Time to face facts... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to face facts...

:cooldude: Was all this really neccessay?

The true fans were the ones booing the team in a pre-season game after everything that's happened to them this year right?
You guys that do this make me sick to my stomach. Is that your definition of a true fan, because I get the feeling you were one of them.:shakeno:

Lawrence,
The fact is, as rickyrunsover stated, is your a pessimist. Always thinking the glass is half empty or the season is over before it has even started. Even if we were to make it to the playoffs, you would still be disgruntled because that's your nature. Nothing makes you happier than promoting negativity, and you do an excellent job. If you think you can do better, than give your resume to Wayne H. and apply for GM or HC.

Lawrence said:
As a season ticket holder, and longtime Dolfan, it irks me to see the way some fans try to distinguish themselves from the others by calling themselves "true fans" simply because they are willing to let themselves be led blindly down the path of mediocrity by this current Dolphin regime. You know exactly who i am talking about: the radio callers actually thinking Ricky leaving was a blessing in disguise, or the ones who are full of hatred against local sports columnists in this town for being too negative, because it is too tough for them to swallow the truth with their Cheerio's. There are even some in this forum who are quick to label you a non-fan, or even question your knowledge of the game because you questio the team. The fact of the matter is, is that these folks are emotionally immature. Let me use this analogy: a small child has unconditional love and faith in his mother, no matter what. Mom could be a carreer criminal or whatever, but to the child, Mom is infallible. This is the mentality of these so called "true fans." And this is precisely why mediocrity has become acceptable to this administration. Most of these fans are so busy bubbling over "we haven't been under 500 in a million years," they haven't noticed the championship-less years passing us by. It doesn't matter that the Ravens, Patriots and even the Panthers have made significant gains from where they were years back, while this team stays mired in the middle. Mention any of this to these "true fans," and they are quick to label you as ignorant, a traitor or worse. In reality the true Dolfan is the one who supports the team unconditionally, but still has the emotional maturity to be able and question the direction of the team. Some of you just need to grow up

Lighten up. I have to wonder why you aren't a GM in the league. You clearly are an expert, as you can predict failure 2 wks. into preseason. As for me, the Dolphins are a great distraction from the real world, and nothing to get too negative about, especially before the season even starts. I will always remain positive until the facts have played out.

longtime is misleading........I too have been a dolphin fan longer than you have been alive my friend.

fin-atic said:
Look at these repsonses...

This is the homer army fully mobilized and in attack mode. The guy is right. And yo guys are all over him. Right now the facts are on his side not yours.

Fact: Playoffs missed two years in a row.
Fact: Less talent now than before
Fact: Team looks HORRIBLE in two preseason games. No running game, QBs ineffective.

The defense rests.

well as long as your resting, ill say the booker trade is a great move! big speed WR that can take it to the house! all for about 11 million less! and a third round pick that we are not done with yet!

quit tring to anolize the team be a fan and enjoy the team you are a fan of love them or find another team just relax brother it's football season and every team has a shot so were the underdog i love it and i love the dolphins chances

dj911 said:
quit tring to anolize the team be a fan and enjoy the team you are a fan of love them or find another team just relax brother it's football season and every team has a shot so were the underdog i love it and i love the dolphins chances
:shakeno: I'm just happy to watch em play. That's good!!:cooldude:

fin-atic said:
Gee, thats the only option you can come up with?

Let me help:

1. Fire the crappy coach
2. Hire a REAL proven NFL GM
3. Draft positons of need WR and QB were needs all along and now the lack of depth is hurting us. Will Poole great! How bad did we need a dime Corner?
4. Aquire some Free agent talent that could help: Garcia, Collins, Woody, Tait. Obviously we could not have gotten aall of them, but here we sit $6M under the cap. What are we saving for?
5. Use OGun to get a RB which we need most. Fargas? Bennett? Who else?
6. Fiedler cut

I think you can be true fans regardless of your approval of the teams move. But the attack you homers make are ridiculous and abusive. Like I said the facts are on this side. Until this team shows it can aquire impact talent and get to another level, you will always be wrong.

Ok draft wr? who was there at 19 worth the 19 pick? we got Boston in a trade and needed o-line, we got help in the draft. Carey is slightly disappointing, but St cLair is impressing. Hadnot is being praised all over. Who in the third rd was better than what we had? And why is your opinion more valid to the phins than the GMs? Hopw do you know for FACT your moves would slove all problems?

Qbs - all 3 so called sure things were gone. You know the ones you clamored for before the draft, yep RS would have been smart waiting on one of teh three to fall. Losman? yeah I saw you mention him after the draft, after the draft and you saw that all you rhguys were gone as some of said they would. Losman would not be ready this year anyway, so when at the time we felt we would contend this year, how was he an upgrade for this year? How do you know for fact Feeley will bust? You want facts, I dont have any, DO YOU? No you dont cause you cant see the future you only have your beliefs or in other words your opinion.

Lets clarify, I am as coincerned as anyone and dont think we will make teh playoffs. That doesnt mnean I blame RS. I beleive as you do Wanny should have been fired, but he wasnt. They say it is because Wayne didnt know whethger it was due coaching or personnel why we failed, so he stripped personel from wanny. Hopefully all this doesnt give Wanny a free ride. But I like the approach RS took. hopefully it pans out. not every move will, noones does. success hides mistakes. So before you say I am lead blindly you are wrong to say they didnt adress needs I say they addressed them just not seeking your advice, so you disagree cause it is diff than what you have done. I say they addressed teh needs, whether thay pan out, that is what I am waiting to find out when teh season is played.

rickeyrunsover said:
And the defense gets embarrased.

So how is RS fault? 2 missed playoffs? what was said a s the reason we missed the polayoffs? were those concerns addressed, forget who they got were teh needs addressed? So if they address it in a way that you wouldnt have, they are stupid? That sounds stupid!

Hmmmm. less talent? where? rb sure, but RW retiring aint RS fault, back that up with facts not your opinion. WR booker > than DT, Boston > DT or mcknight, aint RS fault he got hurt. Newson was looking good, looked good in NFLE. o-line is going thru adjustments but was revamped, hinalproduct aint done, so prove they will suk w/o using opinion, can you? cause that is how you phrase everthing, just look at quotes.

2 preseason games, yep that proves it, you win? oookkkkkkk! we won against JAX, qbs looked alright, receivers looked decent. Wsh gameplanned, we didnt. did you see that 22 guys sat out hurt, or that dont matter? yes They could have looked better and were disappointing saturday. preseason aint over. wiat til we gameplan and start to actually scheme. Griese said it best, come out of Wash game healthy, that was main concern. Yes I am concerned with shuffling along line, but I will wait and see how it plays out.

How is RS responsible for Ricky? How are we less talented, just because we lost Wale? we lost boston, but got Booker, and we got Freeman who will get more comfortable so wr more talented. Rb yes like I said but how RS fault again? DE? somewhat, but absolutely no faith in D-Bo or Jay WIlliams? why? not saying they willbe as good as Wale I dont think the will, but if D-Bo can get 8-10 sacks, that is good production. Many were hign on him 3 years ago, why does he suk now?

Again you r defense rested on circumstial and unresolved evidence.

I will galdly explain:

Rick Speilman although took over complete control this year, he has been in charge of scouting and talent. Wanny had final say, but Speilman did the work. There is no proof of all the draft picks Speilman wanted that Wanny supposedly vetoed. So Speilman is in good part responsible for th etalen for the last few years. Druing that tiem the OLine has been a huge need. He/they have still yet to resolve and fix, this despite the fact that each year several big time lineman hit free agency. Rickys is to blame for Ricky. Believe him or not, he cites the teams inability to get better as a contirbuting factor to his decsion. But Ricky is Ricky's fault. You decide what is true there and not.
We have not obtained any impact talent on Offense. You referencing Freeman and Booker is just as much speculation. They have yet to play a down for us. Freeman is old and we do not know what he will be. Booker, who knows. Darrius Thompson had a solid stats the year before we got him also.

Preseason we beat Jacksonville, a team we handled in the regular season last year when we still did not go to the playoffs. We did not look good doing it. If it was for Russells late run the offense would have been anemic.

As far as the playoffs go, that is a matter of fact. We had one of the lowest ranked passing offenses in the league. We did not get a better QB, we did not fix the OLine, and we did not get quality depth at our skill positons (WR and RB).

Like I said the record for the last four years is the biggest fact there is. And that is all Wanny and Speilman.

PS
Ricky? We missed the playoffs for two years WITH Ricky, so that proves the rest of the team is nto good enough. Therefore your argument here is irrelevant.

rickeyrunsover said:
So to be a true fan you have to disagree with every moveand call those that like it stupid and blind to be a true fan? hmmmmm.....ok i am not a true fan I guess, wow that suks. Ok Rick, Signing CC was horrid what were you thinking? will poole could actually be the dumbest pick in history, Boston OMG that was bad. Actually listening to experts and researching Feeley was incredibly stupid, you should just listen to every pessimist on the finheaven boards, what a dumbazz RS is. That better, am i a true fan now? Or are you guys just beyond reproach, we should just accept you posts as gospel?
If you would have actually read my post, you would see that at no point do I suggest to disagree with every move, I am merely saying that you have to be objectionable. And if you really wanted to look at the facts, you would see that the end of last year was a failure, and that this off season has not exactly fixed most, if any, of the needs from last year. That is the reality. You can hide behind all of the sarcasm you want, I let the facts speak.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Both of us have a few choices on how to look on the season. Either ***** about everything and whine and cry and look down upon the season. Have a wait or see attitude. Last but not least be totally pumped and think nothing is wrong.

Myself I choose to look at this season with a waith and see attittude.

I think I'm in the totally pumped, nothing is wrong catagory. :lol:

Naw but seriously, I feel the love in this thread. Way to come together when our team is hurting Dolfans. :D

fin-atic said:
I will galdly explain:

Rick Speilman although took over complete control this year, he has been in charge of scouting and talent. Wanny had final say, but Speilman did the work. There is no proof of all the draft picks Speilman wanted that Wanny supposedly vetoed. So Speilman is in good part responsible for th etalen for the last few years. Druing that tiem the OLine has been a huge need. He/they have still yet to resolve and fix, this despite the fact that each year several big time lineman hit free agency. Rickys is to blame for Ricky. Believe him or not, he cites the teams inability to get better as a contirbuting factor to his decsion. But Ricky is Ricky's fault. You decide what is true there and not.
We have not obtained any impact talent on Offense. You referencing Freeman and Booker is just as much speculation. They have yet to play a down for us. Freeman is old and we do not know what he will be. Booker, who knows. Darrius Thompson had a solid stats the year before we got him also.

Preseason we beat Jacksonville, a team we handled in the regular season last year when we still did not go to the playoffs. We did not look good doing it. If it was for Russells late run the offense would have been anemic.

As far as the playoffs go, that is a matter of fact. We had one of the lowest ranked passing offenses in the league. We did not get a better QB, we did not fix the OLine, and we did not get quality depth at our skill positons (WR and RB).

Like I said the record for the last four years is the biggest fact there is. And that is all Wanny and Speilman.

PS
Ricky? We missed the playoffs for two years WITH Ricky, so that proves the rest of the team is nto good enough. Therefore your argument here is irrelevant.
:roflmao: So now you're deciding who's arguments are revelant?
Who is this guy?

fin-atic said:
Look at these repsonses...

This is the homer army fully mobilized and in attack mode. The guy is right. And yo guys are all over him. Right now the facts are on his side not yours.

Fact: Playoffs missed two years in a row.

Agree

fin-atic said:
Fact: Less talent now than before

Pure opinion

Fact: Team looks HORRIBLE in two preseason games. No running game, QBs ineffective.[/QUOTE]

Partially agree. The QBs were effective in the first game. Its also not relevant, otherwise you'd be claiming that the Patriots are worse off than we are.

fin-atic said:
The defense rests.

If only that were true......

BTW, you're not the defense, you're the prosecution.

Dolphinizzle said:
I think I'm in the totally pumped, nothing is wrong catagory. :lol:

Naw but seriously, I feel the love in this thread. Way to come together when our team is hurting Dolfans. :D
Just like booing them in a pre-season game after everything that's happened:fire: to the team. It's a damn shame, you know?

Back
Top Bottom