TO vs CC stats in first 5 years | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TO vs CC stats in first 5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooserdaddy
It surprises me how much hate there is for CC, and how much support for TO. Please look over both players stats for there first 5 years, and then ask yourself if you really want an aging pain of a player or a young up and coming WR that just had the break out year we were waiting for.

T.O-------------------------------- C.C.
319 total receptions in 5yrs----------315 total receptions in 5yrs
63.8 avg rec. per year---------------63.0 avg rec. per year
4758 total yards in 5yrs-------------4596 total yars in 5yrs
951.6 avg yards per year------------919.2 avg yards per year
14.9 avg yards per catch for 5yrs----14.6 avg yards per catch for 5yrs
57.2 avg longest catch per year------68.6 avg longest catch per year
43 total touchdowns in 5 years-------39 total touchdowns in 5 years
8.6 avg touchdowns per year---------7.8 avg touchdowns per year

STATS ARE PRETTY CLOSE OVER BOTH PLAYERS FIRST 5 YEARS.

Good post my man. you made it easy to read and it proves chambers really is an elite WR. and if they havent already, ill bet someone mentions the drops.

CHAMBERS IS THE MAN!

heh Owens actually wasnt GREAT is first years in the league. Yes he made some great plays but he also was that great at times (remember the sanfran greenbay? playoff game.. he had 8 droped passes? then came up with some awesome catch with no seconds left for the winning td?) T.O started to show he was the best in the league once he became the focal point of the offense. Also you cannot rely on stats.. ok point blank one shows better than other.. but theres tons and tons and tons of things left out of stats.,.. were these garbage plays at the end of a game vs prevent? were they game changeing plays when nothing else worked? did the reciever run the right route and got lucky in zone? or did he outjump 2 defenders snatch the ball and gain an extra 10.. theres too much to add in which is why I dont believe in stats really at all. Chambers has the talent but he and T.O are very different recievers.. T.O runs routes like PERFECTLY down to the time and then breaks away from defenders for very very long gains heh

Those stats were a real eye opener. I hope that CC continues to show himself to be a pro bowl caliber player. I personally would not want T.O. on this team. He has major talent but I believe he would be a disruption.

Saban4prez said:
the only flaw here is, T.O. didn't start till a little later in his career than Chambers, and Chambers was also our #1 target from the second we drafted him. so in reality chambers number should be better
But if he was truely so much better then Chambers his stats should be better considering Rice was who people game planned against and tried to stop. If you gave Chambers a player of that caliber opposite him he would have monster stats

Brad528 said:
But if he was truely so much better then Chambers his stats should be better considering Rice was who people game planned against and tried to stop. If you gave Chambers a player of that caliber opposite him he would have monster stats

Ahhh come on. TO is the best reciever in the NFL hands down, just ask him he will tell you:goof: :goof: :goof: :goof:

hooserdaddy said:
It surprises me how much hate there is for CC, and how much support for TO. Please look over both players stats for there first 5 years, and then ask yourself if you really want an aging pain of a player or a young up and coming WR that just had the break out year we were waiting for.​
T.O-------------------------------- C.C.
319 total receptions in 5yrs----------315 total receptions in 5yrs
63.8 avg rec. per year---------------63.0 avg rec. per year
4758 total yards in 5yrs-------------4596 total yars in 5yrs
951.6 avg yards per year------------919.2 avg yards per year
14.9 avg yards per catch for 5yrs----14.6 avg yards per catch for 5yrs
57.2 avg longest catch per year------68.6 avg longest catch per year
43 total touchdowns in 5 years-------39 total touchdowns in 5 years
8.6 avg touchdowns per year---------7.8 avg touchdowns per year

STATS ARE PRETTY CLOSE OVER BOTH PLAYERS FIRST 5 YEARS.

I never realized that. Great post. This should be a sticky!

For all those who still don't get it. Ask yourselves, how many times has TO been in the playoffs? twice. Last year the Eagles would have been there with or without him.

AlanSaysYo said:
Now now, you know using good, solid logic won't shut these maniacs up. Accurate comparisons only make them babble more frequently. That's how they cope with logic: they just act dumber.

Obviously, because mentioning he was playing alongside Jerry Rice would have no impact on the argument whatsoever...

To didn't play much his 1st 2 years but interesting stats.

Those are interesting stats...not many teams "game plan" for CC though but like Shula used to say, "numbers don't lie." I'd like to see drops also. I heard the announcer say Steve Smith had seven drops all year during the Carolina game the other day and I almost fell out of my chair. CC has that many in a lot of games.

Hasta said:
Those are interesting stats...not many teams "game plan" for CC though but like Shula used to say, "numbers don't lie." I'd like to see drops also. I heard the announcer say Steve Smith had seven drops all year during the Carolina game the other day and I almost fell out of my chair. CC has that many in a lot of games.

not really. on stats.com Chambers has 8 for the season, and if anything the most he's had were 4 in the New England game.

cltchperf said:
not really. on stats.com Chambers has 8.

Stats is probably as good an authority at stats as anybody since they put so much work and research into it.

zed said:
Stats is probably as good an authority at stats as anybody since they put so much work and research into it.

yeah, It's just annoying when people just say stuff that doens't have any truth, and really exaggerate big time.

What's really odd is that we were never a passing team until this last year.

Back
Top Bottom