To the Mods on this forum.. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Mods on this forum..

Jaj said:
Anyway somebody just close this topic. It sucks but I think this board is starting to lose it's purpose. To talk and argue about Dolphins football.
well it sounds like you were all for that - wanting to discuss the pope and all...

RevRick said:
I am absolutely appalled that you have no more grasp of the impact of world events on every human being, such as the passing of a major world figure who has helped make this world more free for such things as this forum, than to worry more about your Terms of Service, or more afraid that you might not be politically correct enough to allow the thread about the passing of the Pope remain where it was posted. Shame on you!

As usual REV I find it hard to disagree with you.

Jaj said:
Anyway somebody just close this topic. It sucks but I think this board is starting to lose it's purpose. To talk and argue like there's no tommorow. It's just I felt that if somebody is gonna take their parting shots at other people's religious beliefs why is that considered less of a problem than just a simple post in a Dolphin forum.

Which is exactly why the mods moved the thread about the pope from the main page.

Again, instead of talking about the Pope, and "grieving" or whatever, you're talking about where the pope post should be...

Am I the only one who doesn't understand that?

Surferosa said:
Thats a pretty ironic question, since you started an "Avatar" thread on the main board only a few days ago. Is THAT is worthy of Main forum discussion? I guess so, since "nobody visits the suggestions board".

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=72121

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that this highly important thread saw more time on the main board than news of the Pope's passing? :rolleyes:

Sorry if that offended you.. and I even stipulated that it should be moved if so deemed.. And again, I ask you isnt that actually more on topic than the Pope? Afterall, I was offering a service that including DOLPHINS RELATED GRAPHICS for USER OF THIS FORUM... Id say thats a little bit more on topic than the Pope..

If you really wanted to talk about the pope on this forum you should have started a thread like this....

The Associated Press is reporting that Italy has cancelled all sporting events out of respect for the pope.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2028261

My question to my fellow Fins fans is how would you feel if the United States did this if it were on a Sunday during the regular season. The NFL has postponed games before (September 11th) so would you understand / agree with a Fins game being cancelled because of a death?

the sad thing is that this thread will soon have more views and replies than any other non-sticky threads on the main page...

texasPHINSfan said:
well it sounds like you were all for that - wanting to discuss the pope and all...

I'm saying that since there are so many other so called "irrelevant" posts why not allow this one as well. It almost felt as if because it were connected to religion it was wrong immediately.

God I loved it when Bills fans used to come in here and we used to kick them out flaming them for their choke job in the early 90's.

this is so lame, to all the catholics out there i'm sorry to hear about your loss, but this news dosen't belong in the dolphins forum unless the pope played for the fins or was a fins fan

finsfan4life said:
My question to my fellow Fins fans is how would you feel if the United States did this if it were on a Sunday during the regular season. The NFL has postponed games before (September 11th) so would you understand / agree with a Fins game being cancelled because of a death?
what? did they cancel a phins game because of the papal death?

was the pope a huge football fan or something?

finsfan4life said:
I

I wouldn't mind it but that's because I love and I will miss Pope John Paul II.

I would view it as common courtesy to one of the gratest men to ever grace this planet.

SkapePhin said:
Sorry if that offended you.. and I even stipulated that it should be moved if so deemed.. And again, I ask you isnt that actually more on topic than the Pope? Afterall, I was offering a service that including DOLPHINS RELATED GRAPHICS for USER OF THIS FORUM... Id say thats a little bit more on topic than the Pope..

Didnt offend me at all. Its just funny how you are advocating that people should follow rules and post in the correct forum, yet you yourelf started a thread in the wrong forum. And why? Because there isnt enough traffic in the forum where the thread should have been posted - either the Lounge or Suggestions Forums.

Jaj said:
I'm saying that since there are so many other so called "irrelevant" posts why not allow this one as well. It almost felt as if because it were connected to religion it was wrong immediately.

God I loved it when Bills fans used to come in here and we used to kick them out flaming them for their choke job in the early 90's.

Most people that visit here know what happened and most people will know where it is being discussed if they want to add their thoughts.

texasPHINSfan said:
the sad thing is that this thread will soon have more views and replies than any other non-sticky threads on the main page...

Yup, its real sad that peolpe on this board actually care about things other than football. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom