Timmons AWOL?? | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons AWOL??

If it was really health related, Gase had every opportunity to say something like we take care of our players blah blah blah to support him... Gase was pissed! And instead took shots at him... Timmons obviously did something stupid...

Could be wrong but I get the same vibs from Gase's presser. Seemed more irritated than sympathetic.

That's classy. Dude likely had a mental breakdown of some sort and you're worried about financially hurting him.
I'm not ready to make plans to go to Timmon's pity party just yet. Judging by Gase's demeanor and the bits of info, it sounds like he probably screwed up and then pulled a Casey Anthony and decided to drag this episode down a long path of dramatized tales to cover his tracks.

I'm not ready to make plans to go to Timmon's pity party just yet. Judging by Gase's demeanor and the bits of info, it sounds like he probably screwed up and then pulled a Casey Anthony and decided to drag this episode down a long path of dramatized tales to cover his tracks.

I think you're on to something. Gase knows more than he's going to say, and his reaction is he's obviously very irritated.... not worried.

We still don't know the details. Lots of speculation out there, but until we know what really happened how can a decision be made? I'm sure Gase will make the right decision regarding Timmons.

Obviously, if this has anything to do with the hurricane or family issues that's an entirely different story than missing a team meeting or whatever else is being discussed along those lines.

Just interesting that the truth hasn't come out yet. That is troubling.

Shocked we're all still speculating late Monday. We may never get the full details. It certainly had to concern the Dolphins quite a bit if they decided to file a missing persons report though. This sounds bigger than being late to a meeting.

I just watched the Gase presser, his body language and tone speak VOLUMES about how he feels about this issue.

Right around the 13:20 mark a reporter asked about the rules, Gase responds with "We only have two rules; show up on time and play hard." Same reporter asks a follow up question about "what is your level of tolerance if those rules are broken?" Watch Gase's response there; "What do you think?". Just look at Gase's face when he says that; he is NOT HAPPY about this issue. So while we don't have the details of what happened, I can guess that Gase has more information about this and it is not favorable/sympathetic to Timmons in the slightest, at least as far as Gase is concerned.

Last edited:
Guys debate the topic and lay off comments about other posters.

The tweets are getting out of hand, maybe half of em actually load. Just tell us WTF they said.

Cut him and take the cap hit. It's better for the team in the long run.

Dude isn't worth all this energy. All I know was Sunday at game time he wasn't there. I'm only worried about the players that actually played.

He could be in Gase's dog house the way Alfred Oglesby got himself in Shula's.
Difference is Ogelsby sucked and wasn't missed on the field. Seriously though, what if he truly believed his daughter was in some kind of danger? As a parent I could understand. If he went out partying and then made all this stuff up to cover up he's a total loser.

I listened to Jason La Canfora interview on cbs sports radio last night and when he was asked about Timmons he said Timmons had been acting bizarre in the week leading up to the team leaving for California, including for some unknown reason showing up at Steelers practice on that Friday. When they found him in the airport the night before the game he was disoriented.

I didn't see anything on JLC's twitter regarding what he reported in the interview and it is JLC so take it FWIW.

Timmons has put Gase in an awful position. I think he has to let him go.
I listened to Jason La Canfora interview on cbs sports radio last night and when he was asked about Timmons he said Timmons had been acting bizarre in the week leading up to the team leaving for California, including for some unknown reason showing up at Steelers practice on that Friday. When they found him in the airport the night before the game he was disoriented.

I didn't see anything on JLC's twitter regarding what he reported in the interview and it is JLC so take it FWIW.
This makes sense bases on reports that have been out there. The only thing that cinduses me is Gase looking pissed and i am not sure he would be so irate if Timmons simply lost it. Self induced drugs maybe, psychotic episode as a result would make him pissed and cause him to act weird but I don't think he has any history of substance abuse.

Back
Top Bottom