Timmons AWOL?? | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons AWOL??

I don't feel there is/was a problem whether mental or physically to regain earnest money from someone that could not perform a task, they were contractually signed to or hired to perform.

I hope he gets the help he needs from a fellow human being perspective, if it's something along the lines of a mental health issue.

From a football standpoint, move on if he's not an asset to the team. As for compassion in that regard, unlike most of life, football is a null sum situation. His signing ended the life long dream of some guy that busted his ass to try to make a roster. If his heart is no longer into it, someone else's will be.

That's classy. Dude likely had a mental breakdown of some sort and you're worried about financially hurting him.

I hope he gets the help he needs from a fellow human being perspective, if it's something along the lines of a mental health issue.

From a football standpoint, move on if he's not an asset to the team. As for compassion in that regard, unlike most of life, football is a null sum situation. His signing ended the life long dream of some guy that busted his *** to try to make a roster. If his heart is no longer into it, someone else's will be.

I agree and most of us do besides the humanitarian nonsense floating around here. Help should be granted but not solely paid for by another.

These guys get big money to play during Thanksgiving Christmas holidays birthdays births of their children.

This is nothing more than slinging **** at the wall and hoping it sticks. Even the writers says he has no idea what he is talking about it is a "wag".

I agree, but Gase's demeanor was not one of sympathy today which makes me think it's possible....... But seeing a doctor doesn't fit either.

What would Belichick do? That's got to be eating up Gase inside knowing full well Belichick would cut him in a heartbeat.
Let's let gase be gase. There's only one bb. If all anyone had to do was act cold and callous all the time to win championships then I'm sure philbin should be a super bowl winning coach any day now.

I'd agree with this. If Timmons simply made some mistakes in dealing with an unexpected situation, that's one thing, and it'd be to the team's benefit to try to work through it.

If it appears that Timmons acted in bad faith, though, you have to play hardball to protect yourself.

Even an unexpected situation shouldn't have resulted in this. You're paid to play more money in one year then people see in a lifetime. There really isn't an excuse

Give the money back go get help, period end of story.

My only issue right now ( we don't have the facts) is why didn't he call, leave a message or talk to one of his team mates. Something.. I don't have any mental disorders or know of anyone who does so maybe it just isnt on their mind. But if I have to miss work I need to call in or face the music.

I surely hope he and his family/friends are ok. But dude just call. Whether or not Gase agrees with you is irelvant just be man enough to call

My 2 cents.

Now let's kick some Jet a#$.

Last edited:
Here is what I think happened. Saturday night Timmons went out and hooked up with some stripper hoes and got coked up. He missed his curfew and instead of facing the music decideded it would be easier to go home. So don't worry about it! Everything is ok lol he will be back next week! :)

"Can't make it in, slipped in the shower" would have been epic.

If it was really health related, Gase had every opportunity to say something like we take care of our players blah blah blah to support him... Gase was pissed! And instead took shots at him... Timmons obviously did something stupid...

No cutting necessary yet. If he retires fine. Otherwise the procedure is to suspend him four games without pay and then reevaluate the situation. Then.....they may release him without payment of bonus money and get back some cap room and cash if the situation isn't resolved another way.

I doubt he has any real problems with the coaches or players but the business people who pull the strings do NOT like this type of thing. They will want to make an example out of him.

The NFL is a cut throat business. Do you think Belichick would give a crap about someone who has mental issues?! Whether people think it's cold or not, NFL coaches are paid to win games and put players on the field who can do that. If you can't perform either physically OR mentally then you'll be cast aside.

Back
Top Bottom