Timmons AWOL?? | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons AWOL??

This situation needs closure today one way or another. Off day for the players and everyone needs their heads on straight by tomorrow. Cannot afford to drop a game against one of the rare **** teams on the schedule.

This situation needs closure today one way or another. Off day for the players and everyone needs their heads on straight by tomorrow. Cannot afford to drop a game against one of the rare **** teams on the schedule.

I agree but I'm starting to wonder if Gase will Belichick this and keep it 100% in house. Maybe we see Timmons practice tomorrow and have no clue on his status for Sunday. Should be interesting.

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington

While I personally don’t know details, if Timmons has legit excuse for Sunday absence, I can tell you the team is not accepting it as such.

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington

Least dramatic outcome, if I had to make an educated guess? Gase disciplines Timmons. Timmons accepts discipline. Matter stays private.

If LaCanfora is telling the truth, then this dude is having separation anxiety (which would include some mental issues) with not being a Steeler anymore. And that's not to say it's just football-on-the-field related. His life the past 11 years has been Pittsburgh, the geographic location, the Rooney family, teammates, etc. I think he can't accept that and it may be breaking him down. If that's the case, he's a lost cause. Even if he comes back to play, under the surface he'll never really "be back" or "all in".

If an outcome is learned I think we can create a new thread for it. Just waiting for the outcome

If LaCanfora is telling the truth, then this dude is having separation anxiety (which would include some mental issues) with not being a Steeler anymore. And that's not to say it's just football-on-the-field related. His life the past 11 years has been Pittsburgh, the geographic location, the Rooney family, teammates, etc. I think he can't accept that and it may be breaking him down. If that's the case, he's a lost cause. Even if he comes back to play, under the service he'll never really "be back" or "all in".
If thats the case and we cant recoup money its bs. Give me a break, players leave all the time for new teams. Guy must have lost it which happens but shouldn't f the fins financially.

If thats the case and we cant recoup money its bs. Give me a break, players leave all the time for new teams. Guy must have lost it which happens but shouldn't f the fins financially.
Take it up with the NFLPA. Players are protected with guarentees. True we didn't have to guarantee the entire contract but we were also gonna lose money either way. This is a rare situation which isn't protected against as far as the team is concerned

I wonder if he had a transient ischemic attack (TIA) called a "mini stroke" . That's when the brain experiences a temporary lack of blood flow. It has the characteristics of a full stroke, but resolves itself within 24 hours. Unlike a stroke it doesn't kill brain tissue or cause permanent disabilities. It's related to high blood pressure and other risk factors such as atrial fibrillation, diabetes or obesity. Curiously, it most often occurs on Mondays. It would account for his out of character behavior during the last week that was alluded to and his confusion when located. It would make sense for him to try to go home if he was confused. This could account for a medical review. It could also account why Gase appeared irked. I mean, what can happen to the Dolphins next?

I hope we hear officially what the problem is soon.

If LaCanfora is telling the truth, then this dude is having separation anxiety (which would include some mental issues) with not being a Steeler anymore. And that's not to say it's just football-on-the-field related. His life the past 11 years has been Pittsburgh, the geographic location, the Rooney family, teammates, etc. I think he can't accept that and it may be breaking him down. If that's the case, he's a lost cause. Even if he comes back to play, under the surface he'll never really "be back" or "all in".

Wouldn't that just be a punch to the dick as it relates to the Dolphins. The league is a business and guys get traded or sign elsewhere all the time. The one guy Miami signs misses his old team and geographic location so he goes AWOL the night before the first game.

All a theory of course but if it's true it's absolutely horrendous.

Hopefully he man's up, admits his wrongdoing, begs for forgiveness, and accepts his punishment. Then we can move forward. Have your BM and the baby come down to spend your suspension with you. Problem solved.

Hopefully he man's up, admits his wrongdoing, begs for forgiveness, and accepts his punishment. Then we can move forward. Have your BM and the baby come down to spend your suspension with you. Problem solved.

I'm starting to think this is the fate of this. Gase may keep the whole thing in house as well.

Back
Top Bottom