To think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To think

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Only as early as 3 weeks ago, after we saw the schedule, and how brutal a start it might look for us, most of us said if we come out of these brutal 4 game with a 2-2 record, we will be in pretty good shape for the season, and maybe reaching the playoffs.

Well, we are already 2-0, with a slightly reasonable chance of maybe beating in an upset the odds on favorite Team to represent the AFC, to go 3-0.

Even if things go as most expect, and we don't beat the Bills, looking at how the Bengals have looked, we still have a good chance of ending the 1st quarter of the season with a 3-1 record...If things go as expected.

Goes to show you, just because a part of a schedule looks brutal, does not mean it will be.

Best part of all this, the Dolphins team we are looking at now, will probably be no where the team we will be seeing in the 2nd half of the season, so this could be quite a ride for us this season...Enjoy it. šŸ˜ƒ

Which would be pretty good.

Most here were predicting 1-3. 2-2 would be a tad disappointing because I think the Bengals are beatable.

100% agree. After seeing the Jets beat a Steelers team that upset the Bengals, there is no way we can feel OK, if we lose to the Bengals.

I know it does not work that way, and just because we beat the Ravens, who beat the Jets, who beat the Steelers, who beat the Bengals (Lol...That was a mouthful), does not mean Miami will be facing the same Bengals team.

Miami and Cincinnati are going in different direction, so that has to be a win.

The
100% agree. After seeing the Jets beat a Steelers team that upset the Bengals, there is no way we can feel OK, if we lose to the Bengals.

I know it does not work that way, and just because we beat the Ravens, who beat the Jets, who beat the Steelers, who beat the Bengals (Lol...That was a mouthful), does not mean Miami will be facing the same Bengals team.

Miami and Cincinnati are going in different direction, so that has to be a win.
Jets beat the Browns. The Cheaters beat the Steelers.

Only as early as 3 weeks ago, after we saw the schedule, and how brutal a start it might look for us, most of us said if we come out of these brutal 4 game with a 2-2 record, we will be in pretty good shape for the season, and maybe reaching the playoffs.

Well, we are already 2-0, with a slightly reasonable chance of maybe beating in an upset the odds on favorite Team to represent the AFC, to go 3-0.

Even if things go as most expect, and we don't beat the Bills, looking at how the Bengals have looked, we still have a good chance of ending the 1st quarter of the season with a 3-1 record...If things go as expected.

Goes to show you, just because a part of a schedule looks brutal, does not mean it will be.

Best part of all this, the Dolphins team we are looking at now, will probably be no where the team we will be seeing in the 2nd half of the season, so this could be quite a ride for us this season...Enjoy it. šŸ˜ƒ
On the other hand.. there are always twoā€¦ a couple teams in the schedule look better than they did pre season. The other, and more depressing thing will be: after the Bengals game the regular season will be nearly a quarter over!! NFLā€¦ the shortest feeling season in sportsā€¦ college football next.

I don't tend to do any game by game preseason projections, but when I looked at the schedule I did expect that we'd come out of this stretch at least 2-2 and probably 3-1. I also thought it was far more likely that we'd be 4-0 than 0-4.

Regardless of what happens this weekend, I fully expect a strong showing in terms of wins over the remainder of the season.

I won't believe we beat the Bills until they go out and do it. I'm hoping for 3-1 and beating the Bengals at this point.

Honestly itā€™s the best perspective. Obviously we all hope we can go out and beat the Bills. Itā€™s a strong bar early in the season. If they can beat them then it says so much including they can beat just about anyone in the NFL.

A lose and depending on how they lose raises questions.

Yeah, I hope we beat the Bengals. Still pretty tough with a such a short week on the road.
Yeah thatā€™s a tough one regardless of how cincy looks. Thursday away teams struggle

Theyā€™re also unveiling the white helmet which doesnā€™t matter but that will be a packed house full of energy

Iā€™ll be at the game first dolphins game in 15-20 years

2-0 IS amazing, and while I do expect continuing improvement as the season elapses, I have determined for myself that, the season is too new for Kool-Aid just yet.

ETA: ...and before I get thrown into the "Tua hater" pit.

I am optimistic, but fool me once, shame on you, fool me 79 times and you'll believe in anything.

I'll root optimistically WITHOUT expectation. Let's see where this ride goes.

Fins Up!!!

Last edited:
How bout we look big picture

Play all backups against the bills, and start game planning and resting to beat the bengals on a short week :)

3-1

How bout we look big picture

Play all backups against the bills, and start game planning and resting to beat the bengals on a short week :)

3-1
lucious lyon wtf GIF

Back
Top Bottom