TO vs CC stats in first 5 years | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TO vs CC stats in first 5 years

Jimmy James said:
Unless you have heard far worse things about the guys who were injured for them at WR this year than I have, I don't see how this makes sense. They're lousy with quality WRs -- it's just about everything else that they need.

That actually makes some sense from the "who needs a WR" perspective.

The Green Bay thing has to do with his love of Favre and Owens would make GB better. Besides Walker who are they so lousy with talent with?

cltchperf said:
folr some reason he doesn't look like he runs fast when i see him, he seems to catch more intermediate passes than deep ones. Randy Moss, however, definitly is, and looks fast and is fast. Randy Moss is like a gazelle on the field. There are lot of receivers known for their speed, but you don't ever hear about Owens being one of those guys, I see him as fast but more of a great route runner who is big and tough to tackle than a burner.

TO is the best WR in football. hes definitly fast to go with everything else. hes definitly a deep threat. yea it doesnt look like hes to fast, but thats why i said he has next man speed.

doesnt matter who hes match up with, hes going to out run him.

AlanSaysYo said:
Now now, you know using good, solid logic won't shut these maniacs up. Accurate comparisons only make them babble more frequently. That's how they cope with logic: they just act dumber.
:yeahthat:

Saban4prez said:
the only flaw here is, T.O. didn't start till a little later in his career than Chambers, and Chambers was also our #1 target from the second we drafted him. so in reality chambers number should be better

last time i checked to was a drop ball machine till that catch

to must of sucked then if he couldnt beat jj stokes for #2

dlockz said:
The Green Bay thing has to do with his love of Favre and Owens would make GB better. Besides Walker who are they so lousy with talent with?

Ferguson and Driver. Chatman also looked pretty good once he got on the field.

blackthought said:
Can somebody say Jerry Rice. I somewhat like Chambers, when he wants to catch but to post those stats in the face of Fin Fans without including a Hall of Fame Jerry Rice in the equation is real jaded. Chambers is no Owens or anywhere close and you all know it. If TO comes here you'll love him because he's on your team. Love it or hate it Saban brought back Ricky he could easily bring over Owens regardless of what the wife beater, Randy M., says.

Well i believe the point of this thread was to show how close chambers has been in his first five years of his career to TO's first five years...its quite obvious that statistically speaking, he has put up numbers similar numbers to him. and also statistically speaking TO had a great quarterback throwing him the ball. If players just played and their personality wasnt taken along with them, I would easily take TO, but that is not the case in real life...

Jimmy James said:
Ferguson and Driver. Chatman also looked pretty good once he got on the field.

I will concede they are fairly solid, forgot Driver but only mentioned GB because of T.O.s manlove for Favre.

dlockz said:
I will concede they are fairly solid, forgot Driver but only mentioned GB because of T.O.s manlove for Favre.

Yeah, only because of his strong arm. As soon as Favre over throws TO(Who would be triple covered anyway) and gets picked, TO will get ticked off. Then they'll start 1-5 and TO will go on his annual media rampage while doing chin-ups in his driveway and say something like "We'd be undefeated if Skip Bayless was our QB, and if Michael Irving played defense"

dlockz said:

See, I wasn't thinking of that aspect of the matchmaking. TO does love the Favre according to comments he has made.

hooserdaddy said:
It surprises me how much hate there is for CC, and how much support for TO. Please look over both players stats for there first 5 years, and then ask yourself if you really want an aging pain of a player or a young up and coming WR that just had the break out year we were waiting for.​

T.O-------------------------------- C.C.
319 total receptions in 5yrs----------315 total receptions in 5yrs
63.8 avg rec. per year---------------63.0 avg rec. per year
4758 total yards in 5yrs-------------4596 total yars in 5yrs
951.6 avg yards per year------------919.2 avg yards per year
14.9 avg yards per catch for 5yrs----14.6 avg yards per catch for 5yrs
57.2 avg longest catch per year------68.6 avg longest catch per year
43 total touchdowns in 5 years-------39 total touchdowns in 5 years
8.6 avg touchdowns per year---------7.8 avg touchdowns per year

STATS ARE PRETTY CLOSE OVER BOTH PLAYERS FIRST 5 YEARS.

Good post my man. you made it easy to read and it proves chambers really is an elite WR. and if they havent already, ill bet someone mentions the drops.

CHAMBERS IS THE MAN!

Nappy Roots said:
TO is the best WR in football. hes definitly fast to go with everything else. hes definitly a deep threat. yea it doesnt look like hes to fast, but thats why i said he has next man speed.

doesnt matter who hes match up with, hes going to out run him.

I am sorry but Holt is the best by far. When a player can over shadow Issac Bruce that says something about that player. Watching this guy he is just amazing.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I am sorry but Holt is the best by far. When a player can over shadow Issac Bruce that says something about that player. Watching this guy he is just amazing.

TO can do everything Holt can do and more. i dont see it, but whatever.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

Torry Holt is the best WR in the league no doubt

He is the best route runner, He looks the ball into his hands every time unlike TO who drops passes he should catch, he puts up 90 to 100 receptions every year, He has very good speed, and great work ethic

Putting TO in the same sentance is an insult to Holt

Nappy Roots said:
TO can do everything Holt can do and more. i dont see it, but whatever.

big difference is the fact that Holt does it better.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
big difference is the fact that Holt does it better.

he can run routes better. what else? holt is a *****. he goes down before he is even touch.

TO is bigger and will run through tackles, go over the middle, and can stretch the field.

Back
Top Bottom