have you been the last four years? Did you miss the blowout playoff losses followed by two years missing the playoffs?

What is your definition of "failing" or "trouble"?

I don't care about the last four years. You can live in the past all you want.

Look at these repsonses...

This is the homer army fully mobilized and in attack mode. The guy is right. And yo guys are all over him. Right now the facts are on his side not yours.

Fact: Playoffs missed two years in a row.
Fact: Less talent now than before
Fact: Team looks HORRIBLE in two preseason games. No running game, QBs ineffective.

The defense rests.

Jeep said:
You're driving in your car across a bridge.. down the road you see a section of the bridge missing.. do you

A) stop the car and look for a better route
b) continue driving knowing the powers to be will fix the bridge before you fall into the water?

If I know Dupree, you've got a smart answer comming Jeep. But your analogy is clever. And Lawrance where are you getting this mediocraty thing from? In the last 15 years Miami hasn't advanced to the AFC Championship game and I believe 9 teams in the AFC have. That makes Miami in the bottom half of the AFC which makes puts them in the bottom quarter of the NFL.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I don't care about the last four years. You can live in the past all you want.
Then tell me what has happened to change the future?

C'mon lets hear some hard facts of why we are better now?

So to be a true fan you have to disagree with every moveand call those that like it stupid and blind to be a true fan? hmmmmm.....ok i am not a true fan I guess, wow that suks. Ok Rick, Signing CC was horrid what were you thinking? will poole could actually be the dumbest pick in history, Boston OMG that was bad. Actually listening to experts and researching Feeley was incredibly stupid, you should just listen to every pessimist on the finheaven boards, what a dumbazz RS is. That better, am i a true fan now? Or are you guys just beyond reproach, we should just accept you posts as gospel?

rickeyrunsover said:
So to be a true fan you have to disagree with every moveand call those that like it stupid and blind to be a true fan? hmmmmm.....ok i am not a true fan I guess, wow that suks. Ok Rick, Signing CC was horrid what were you thinking? will poole could actually be the dumbest pick in history, Boston OMG that was bad. Actually listening to experts and researching Feeley was incredibly stupid, you should just listen to every pessimist on the finheaven boards, what a dumbazz RS is. That better, am i a true fan now? Or are you guys just beyond reproach, we should just accept you posts as gospel?

Gee, thats the only option you can come up with?

Let me help:

1. Fire the crappy coach
2. Hire a REAL proven NFL GM
3. Draft positons of need WR and QB were needs all along and now the lack of depth is hurting us. Will Poole great! How bad did we need a dime Corner?
4. Aquire some Free agent talent that could help: Garcia, Collins, Woody, Tait. Obviously we could not have gotten aall of them, but here we sit $6M under the cap. What are we saving for?
5. Use OGun to get a RB which we need most. Fargas? Bennett? Who else?
6. Fiedler cut

I think you can be true fans regardless of your approval of the teams move. But the attack you homers make are ridiculous and abusive. Like I said the facts are on this side. Until this team shows it can aquire impact talent and get to another level, you will always be wrong.

finfan54 said:
I dont care what people think about who is a fan or whatever. just make a point instead of badmouthing everything everyone does cus your a crybaby awho wants your crybaby ways.
THANK YOU finfan.

That was the best thing said in the whole post.

Everyone is entitled to what they think is a "true fan", but just because they do not agree with what your (not singling out, just generic) opinion of a true fan is you have to bash them? If anything that sounds childish.

fin-atic said:
Then tell me what has happened to change the future?

C'mon lets hear some hard facts of why we are better now?

I have had this conversation with you before. However both of us have no idea what is going to happen this coming season. We both do not know how the line will gel. We both do not know if Feeley can step it up, or if Fiedler can play his first injury free year. We both do not know if Travis Minor can handle the starting runningback. Plus both of us do not know if the defense can stop those third downs that they were not able to stop last year with the new talent on the team. We both do not know how Pope will do in those two games Zach Thomas will miss. We do not know.

Both of us have a few choices on how to look on the season. Either ***** about everything and whine and cry and look down upon the season. Have a wait or see attitude. Last but not least be totally pumped and think nothing is wrong.

Myself I choose to look at this season with a waith and see attittude. I like the changes on the line. I like the changes in the secondary. For the first time in a long time I feel good about the linebacker depth. Defensive line depth looks good as well. I like the changes in wide reciever.

The only part I see worse then last year is the runningback.

It is what it is. You can "doom and gloom" it or "homer" it up. Just depends on what kind angle you take. I am typically not a "homer" fan as I was in my youth, but I also don't ooze negativity at every turn either.

It's your right to complain and/or blindly praise the situation. This was one man's opinion and should be taken that way. Let's move on.

Lawrence said:
As a season ticket holder, and longtime Dolfan, it irks me to see the way some fans try to distinguish themselves from the others by calling themselves "true fans" simply because they are willing to let themselves be led blindly down the path of mediocrity by this current Dolphin regime. You know exactly who i am talking about: the radio callers actually thinking Ricky leaving was a blessing in disguise, or the ones who are full of hatred against local sports columnists in this town for being too negative, because it is too tough for them to swallow the truth with their Cheerio's. There are even some in this forum who are quick to label you a non-fan, or even question your knowledge of the game because you questio the team. The fact of the matter is, is that these folks are emotionally immature. Let me use this analogy: a small child has unconditional love and faith in his mother, no matter what. Mom could be a carreer criminal or whatever, but to the child, Mom is infallible. This is the mentality of these so called "true fans." And this is precisely why mediocrity has become acceptable to this administration. Most of these fans are so busy bubbling over "we haven't been under 500 in a million years," they haven't noticed the championship-less years passing us by. It doesn't matter that the Ravens, Patriots and even the Panthers have made significant gains from where they were years back, while this team stays mired in the middle. Mention any of this to these "true fans," and they are quick to label you as ignorant, a traitor or worse. In reality the true Dolfan is the one who supports the team unconditionally, but still has the emotional maturity to be able and question the direction of the team. Some of you just need to grow up

No, some people need to stop trying to be "mr. know it alls" and predicting doom and gloom before the season has started. The last time I checked, September comes after August....the team has yet to play a down this season.

fin-atic said:
Look at these repsonses...

This is the homer army fully mobilized and in attack mode. The guy is right. And yo guys are all over him. Right now the facts are on his side not yours.

Fact: Playoffs missed two years in a row.
Fact: Less talent now than before
Fact: Team looks HORRIBLE in two preseason games. No running game, QBs ineffective.

The defense rests.

And the defense gets embarrased.

So how is RS fault? 2 missed playoffs? what was said a s the reason we missed the polayoffs? were those concerns addressed, forget who they got were teh needs addressed? So if they address it in a way that you wouldnt have, they are stupid? That sounds stupid!

Hmmmm. less talent? where? rb sure, but RW retiring aint RS fault, back that up with facts not your opinion. WR booker > than DT, Boston > DT or mcknight, aint RS fault he got hurt. Newson was looking good, looked good in NFLE. o-line is going thru adjustments but was revamped, hinalproduct aint done, so prove they will suk w/o using opinion, can you? cause that is how you phrase everthing, just look at quotes.

2 preseason games, yep that proves it, you win? oookkkkkkk! we won against JAX, qbs looked alright, receivers looked decent. Wsh gameplanned, we didnt. did you see that 22 guys sat out hurt, or that dont matter? yes They could have looked better and were disappointing saturday. preseason aint over. wiat til we gameplan and start to actually scheme. Griese said it best, come out of Wash game healthy, that was main concern. Yes I am concerned with shuffling along line, but I will wait and see how it plays out.

How is RS responsible for Ricky? How are we less talented, just because we lost Wale? we lost boston, but got Booker, and we got Freeman who will get more comfortable so wr more talented. Rb yes like I said but how RS fault again? DE? somewhat, but absolutely no faith in D-Bo or Jay WIlliams? why? not saying they willbe as good as Wale I dont think the will, but if D-Bo can get 8-10 sacks, that is good production. Many were hign on him 3 years ago, why does he suk now?

Again you r defense rested on circumstial and unresolved evidence.

Back
Top Bottom