Titans releasing WR Julio Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Titans releasing WR Julio Jones

Julio to the titans was one of the worst signings in the last couple of years….might be worse than the Falcons picking up Todd Gurley...

You would think that GM's getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars can tell when a player is done.

We can get a wide receiver in the draft and there's a few out there. I'll take Julio on the cheap
We've already got an injury prone WR on the depth chart that, at this point in their careers, I wouldn't trade for Julio. But even if Julio is "cheap" we're basically already entering the season with 2 our of 5 or 6 of the receivers on our roster being almost guaranteed to miss time. So by week 4 you're looking at an offense that could be without Parker and Julio, and since you wasted your roster spots on fragile guys you aren't as prepared with backups.

I'm ok with an injury flier but I'm not ok with more than one at a position where 5-6 guys will take the field every week. That's how we've ended up trying to evaluate Tua with our best receiver on the field being Jakeem Grant.

Julio to the titans was one of the worst signings in the last couple of years….might be worse than the Falcons picking up Todd Gurley...

You would think that GM's getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars can tell when a player is done.
It wasn't just that Julio was done - it was that he was brought in (via second round pick no less) on a team that had just lost every single viable receiver it had on its roster save for AJ Brown, himself not exactly a guy with perfect durability. On a team in its championship window, no less. There are places where taking on an injury risk makes sense, but the Titans were immensely ill prepared with alternatives in the event that Julio's health played out like could be expected.

We've already got an injury prone WR on the depth chart that, at this point in their careers, I wouldn't trade for Julio. But even if Julio is "cheap" we're basically already entering the season with 2 our of 5 or 6 of the receivers on our roster being almost guaranteed to miss time. So by week 4 you're looking at an offense that could be without Parker and Julio, and since you wasted your roster spots on fragile guys you aren't as prepared with backups.

I'm ok with an injury flier but I'm not ok with more than one at a position where 5-6 guys will take the field every week. That's how we've ended up trying to evaluate Tua with our best receiver on the field being Jakeem Grant.
Honestly I hate we lost hands of stone Grant but he was a pro bowler on special teams. Again just my opinion

Honestly I hate we lost hands of stone Grant but he was a pro bowler on special teams. Again just my opinion
Wanna make the Pro Bowl on special teams? Return a single kick for a TD. Wanna be a bad player in real life? Cause more turnovers deep in your own territory with dumb decisions and stone hands than actual TD's you score.

Back
Top Bottom