To the Mods on this forum.. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Mods on this forum..

I'll submit my two-sense....

If the Pope was healthy, and all of the sudden he went into immediate cardiac arrest or was murdered or what-have-you, then I would've waited awhile before I moved the thread to another forum. If the president was assassinated, I would wait awhile before moving it. If we were bombed/invaded/etc that would be right there of central importance for the moment. But as others said before, the pope was in such a state that he was going to pass within the past couple of days and everyone knew that. There were already threads devoted to him being sick in the political forum and/or lounge. I respect my catholic friends and posters and do not have a problem with something undolphin-like being posted on the main board if it's an immediate shock (like some of the examples above). It still wouldnt sit there for days. My views probably differ a little bit from my buddies that I moderate/operate the site with, so if an issue like this arises, we will talk about it.

I believe that the point most are missing is that there is a place for everything. Even the bible says to "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

I mourn the passing of the Pope, despite my not being Catholic, and despite not being the least bit religious. He was a great man, a man of peace and a voice for all God's children, regardless of faith.

Yet the news of his passing is as out of place on the Dolphins' main board as news of the Dolphins' latest personnel move would be on a board dedicated to news about the Pope.

I just wanted to add ... it would have been a lot more disrespectful if a bunch of posters would habve went off on the pope and said "Who cares? Was he a Dolphin fan?" or some such nonsense -- which would have been much more likely, IMO, had the thread been left on the main page.

I have a question. If this "Pope has died" thread had been posted in say the lounge, as it would be a "new" post it would then jump to the top of "new posts" page, correct? Thay's where I always go, right after checking for new news or commentary... to new posts. To see what's up and who's around. Isn't that the way most of you do it? Anyway as long as it was an active thread it would remain visible on the first page of "new posts" correct ? I just wondered why no-one brought it up... that it really wasn't necessary to put in in the Dolphin forum as long as you kept it active... but again that assumes(I know) that others navigate like I do. Just curious. BTW I think gonzo makes a good point about how well texasPHINsfan fielded the beat down by those casting stones.

cnc66 said:
I have a question. If this "Pope has died" thread had been posted in say the lounge, as it would be a "new" post it would then jump to the top of "new posts" page, correct? Thay's where I always go, right after checking for new news or commentary... to new posts. To see what's up and who's around. Isn't that the way most of you do it? Anyway as long as it was an active thread it would remain visible on the first page of "new posts" correct ? I just wondered why no-one brought it up... that it really wasn't necessary to put in in the Dolphin forum as long as you kept it active... but again that assumes(I know) that others navigate like I do. Just curious. BTW I think gonzo makes a good point about how well texasPHINsfan fielded the beat down by those casting stones.

Good points. :up:

Back
Top Bottom