To the Mods on this forum.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Mods on this forum..

SkapePhin said:
But then why are people bashing the mods and management over this? Thats what I dont understand..

Mods seem to move things without realizing that the post will eventually die off and can be moved later. It was simply moved to soon and I was angry more at the insensitive attitude a couple posters took.

Jaj said:
We're trying to be politically correct then am I right? I'll do you guys a favor and "mark" every other thread that is not purely Dolphins related.

:shakeno: Seriously though, Go somewhere else if you don't like it.

I'm personally glad this is message board is run the way it is. It actually makes people follow the rules. Wow what a concept.

Jaj said:
Mods seem to move things without realizing that the post will eventually die off and can be moved later. It was simply moved to soon and I was angry more at the insensitive attitude a couple posters took.
They probably moved it because it would turn into a big fiasco.....like this.

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, some people would
certainly want you to believe that the mods were "Insensitive" for moving the Pope thread to it's correct location. And they make a good case. Hell I almost felt pity myself. But ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, I have one
final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is
Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kishik, but Chewbacca
lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that. That does not make
sense.

Why would a wookie, an 8-foot-tall wookie want to live on Endor with a
bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more
importantly, you have to ask yourself; what does this have to do with
this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen it has nothing to do with
this case.

It does not make sense. Look at me, I'm a poster defending
a major message board and I'm talking about Chewbacca. Does that make
sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense, none of this
makes sense! And so you have to remember. When you're in that jury
room deliberating and conjugating the emancipation proclamation, does
it make sense? No. Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does
not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit. The
defense rests!

clear.gif

Jaj said:
yes but since when is there an informal "grace period" for non-dolphin threads to remain on the front page?

look man, no one is saying the papal death was not a tragedy. i just think that to be critical over things like how long a non-dolphin related thread is allowed to exist on the dolphin football forum main page is so trivial and inconsequential...

Hostile7 said:
Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, some people would
certainly want you to believe that the mods were "Insensitive" for moving the Pope thread to it's correct location. And they make a good case. Hell I almost felt pity myself. But ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, I have one
final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is
Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kishik, but Chewbacca
lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that. That does not make
sense.

RIP Johnny Cochran. :(

BTW, its spelled Kashyyk.. :D

SkapePhin said:
Honestly, if the Dalai Llama dies tommorow, should a post about him stay on the main Dolphins forum?

Thats a pretty ironic question, since you started an "Avatar" thread on the main board only a few days ago. Is THAT is worthy of Main forum discussion? I guess so, since "nobody visits the suggestions board".

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=72121

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that this highly important thread saw more time on the main board than news of the Pope's passing? :rolleyes:

Surferosa said:
Thats a pretty ironic question, since you started an "Avatar" thread on the main board only a few days ago. Is THAT is worthy of Main forum discussion? I guess so, since "nobody visits the suggestions board".

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that this highly important thread saw more time on the main board than news of the Pope's passing? :rolleyes:
you are a conspiracy theorist aren't you? :p

Jaj said:

If it's intentionally posted in the wrong forum, how can it be moved too soon?

FiN.in.RI said:
:shakeno: Seriously though, Go somewhere else if you don't like it.

I'm personally glad this is message board is run the way it is. It actually makes people follow the rules. Wow what a concept.

Even with it's problems I still love this message board. I just liked it more when things were less serious on this board and arguments blasting each other's opinions were more common.

Surferosa said:

There was a purpose for that thread to be herethough.

The popes passing is general common knowledge that should be discussed about in the correct forum.

texasPHINSfan said:
yes but since when is there an informal "grace period" for non-dolphin threads to remain on the front page?

look man, no one is saying the papal death was not a tragedy. i just think that to be critical over things like how long a non-dolphin related thread is allowed to exist on the dolphin football forum main page is so trivial and inconsequential...

Honestly, it was not a tragedy.. The man was 85 years old.. He died gracefully and he knew it was his time.. Its sad and Im sure it effects a great many because of JP's great service to the world during his time here, but it was his time to go and we should pay our respects and move on.. And paying our respects on a Miami Dolphins main forum simply doenst make much sense to me really.. Unless the Pope was a huge Dolphins fan of course.. :D

Jaj said:
Even with it's problems I still love this message board. I just liked it more when things were less serious on this board and arguments blasting each other's opinions were more common.

Dunno man, this place has always been the same since I started visiting here in 03..

SkapePhin said:
Honestly, it was not a tragedy.. The man was 85 years old.. He died gracefully and he knew it was his time.. Its sad and Im sure it effects a great many because of JP's great service to the world during his time here, but it was his time to go and we should pay our respects and move on.. And paying our respects on a Miami Dolphins main forum simply doenst make much sense to me really.. Unless the Pope was a huge Dolphins fan of course.. :D

Anyway somebody just close this topic. It sucks but I think this board is starting to lose it's purpose. To talk and argue like there's no tommorow. It's just I felt that if somebody is gonna take their parting shots at other people's religious beliefs why is that considered less of a problem than just a simple post in a Dolphin forum.

SkapePhin said:
touche... i mis-used the word "tragedy."

but i am on your side... why are you picking a bone with me?! :D

Back
Top Bottom