Time to face facts... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to face facts...

Check out this link...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7603874

But take a closer look, and it seems clear that the Bears came out on top in the deal -- by a lot.

"Ogunleye is a premier talent. Not only does he rush the passer as well as anyone in the league, he also does an excellent job of stopping the run. The Dolphins obviously recognized he had far surpassed the contract to which they signed him as an undrafted free agent in 2000, and through the stormiest offseason and preseason in their history, they tried to do something about it. With a player of that caliber still in the early stages of his career, that made perfect sense. "

Lawrence said:
As a season ticket holder, and longtime Dolfan, it irks me to see the way some fans try to distinguish themselves from the others by calling themselves "true fans" simply because they are willing to let themselves be led blindly down the path of mediocrity by this current Dolphin regime. You know exactly who i am talking about: the radio callers actually thinking Ricky leaving was a blessing in disguise, or the ones who are full of hatred against local sports columnists in this town for being too negative, because it is too tough for them to swallow the truth with their Cheerio's. There are even some in this forum who are quick to label you a non-fan, or even question your knowledge of the game because you questio the team. The fact of the matter is, is that these folks are emotionally immature. Let me use this analogy: a small child has unconditional love and faith in his mother, no matter what. Mom could be a carreer criminal or whatever, but to the child, Mom is infallible. This is the mentality of these so called "true fans." And this is precisely why mediocrity has become acceptable to this administration. Most of these fans are so busy bubbling over "we haven't been under 500 in a million years," they haven't noticed the championship-less years passing us by. It doesn't matter that the Ravens, Patriots and even the Panthers have made significant gains from where they were years back, while this team stays mired in the middle. Mention any of this to these "true fans," and they are quick to label you as ignorant, a traitor or worse. In reality the true Dolfan is the one who supports the team unconditionally, but still has the emotional maturity to be able and question the direction of the team. Some of you just need to grow up

TRUE!!!!

I too think the Dolphins are in a REBUILDING PHASE......THAT SUCKS!!!

But hell when was the last time they did!!! It still is fun to watch the Phins play DEFENSE. I just hope that the DRAFT & FREE AGENTS treat the PHINS good next season!!!

Dolphanaholic said:
I wonder what is more embarrasing ? Being a Miami Dolphin fan in 2004 or reading the posts from Lawrence and Rickyrunsover?

My guess would be reading your post!! Let me guess you think the PHINS will go undeafted and win the SB with a shutout!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

The Phins will have to play GREAT ball to finish the season 8-8!!! :cry:

I HOPE I AM WRONG!!! :eek:

BringBackShula said:
Yes...but if they haven't done a good job addressing those issues, es "el kulo del perro"...It's the same as not addressing them or retaining last year's guys. Many analysts have said that they haven't addressed it effectively enough.

See this where you make no sense to me. No it is not the same. I f you address it you address it, if you don not adress it well then you will fail in the long run. That has yet to be proven. It is also yet to be proven RS is done. He may get a rb in here before all is said an done. preseason dont mean squat, esp when were only going thru the motions. I am sorry if you are convinced, fine. I want to watch and see it transpire. I believe we may be better than expected and may have laid a foundation to build on. We have some verterans mixed with youth.

the analysts are also expressing opinions. Go back and find out there opinions of teh Panthers last year, teh rams of 99 and the Patriots of 2001 as examples or TB of 02. There are classic cases of analysts being wrong. there just as many cases where they are right, but by default sometimes.

You still dont get it, you believing they didnt address the weaknesses well enough is opinion. You cannot say it is fact they didnt address them at all. that is debateable which makes it opinion.

Lawrence said:
As a season ticket holder, and longtime Dolfan, it irks me to see the way some fans try to distinguish themselves from the others by calling themselves "true fans" simply because they are willing to let themselves be led blindly down the path of mediocrity by this current Dolphin regime. You know exactly who i am talking about: the radio callers actually thinking Ricky leaving was a blessing in disguise, or the ones who are full of hatred against local sports columnists in this town for being too negative, because it is too tough for them to swallow the truth with their Cheerio's. There are even some in this forum who are quick to label you a non-fan, or even question your knowledge of the game because you questio the team. The fact of the matter is, is that these folks are emotionally immature. Let me use this analogy: a small child has unconditional love and faith in his mother, no matter what. Mom could be a carreer criminal or whatever, but to the child, Mom is infallible. This is the mentality of these so called "true fans." And this is precisely why mediocrity has become acceptable to this administration. Most of these fans are so busy bubbling over "we haven't been under 500 in a million years," they haven't noticed the championship-less years passing us by. It doesn't matter that the Ravens, Patriots and even the Panthers have made significant gains from where they were years back, while this team stays mired in the middle. Mention any of this to these "true fans," and they are quick to label you as ignorant, a traitor or worse. In reality the true Dolfan is the one who supports the team unconditionally, but still has the emotional maturity to be able and question the direction of the team. Some of you just need to grow up
Whatever!!

Dolphanaholic said:
I wonder what is more embarrasing ? Being a Miami Dolphin fan in 2004 or reading the posts from Lawrence and Rickyrunsover?

Should I even address this? dont get involved or start being selfrighteous. I was responding to a thread which was ridiculous in the first place. Yeah I was in a sarcastic mood. Dont like it dont read it. Embarrased? Like I give a fuk

Sorry mods, but i was attacked first. Yes I agree my other posts in thius thread were a little harsh and very sarcastic, was trying to get a point across that wasnt getting thru with the sarcasm. I have quit, but this was offensive.

You weren't attacked you weenie! Kicked in the nuts from behind is attacked ! You need to relax ! I guess being called a weenie is sorta an attack if we were in 3rd grade. I was stating that I 'ME' found this thread and your response as a Miami fan to be embarrassing, which you obviously do not nothing more.

Have a better day !

Well, this thread entertained me for a little while! Thanks guys :D

I'm still hopefull though.. I think the FO did all they could to improve the areas that needed to be improved.

Of course, that's just what I think and are not facts. At this stage in the game, it's impossible to portray anything as fact because there are none! :cooldude:

fin-atic said:
This is a brilliant post. It represents what I, and many have been saying on here. Not only are there blind people calling themselves the "real fans" they are very agressive toward anyone who feels otherwise.

"Wait for the Dolphins to fail?" what do you call the last two years? And now we have LESS talent. This team has blown the offseason and now it is showing up.

I applaud Lawrence. I think the key point is that he is a long time Fin fan, as am I. We know what the Fins were for decades prior to JJ and Wanny. This is the worst run this franchise has ever been. On the field and in the Front Office.

We can only hope that after this year that Wayne grows enough nuggets to make the sweeping changes that should have been done this past off season.
Well said.We are Fans but it doesnt help the situation wearing rose tinted glasses:cooldude: .This team is in a downward spiral and its due to the accumulated effect of years of bad FO decisions:stooges: A change is needed and I dont mean a partial change where you fire just the coach.The GM has been intimately involved in most of those decisions whether as Chief Scout or GM.Remember RS didnt just pop up from nowhere .He has been with Dave from the Chicago Bears days.Do you honestly believe that he had nothing to do with the draft and trade busts that have been made?:shakeno:

We need a fresh start with a respected GM such as Pioli,Mueller others.It doesnt mean we have to rebuild completely but it does mean changing the dirrection of where this org.is going.:nate:

I for one would love to see the Dolphins make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl just like the next person, but I also don't want someone on my team that is concerned only about themselves and not the team (especially someone who comes out and says that they aren't trying as hard as they can) which can only do one thing for the offensive line, make them play worse than they are ALREADY capable of.....would you want to chance blowing out a knee blocking for a guy who tells you that while you're trying to do your job to the best of your ability, he's gonna slack off and not do his??

Dave Wannstedt and Rick Speilman are destroying this team. I don't blame the players they brought in. Dave is just not a coach who teaches and makes players better. He isn't mentaly strong. He took down chicago and know it appears he's taking down Our phins. It pisses me off.

Back
Top Bottom