To the Mods on this forum.. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Mods on this forum..

Surferosa said:
Didnt offend me at all. Its just funny how you are advocating that people should follow rules and post in the correct forum, yet you yourelf started a thread in the wrong forum. And why? Because there isnt enough traffic in the forum where the thread should have been posted - either the Lounge or Suggestions Forums.

This sad topic shouldn't need a lot of traffic. It's common knowledge.

finsfan4life said:
My question to my fellow Fins fans is how would you feel if the United States did this if it were on a Sunday during the regular season. The NFL has postponed games before (September 11th) so would you understand / agree with a Fins game being cancelled because of a death?

I would be PO'd if the pope's death meant Fins game was cancelled. I'm sorry for the loss many people around the world are feeling today. However, canceling a game in his honor would be nothing more than one religious group pushing their values upon me and the rest of us who aren't catholic.

FiN.in.RI said:
This sad topic shouldn't need a lot of traffic. It's common knowledge.

:confused:

common knowldge=traffic

:confused:

Surferosa said:
Didnt offend me at all. Its just funny how you are advocating that people should follow rules and post in the correct forum, yet you yourelf started a thread in the wrong forum. And why? Because there isnt enough traffic in the forum where the thread should have been posted - either the Lounge or Suggestions Forums.

I specifically stated Suggestions forum, where another poster's graphics thread was moved to.. And again, I told the mods to move it if they felt it was innapropriate. The fact is, it did have Dolphin related material in it, more so than a public figure with no football or Miami Dolphin connections. So in effect, I broke the rules while stating that if the mods felt it was breaking the rules they SHOULD MOVE IT IF THEY so deem it..

I am very sorry that you feel my services were egotistical in design.. Perhaps I should stop offering them and become a clergyman.. Maybe then people would make threads about me on completely unrelated forums and bicker amongst themselves in my honor... Truly sad how these things get.. I paid my respects to the man in the proper place, I suggest you all do as well and live by the man's spirit of kindness and generosity, rather than one of petty bickering over what they deem to be appropriate or not.

FiN.in.RI said:
We do. If you go into the Political forum you'll see like a 5/6 page thread on it.

The Political/War forum with 3 people Viewing a the moment? Wait, Im on my way over to add to the discussion.

Chewwy was on Endor because he suffers from feelings of inadequacy. Poor guy.

SkapePhin said:
I specifically stated Suggestions forum, where another poster's graphics thread was moved to.. And again, I told the mods to move it if they felt it was innapropriate. The fact is, it did have Dolphin related material in it, more so than a public figure with no football or Miami Dolphin connections. So in effect, I broke the rules while stating that if the mods felt it was breaking the rules they SHOULD MOVE IT IF THEY so deem it..

I am very sorry that you feel my services were egotistical in design.. Perhaps I should stop offering them and become a clergyman.. Maybe then people would make threads about me on completely unrelated forums and bicker amongst themselves in my honor... Truly sad how these things get.. I paid my respects to the man in the proper place, I suggest you all do as well and live by the man's spirit of kindness and generosity, rather than one of petty bickering over what they deem to be appropriate or not.

Peace man.

RevRick said:
I am absolutely appalled that you have no more grasp of the impact of world events on every human being, such as the passing of a major world figure who has helped make this world more free for such things as this forum, than to worry more about your Terms of Service, or more afraid that you might not be politically correct enough to allow the thread about the passing of the Pope remain where it was posted. Shame on you!
man... i hear what your saying... but world news is not dolphins news, and this thread was starting in the dolphins forum.

VanDolPhan said:
Err if all they are doing is moving it then there shouldn't be a problem. There is a forum for this stuff. Abusing forum rules cause this is the 'most' read isn't an excuse.

Yes I see your point but were talking about the Pope...yet we do have a cancer awareness thread stuck at the top with a sticky. I know both are sensitive topics....but I agree the Pope deserved the respect from all of us to bend the rules for the weekend as a salute to a wonderful man.

To all those who wonder why these threads got moved.

I have as much respect for the Pope as anyone... however, I fail to see how a thread about his passing in a Dolphins Forum is paying any more respect to him than one in the Lounge, or Political Forums. In fact, I find it more appropriate and respectful OUT of a sports related forum.

If the President dies... that thread would be moved into the Lounge or Political.
Conversations about God Himself (who, as I recall outranks the Pope) are not appropriate in the Dolphins forum either.

This is a non-issue.

God Bless John Paul II... may you rest in peace.

SkapePhin said:
I paid my respects to the man in the proper place, I suggest you all do as well and live by the man's spirit of kindness and generosity, rather than one of petty bickering over what they deem to be appropriate or not.

:clap: Well said Skape.... well said.

Back
Top Bottom