To the Mods on this forum.. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Mods on this forum..

After the upset of people about the pope and the Terry Shivoe thing I have come to the conclusions that many christians do not actually believe in heaven.

The Pope was a good man, who did many great things. He was 85, that is a good time to die. He was in pain. I am happy that the pope is dead and no longer in pain. I am hoping he enjoys the kingdom of heaven

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
After the upset of people about the pope and the Terry Shivoe thing I have come to the conclusions that many christians do not actually believe in heaven.

The Pope was a good man, who did many great things. He was 85, that is a good time to die. He was in pain. I am happy that the pope is dead and no longer in pain. I am hoping he enjoys the kingdom of heaven

I'm christian, I believe in heaven, it's just sad to see a great man die.

It's about having emotions and missing someone.

Those who hide behind the "Rules"

It's Great to have a policy, a rule, a way of running things. But those that are Bound to the Letter of the Law-who use it for a shield. Oh! We just can't do it -"It's Against the Rules" And Hell if we break the Rules All Of Our Heads will Expload and the Lucky Ones who don't will Run Around in Circles till they Burst into Flames. Well Thats Just Crap. I remember A time when some of Folks were relegated to a certain area of a Bus. Those were the Rules. And well I guess most of you know the rest of the Story. There was nothing subversive, Evil, or Disrespectfull from Rev. Ricks Post. He was just sliding some 411. I've been reading his posts on this and another site, he's a man of Faith, and I have the utmost respect for him. So Relax. A Major Historical Figure passed. Fank Perdue Died Yesterday,and the Announcement of his Death might not be suited for this Forum. But how 'bout we cut some slack for the Pope. He was a Good and Just Man-regardless of his Faith, and his absense will be noticed.

As stated on a different thread. I apologize for creating this "havoc" on your board..by no means was that the intention. Safe to say as a Roman Catholic, the news was/is very important to me and thought the board would like to be informed of the news that is being covered internationally. It was no means to spread our ideas and beliefs, it was simply done out of respect for the Holy Father.

I posted the same on our board and will write a similar disclaimer if people get upset as well...

http://forum.uniontrib.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43583

L.T.21 said:
As stated on a different thread. I apologize for creating this "havoc" on your board..by no means was that the intention. Safe to say as a Roman Catholic, the news was/is very important to me and thought the board would like to be informed of the news that is being covered internationally. It was no means to spread our ideas and beliefs, it was simply done out of respect for the Holy Father.

I posted the same on our board and will write a similar disclaimer if people get upset as well...

http://forum.uniontrib.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43583
LT, calm down man.

its not because it was you... if you wouldn't have done it, somebody else would have. as i said before, i have no problem with you.

its not that you did it.... this conversation and debate would have happened regardless of who posted it.

My 2cents,
I've paid my respects to the Pope, I did it in a private personal way. After that I returned to my job and then came home, I ate dinner and came to this site. On my way here I was on my Yahoo news page where it was the lead story and I read it and again paid my respects privately.
Then I go to FH and I see the thread about the Pope in the lounge forum... I read Rev Ricks "shame on you" post in the complaint forum and think HUH........he's being awfully judgmental. I Mean I try not to go through life judging people, but I'm human and I do judge people, we all do.
RevRick, I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it. The thread was fine in the proper forum, but I paid my respects, I read about it several times today, and really we all new it was coming he had been ill for some time now.

To me it wasn't breaking news just inevitable news.
If I want to read more about his death there are many many sites that currently have the story and forums to discuss his passing.

If I want to know the opinion of Dolfans from this site I will go to one of the other forums on this site and see if it's being discussed and join in. And I did.

But my opinion of this thread is that you started it in anger that the mods moved it and told them they were wrong for doing so and they should be ashamed.
Your human you make mistakes, but being a reverend (I assume because of your name) then maybe you should lead by example and be a voice of reason instead of attempting to shame others that disagree with the placement of the original thread because it’s something you believe in.
The thread was created in the Dolphins forum and then simply moved to a more appropriate forum. What’s wrong with that? Currently as I type this post there are 104 responses and 1,269 views for the original thread in the lounge, and it’s a sticky.
Sum it up, I read all about several times today and I get home and just want to see what’s up with the Fins, I don’t need to see a thread on it and if I do, it’s in the lounge.

FiN.in.RI said:
I'm christian, I believe in heaven, it's just sad to see a great man die.

It's about having emotions and missing someone.

I guess I do not get it. I don't see what is sad about a 85 year old man dying. He lived a great life.

I have emotions. He lived a great life. He done many great things. now he is somewhere else doing something else. Way to go pope.

Hellion said:
My 2cents,
I've paid my respects to the Pope, I did it in a private personal way. After that I returned to my job and then came home, I ate dinner and came to this site. On my way here I was on my Yahoo news page where it was the lead story and I read it and again paid my respects privately.
Then I go to FH and I see the thread about the Pope in the lounge forum... I read Rev Ricks "shame on you" post in the complaint forum and think HUH........he's being awfully judgmental. I Mean I try not to go through life judging people, but I'm human and I do judge people, we all do.
RevRick, I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it. The thread was fine in the proper forum, but I paid my respects, I read about it several times today, and really we all new it was coming he had been ill for some time now.

If I want to read more about his death there are many many sites that currently have the story and forums to discuss his passing.

If I want to know the opinion of Dolfans from this site I will go to one of the other forums on this site and see if it's being discussed and join in. And I did.

But my opinion of this thread is that you started it in anger that the mods moved it and told them they were wrong for doing so and they should be ashamed.
Your human you make mistakes, but being a reverend (I assume because of your name) then maybe you should lead by example and be a voice of reason instead of attempting to shame others that disagree with the placement of the original thread because it’s something you believe in.
The thread was created in the Dolphins forum and then simply moved to a more appropriate forum. What’s wrong with that? Currently as I type this post there are 104 responses and 1,269 views for the original thread in the lounge, and it’s a sticky.
Sum it up, I read all about several times today and I get home and just want to see what’s up with the Fins, I don’t need to see a thread on it and if I do, it’s in the lounge.
very well put.

where the heck were all you guys when i was fighting a one-man war on here about placement of the thread? it was me versus the entire catholic population here on finheaven!

Hostile7 said:
Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, some people would
certainly want you to believe that the mods were "Insensitive" for moving the Pope thread to it's correct location. And they make a good case. Hell I almost felt pity myself. But ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, I have one
final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is
Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kishik, but Chewbacca
lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that. That does not make
sense.

Why would a wookie, an 8-foot-tall wookie want to live on Endor with a
bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more
importantly, you have to ask yourself; what does this have to do with
this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen it has nothing to do with
this case.

It does not make sense. Look at me, I'm a poster defending
a major message board and I'm talking about Chewbacca. Does that make
sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense, none of this
makes sense! And so you have to remember. When you're in that jury
room deliberating and conjugating the emancipation proclamation, does
it make sense? No. Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does
not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit. The
defense rests!

clear.gif

clear.gif

BRILLIANT!

Chisel Monkey said:
It's Great to have a policy, a rule, a way of running things. But those that are Bound to the Letter of the Law-who use it for a shield. Oh! We just can't do it -"It's Against the Rules" And Hell if we break the Rules All Of Our Heads will Expload and the Lucky Ones who don't will Run Around in Circles till they Burst into Flames. Well Thats Just Crap. I remember A time when some of Folks were relegated to a certain area of a Bus. Those were the Rules. And well I guess most of you know the rest of the Story. There was nothing subversive, Evil, or Disrespectfull from Rev. Ricks Post. He was just sliding some 411. I've been reading his posts on this and another site, he's a man of Faith, and I have the utmost respect for him. So Relax. A Major Historical Figure passed. Fank Perdue Died Yesterday,and the Announcement of his Death might not be suited for this Forum. But how 'bout we cut some slack for the Pope. He was a Good and Just Man-regardless of his Faith, and his absense will be noticed.

Comparing a mod moving a thread to a different forum and the civil rights movement is a joke. It isnt as though the person who put the thread in the wrong spot was banned, or even yelled at to my knowledge. No need to make a big deal out of nothing. Pay your respects all you want, as many of us have, but dont act like you are being persecuted because a thread was moved.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I guess I do not get it. I don't see what is sad about a 85 year old man dying. He lived a great life.

Well, I don't care if you get it or not but that doesn't mean you can just go and make a statement that christians "don't believe in heaven". Kind of silly.

texasPHINSfan said:
very well put.

where the heck were all you guys when i was fighting a one-man war on here about placement of the thread? it was me versus the entire catholic population here on finheaven!

Sorry Tex, I was have a busy(i.e. crappy) day at work and couldn't get online to help. :lol:

Hellion said:
My 2cents,

Make that $.04...especially including the respect shown to Rev Rick who is a great poster on this site. Well said.

texasPHINSfan said:

I know this was made in jest. But there were Catholics backing you up in here. Myself included.

texasPHINSfan said:
very well put.

Hey now, we weren't all Catholic. You weren't the only one, but you were the only one that argued a good point without resorting to disrespecting other's beliefs. Those that did that didn't even deserve a response except from the Mods.

Back
Top Bottom