Time to face facts... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to face facts...

Medieval954 said:
I like the part where people think they are an NFL GM (and are not) and think they can predict the future (they can't).
I agree, I also see many "True Fans" and "long time fans". We are all Dolphin fans, some a little more obsessed than others, but we are all passionate about our team, and we all love our team, or else why do we use up our time to post these threads on this website?

I played ball in HS, NCAA, and now I coach HS, I am still no expert and I wont tell someone else their opinion is wrong. Some like the FO, some don't, some of us think we are going to suck, some don't. That's just the way it is, we are all never going to agree. (maybe if we win the SB, just maybe we might all agree on something)

rickeyrunsover said:
Lmao! Denial first sign. I am not condescnding, I am sarcastic! learn the difference. Never said I had facts, I have my opinions. YOU are the one portraying opinions as facts. Face it you are diverting teh subject so as to avoid admitiing your "facts" are really opinion which is what I have taken issue with. when presented to you, you come back and say You are a child, you are blah blah. Yes you are entertaining because you are so transparent, I am enjoying this bantor since really neither is of any substance. I can discuss issues of substance and can respect those with differing opinions, see dphins4me, I disagree with him, but repect him, he can discuss, acknowledge a differing opinion and gives reaasons for his difference. You quite creatively bash those who disgree. How? by presenting opinions as fact. I full state my view is opinion. I have no FACTS as to how we will finish, since we havent played a game of meaning yet.your FACTS are merely facts from past seasons that form your opinion of this year, not actual facts.

Woah... a bit of subject..eh, guys??:confused:

Lawrence said:
Let me bring some sort of closure to this banter. The only thing I claimed as fact, is that the F O has not addressed all the things that went wrong last season. Everything else was my opinion. I respect your opinion and I apologize if you feel I have stepped on them, as that was not my intention. I hope in the future we can have more lively debate.
Sometimes you just are not able to address all the issues. We tried, and in my OPINION, we did ok. Nobody knew Ricky would retire and Boston would get hurt. I still believe David Boston is a great receiver. I don't care what anyone thinks. I like the guy, and I was happy when we got him, sad when he went down.

dreamz4fins said:
He is right about that.:cry: and I do have to agree, that they should have considered it a little more than they did. Sorry, but he's got you there man.

1999 ARZ 16 40 473
2000 ARZ 16 71 1,156
2001 ARZ 16 98 1,598
2002 ARZ 8 32 512
2003 SD 14 70 880

From 2002:

Pro Bowl wide receiver David Boston of the Arizona Cardinals has a partially torn tendon in his right knee and probably will undergo season-ending knee surgery.

From last year:

San Diego Chargers WR David Boston (heel) was shut down in Week 2 to give him more time to rest his ailing heel problems.

From this year:

Miami Dolphins wide receiver David Boston will miss the season after injuring a tendon in his left knee during practice on Friday

So he had a knee injury two years ago. Missed one game (in week 2) due to a sore heel last year. He finished the season without missing any more games.

The Fins were supposed to know he would injury his other knee?

Lawrence said:
Let me bring some sort of closure to this banter. The only thing I claimed as fact, is that the F O has not addressed all the things that went wrong last season. Everything else was my opinion. I respect your opinion and I apologize if you feel I have stepped on them, as that was not my intention. I hope in the future we can have more lively debate.

Cool I respect you have a right to your opinion. Again my last point and not debasing, you say it is fact that the FO has not addressed all the things that went wrong, well truely I may have missed teh facts that back that up. To me they did address those weaknesses. Whether they did well in addressing those weakness remains to be seen.

Lawrence said:

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Its ALL your OPINION!!!!!!!!

Please look up the word fact in the dictionary.

Passing your opinion off as fact is condescending!!!!!!!!

Lawrence said:
The only thing I claimed as fact, is that the F O has not addressed all the things that went wrong last season.

Major problems last year:

1 - OL
2 - 2nd WR
3 - QB

1 - brought in 6 new linemen
2 - brought in David Boston, then Marty Booker
3 - brought in AJ Feeley

Defense played well. Only minor adjustments needed. Would you also have made changes at RB, FB, #1 WR, and TE? There isn't anything left.

The only "fact" is that you don't agree with the changes they made.

rickeyrunsover said:
Cool I respect you have a right to your opinion. Again my last point and not debasing, you say it is fact that the FO has not addressed all the things that went wrong, well truely I may have missed teh facts that back that up. To me they did address those weaknesses. Whether they did well in addressing those weakness remains to be seen.
Yes...but if they haven't done a good job addressing those issues, es "el kulo del perro"...It's the same as not addressing them or retaining last year's guys. Many analysts have said that they haven't addressed it effectively enough.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Its ALL your OPINION!!!!!!!!

Please look up the word fact in the dictionary.

Passing your opinion off as fact is condescending!!!!!!!!
YES! YES! YES!

you condescending, opinion=fact fools.

hows that for condescending?:lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Major problems last year:

1 - OL
2 - 2nd WR
3 - QB

1 - brought in 6 new linemen
2 - brought in David Boston, then Marty Booker
3 - brought in AJ Feeley

Defense played well. Only minor adjustments needed. Would you also have made changes at RB, FB, #1 WR, and TE? There isn't anything left.

The only "fact" is that you don't agree with the changes they made.
Just cause they've brought in OTHER people, doesn't mean they took care of it!! 1-6 new linemen...-1(james) is good.
2nd WR-I agree..Boston was a heck of an upgrade!
3rd-QB-it's still unkown, but they brought in a guy who they weren't sure of and there's many questions about.

BringBackShula said:
Just cause they've brought in OTHER people, doesn't mean they took care of it!! 1-6 new linemen...-1(james) is good.
2nd WR-I agree..Boston was a heck of an upgrade!
3rd-QB-it's still unkown, but they brought in a guy who they weren't sure of and there's many questions about.

Whether the moves pan out is a different question. It is a fact that they addressed them. To not address them, they would have had to bring back last year's roster.

I'm okay with people saying that they don't think things will work out, but to state that it is a fact that things weren't addressed is wrong on two counts:

- it ignores reality
- it presumes an outcome.

In order for something to be a fact, you must be discussing something that has already happened.

Fact - Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed

Even if the poster turns out to be correct, it doesn't make it a fact at the time the claim was made. Many people have a hard time understanding what a fact is.

The only fact is that it's all opinions!!

I wonder what is more embarrasing ? Being a Miami Dolphin fan in 2004 or reading the posts from Lawrence and Rickyrunsover?

DrAstroZoom said:
See, this is just the type of thing I resent. Because I am not calling for the head of Wannstedt and Spielman, you have labeled me "not a real fan" and a "sheep."

That's ridiculous and uncalled for.

Doc it was sarcasim. We ARE ALL REAL FANS or we would not be "OD-ing" on this site everyday.

Sorry if it came off wrong.

Back
Top Bottom