To the Mods on this forum.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Mods on this forum..

LostInPatsLand said:
And it's not a big idea for you guys to shut up and go about your business.
And the business is to post in the right forum.

LostInPatsLand said:
No, however, ESPNEWS for over an hour has kept active a breaking news bulletin about the Pope's passing. If it's good enough for ESPNEWS, I sure you can say its good enough for this site.
actually most people on this site HATE espn.... in fact i loathe espn. thats why i come to this site and not watch espn.

but to echo what canadaphinsfan said.... my entire beef wasn't with the pope or his passing - and i'm not trying to downplay the significance of his passing...

but that doesn't mean it belongs in the football forum. Honestly, i don't want to hear about non-dolphins things... if i did i'd go to the proper forum. i was one of the people who rejoiced when the mods made politics and religion illegal here. i'd like to keep it along those rule sets..

LostInPatsLand said:
:shakeno: Some people never learn.

Instead of talking about the Pope, you're talking about where the topic of the pope should be? Twilight Zone anyone?

Honestly, if the Dalai Llama dies tommorow, should a post about him stay on the main Dolphins forum?

SkapePhin said:
Honestly, if the Dalai Llama dies tommorow, should a post about him stay on the main Dolphins forum?

It should be post in the Dolphins forum and then simply moved about an hour later. That's the way these things were handled when I joined.

texasPHINSfan said:
and we could sit here and say the same about you.

what point does that make?

Fine. Let me summarize what I want to say, and I'll move on:

Management has the right to organize posts the way they want to. I agree that if it's policy to move these threads, then do it.

But if grief-stricken people f%ck up and post "incorrectly," don't be insensitive. Just move it and shut up. No comments necessary.

I think some people on this board inherently just like to piss people off.

LostInPatsLand said:

Management has the right to organize posts the way they want to. I agree that if it's policy to move these threads, then do it.

But if grief-stricken people f%ck up and post "incorrectly," don't be insensitive. Just move it and shut up. No comments necessary.

So the mods berated the guy who posted the pope thread here? I thought they just simply moved it..

LostInPatsLand said:

it wasn't posted "incorrectly" because the person was grief stricken... you sould like a lawyer for Kobe Bryant's accuser, geez...

the post was purposefully posted in the MAIN forum because it gets the most exposure. it was no accident. stop downplaying what had happened by trying to mask it with the importance of the event. for lack of a better term, it was attention-whoring.

that said, you would make a great lawyer, because thats all lawyers do - make you forget about the crime by focusing on the person or their feelings.

SkapePhin said:
So the mods berated the guy who posted the pope thread here? I thought they just simply moved it..

No the one who pissed off many posters simply decided to basically take cheap shots and at those who are very religious. That's who many of us were angry at and yet others backed him.

it's simple math really
dolphin topics = dolphins main forum
all other tpoics = all other corresponding forums

d-day said:
it's simple math really
dolphin topics = dolphins main forum
all other tpoics = all other corresponding forums

We're trying to be politically correct then am I right? I'll do you guys a favor and "mark" every other thread that is not purely Dolphins related.

Jaj said:
No the one who pissed off many posters simply decided to basically take cheap shots and at those who are very religious. That's who many of us were angry at and yet others backed him.

But then why are people bashing the mods and management over this? Thats what I dont understand..

This thread will hit like 500 pages im sure. Its moved like it should be. They have a place for this simply put.

Back
Top Bottom