TO vs CC stats in first 5 years | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TO vs CC stats in first 5 years

FinsNCanes said:
How often is CC double teamed compared to TO?

A lot more than when TO was playing second fiddle to Jerry Rice in his first 4-5 years.

AlanSaysYo said:
Now now, you know using good, solid logic won't shut these maniacs up. Accurate comparisons only make them babble more frequently. That's how they cope with logic: they just act dumber.
:lol:

Let's be realistic...

CC isn't nearly double teamed (if at all) compared to TO. You HAVE to double tema TO. If you didn't he'd be wide open 9/10 times. I don't ever hear of CC being double teamed, and if he isn't he should be wide open every play considering he's the "elite" receiver (or shortly of) that TO is. I like CC, but he still has lots of work to do.

FinsNCanes said:
Let's be realistic...

CC isn't nearly double teamed (if at all) compared to TO. You HAVE to double tema TO. If you didn't he'd be wide open 9/10 times. I don't ever hear of CC being double teamed, and if he isn't he should be wide open every play considering he's the "elite" receiver (or shortly of) that TO is. I like CC, but he still has lots of work to do.

we werent talking about TO now though. TO didnt have to be double teamed and wasnt double team when these stats are from.

The only info that's not listed is how games have each of them missed in that time period? I'll bet TO missed 16 games in that time @ least, dating from injuries @ S.F. to his woes @ Philly. That's a season of games. I not knocking Chamber's numbers, however he finally began either to "step up" these last several games, or the game plan had changed, creating more opportunities for him. Chambers missed I believe the 1 or 2 of the last games his rookie year, due to a hamstring injury. A couple after getting blasted in Denver on a Sunday night game, only a handful to TO's. The more impressive thing is, he hasn't had a Pro bowl caliber Qb like TO has had the privledge of having (Steve Young, Mcnabb), and yet the numbers are somewhat comparable. Get a good 0-line, running game to set up the pass, and a bit of a better qb, he could do much better.

PHINATIC#13 said:
The only info that's not listed is how games have each of them missed in that time period? I'll bet TO missed 16 games in that time @ least, dating from injuries @ S.F. to his woes @ Philly. That's a season of games. I not knocking Chamber's numbers, however he finally began either to "step up" these last several games, or the game plan had changed, creating more opportunities for him. Chambers missed I believe the 1 or 2 of the last games his rookie year, due to a hamstring injury. A couple after getting blasted in Denver on a Sunday night game, only a handful to TO's. The more impressive thing is, he hasn't had a Pro bowl caliber Qb like TO has had the privledge of having (Steve Young, Mcnabb), and yet the numbers are somewhat comparable. Get a good 0-line, running game to set up the pass, and a bit of a better qb, he could do much better.

TO missed 4 games in his first 5 seasons. Chambers missed 2. Not a big difference.

DAFINZ said:
Gotta remember TO played 2nd fiddle to Rice in his early years. TO is deffinetely the better reciever no doubt about that, but he carries way too much excess baggage thus making Chambers the better player for the team. TO has mouthed off at Jeff Garcia and McNabb, god knows what he'd do when Gus gets on his nerves. I am happy with CC as our #1 reciever and Booker as our #2 guy. GO FINZ :dolphins:

CC had a good first year that i remember and yes, TO took a few years to get going behind Rice. I really do not want TO here for obvious reasons so I do not like this comparison because of TO's antics.

But the stats only tell one side of the story. TO is someone who makes CB's play back and gets respect. Chambers is someone who CB's do not fear but maybe should now that he has "arrived".

And that is what has happened this year. He dropped alot of passes in the first half and then made all the plays (practically) in hte second half.

At this point, this argument is getting old. People cannot be honest about the situation because they are in CC's bed at night. We do not need a bigtime reciever at this point opposite CC, we need OL and QB.

DAFINZ said:
Gotta remember TO played 2nd fiddle to Rice in his early years. TO is deffinetely the better reciever no doubt about that, but he carries way too much excess baggage thus making Chambers the better player for the team. TO has mouthed off at Jeff Garcia and McNabb, god knows what he'd do when Gus gets on his nerves. I am happy with CC as our #1 reciever and Booker as our #2 guy. GO FINZ :dolphins:

Ah, and that is another plus for Chris, while CC will always get the main attention on this team, the tope Corner, and at times see double coverage, To would be more free to do damage, because teams were more nervous of Rice. I still think CC is going to be explosive the moment we find a QB that can consistently get him the ball.

TPA_Finz said:
Heres a question for you Numbers guy,WHO DROPS MORE BALLS?

Chris this year but percentagewise I believe Owens did. Owens was out for a couple of games this year due to not being able to play with teammates.

Back
Top Bottom