Time to take a page from the book of Belichek..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to take a page from the book of Belichek.....

How about going the other way and getting another stellar pass rusher or two out there to help Wake out?

Miami could Win a Superbowl with a serious offensive line and two more serious pass rushers in addition to Wake and Jordan.

Miami needs to figure this out like yesterday please!

I disagree. Sacks arent the issue with this team. Stopping the run is.

I'm down for it..... next year. He's still productive and top 10 at his position even with an injury and down year. Perhaps next year IF Jordan excels.

Not a good idea.. We need this nucleus of players if we're going to do anything in the next 2 years... In about 3 years I say trade him for a 2nd round pick. Jordan and Vernon should be manning the ends at that point in time.

Given his age, this a point in time we would probably get the most for him. I don't expect the phins to win the Superbowl anytime soon, so I would try and get the most for him in terms of picks and players now to build on. It would be interesting to see what or new GM could get for him and what he would do with the return compensation if given the opportunity. At the end of the day this is a guy we picked up from the CFL. If this could translate into multiple top picks at this point, I would be pleased.

Not a good idea.. We need this nucleus of players if we're going to do anything in the next 2 years... In about 3 years I say trade him for a 2nd round pick. Jordan and Vernon should be manning the ends at that point in time.

Wake is 32 and just finished year 2 of a 4 year deal.
In 2 years we may let him walk or simply resign him for a finish in Miami type deal.

Our only chance would have been now, but it would be a politically unpopular move for a team that has had a string of PR failures.
No chance it happens.

If Hickey orchestrated a trade for a first round pick. It would be a master stroke IMO. Very Ballsy.

I agree with this, we should trade Wake now while his value is still high. Especially so, considering his age. Theres a good chance he could be on the downclimb of his career, after this year or maybe even this year. Trading him now could help us move into a top 5 spot in the draft for something nice (Jadeveon Clowney to just throw a name out there) if we can move Wake with our 19 spot in first round. Or we can stockpile maybe multiple 2nd round picks. Possibly even trade him for a dominant OL player.

P.S. As a Philadelphia Phillies fan, I wish we traded Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, and Jimmy Rollins for about 3 years now.... no point anymore because they have NO TRADE VALUE... We can move Wake for something big but if we dont, 2 years from now he will have just about no trade value considering his age.. Wakes career reminds me of James Harrisons' (who is on downside of his career right now and was released for nothing in exchange)..

I doubt Cam Wake is worth a 1st round pick or even a high 2nd round pick at this point in his career. He's just too old and Al Davis isn't around any more. I don't see any other team giving up that high a pick for a 30+ player who had injury issues this past season.

the fan base would turn very quick! Ross would not allow his PRO -BOWL DE PASS RUSHER - who draws a crowd and gets national spotlight get traded.
even at 31 or 32 or even 33 he is still in great football shape. he started late in his life to the NFL.
Wake has been a Fan favorite and NFL favorite, no way.
he should RETIRE a DOLPHIN!

Seymour immediately comes to mind. Matt Cassel and Ellis Hobbs too. I was also referring to how he always seems to stockpile picks somehow.....

Seymour was a replaceable interior lineman. Cassel was a backup QB. You don't trade ELITE edge rushers.

Back
Top Bottom