TO vs CC stats in first 5 years | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TO vs CC stats in first 5 years

hooserdaddy said:
It surprises me how much hate there is for CC, and how much support for TO. Please look over both players stats for there first 5 years, and then ask yourself if you really want an aging pain of a player or a young up and coming WR that just had the break out year we were waiting for.​

T.O-------------------------------- C.C.
319 total receptions in 5yrs----------315 total receptions in 5yrs
63.8 avg rec. per year---------------63.0 avg rec. per year
4758 total yards in 5yrs-------------4596 total yars in 5yrs
951.6 avg yards per year------------919.2 avg yards per year
14.9 avg yards per catch for 5yrs----14.6 avg yards per catch for 5yrs
57.2 avg longest catch per year------68.6 avg longest catch per year
43 total touchdowns in 5 years-------39 total touchdowns in 5 years
8.6 avg touchdowns per year---------7.8 avg touchdowns per year

STATS ARE PRETTY CLOSE OVER BOTH PLAYERS FIRST 5 YEARS.

And compare Fiedler, Feeley and Ferrotte throwing to Chambers, against, ummm who were those nobodies for the 49ers back in those days at QB?;)

JonDigital said:
those are some pretty remarkable stats you dug up there. thanks for the research! the numbers are def skewed since TO was not a #1 option his whole career.

That's probably cancelled out by the discrepancy in QBs. Being #2 to Rice or having Gussy McBadthrow behind center.

Jimmy James said:
I'm shocked you guys are saying Harrison instead of Holt. Marv is my favorite Colt by far, but he just doesn't have the numbers or the ring of a Holt.

No, I actually think Holt is the best in the league. His route running is supreme, and he's got flypaper hands. But his numbers are helped alot by that "Chuck the ball as far as you can, while you have a top 5 runningback getting 5 carries a game" offense.

Then again...everyone knows they're going to throw it, yet they can't stop Holt.

Mainge said:
No, I actually think Holt is the best in the league. His route running is supreme, and he's got flypaper hands. But his numbers are helped alot by that "Chuck the ball as far as you can, while you have a top 5 runningback getting 5 carries a game" offense.

Then again...everyone knows they're going to throw it, yet they can't stop Holt.

The system does help Holt, but he has a lot of competition for balls out there with Faulk, Jackson, Bruce, Proehl, Hakim, Curtis, and McDonald all doing nicely for themselves in the passing game over these years. If he were the focus that Owens was for much of his career, it's easy to imagine him getting to 2000 receiving yards. Then again, you can say similar things about Harrison, who would probably be my #2 to Holt league wide.

azfinfanmang said:
What about Marvin Harrison?

Well, T.O. takes over a game better than any of them. Marvin runs great routes and gets open. But T.o. can get open, break tackles and burn pretty much anyone.

but this is all a matter of opinion. Personally, i'd say the best receiver right now is chad johnson. but thats easy to say without seeing T.O at all this year.

Jimmy James said:
The system does help Holt, but he has a lot of competition for balls out there with Faulk, Jackson, Bruce, Proehl, Hakim, Curtis, and McDonald all doing nicely for themselves in the passing game over these years. If he were the focus that Owens was for much of his career, it's easy to imagine him getting to 2000 receiving yards. Then again, you can say similar things about Harrison, who would probably be my #2 to Holt league wide.

I would maybe vote Holt above Marvelous Marvin cause of his longevity so far. :)
Another point, Both are GREAT characters. Would love to introduce either to any of my kids...Not sure I would want TO to come to a bachelor party much less meet my kids.

Jimmy James said:
Then again, you can say similar things about Harrison, who would probably be my #2 to Holt league wide.

Maybe he's not the only weapon on the team, but a few years ago, he reeled in 150+ balls and still couldn't top 2000.

That is ALOT of catches...

Saban4prez said:
Well, T.O. takes over a game better than any of them. Marvin runs great routes and gets open. But T.o. can get open, break tackles and burn pretty much anyone.

but this is all a matter of opinion. Personally, i'd say the best receiver right now is chad johnson. but thats easy to say without seeing T.O at all this year.

Chad Johnson is HANDS DOWN the BEST in the NFL.

At Touchdown celebrations.

However, he's got a lot of competition for best reciever right now.

Saban4prez said:
the only flaw here is, T.O. didn't start till a little later in his career than Chambers, and Chambers was also our #1 target from the second we drafted him. so in reality chambers number should be better

I think one of the more telling statistics of all is that we never bested 29th in the league in pass attempts in chambers' first 3 years.

i'm not trying to prove who's better.

Mainge said:

yeah...your right. My opinion may be biased.
here lets say this. hes the MOST FUN to watch WR in the league.

Mainge said:

i'm still a little bitter about the stuff he gets away with and what we get flagged for in terms of TD celebrations.

bakedmatt said:
i'm still a little bitter about the stuff he gets away with and what we get flagged for in terms of TD celebrations.

I am alright with Johnson for the most part, and I am glad to see the Bugles finally climb out of the cellar (Really Hope Carson Palmer is alright) but I think it is very hypocritical what Johnson gets away with...

Nice Post ! I did not know the statistics were that close. Amazing. I think we see even more improvement this year from Chambers - and I think the talk about Owens is silly. Booker, Chambers, Welker - and a new addition will be perfectly fine

Saban4prez said:
yeah...your right. My opinion may be biased.
here lets say this. hes the MOST FUN to watch WR in the league.

You are absolutely right. Every monday I watch ESPN and pray to god Chad scored.

CD13 said:
Nice Post ! I did not know the statistics were that close. Amazing. I think we see even more improvement this year from Chambers - and I think the talk about Owens is silly. Booker, Chambers, Welker - and a new addition will be perfectly fine

Alright time for my homer post. Lets look at Hank Basket out of the University of New Mexico in the third (if he lasts that long) He would be an incredible #3 reciever. I will post some stats at a later time....:D

I would prefer to see W-2 only in a 4 reciever set. The kid is absolute dynamite on the PR/KR.

Back
Top Bottom