Today is a HUGE day for the Dolphins Organization | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today is a HUGE day for the Dolphins Organization

Schleprock said:
I thought Wembley closed?

Wembley has been knocked down and is being rebuilt at goverment/FA expense. It is due to reopen early next year. My point is that there should be an independant stadium that every team dreams of playing in.

Schleprock said:
Sorry, but this is not H U G E for us who do not live there, unlike people like yourself who are nearbye and will benefit from the economy going up around those dates.

your thoughts are very simple...this benefits you because you live nearbye and you believe it is important to all because it is the Dolphins stadium. This is about one thing...Wayne H. and making money. Not about the Miami Dolphins franchise.

As stated by others...how do you think San Fran and Oakland fans think?? Why not have the SB every 3 years in Pasadena??
What's wrong with a rotation of three sites....East, west, and central?

Schleprock said:
Sorry, but this is not H U G E for us who do not live there, unlike people like yourself who are nearbye and will benefit from the economy going up around those dates.

your thoughts are very simple...this benefits you because you live nearbye and you believe it is important to all because it is the Dolphins stadium. This is about one thing...Wayne H. and making money. Not about the Miami Dolphins franchise.

As stated by others...how do you think San Fran and Oakland fans think?? Why not have the SB every 3 years in Pasadena??

I'd be ALL for it, honestly. If the had the plans they have set in place IF Dolphins Stadium hosts it. Grand Scale plans of making it an EVENT people travel from far just to be at, even w/o tickets to the game. Do you know how many Philly fans without tickets went to Jacksonville? 75,000!!!! Of course they came to find out, J-ville has very little to offer visitors. We are talking about having a slew of things to offer visitors those 3 weeks. Possible 3 different games to attend, shops, hotels, a football museum. As football fan you should be all for it. If Pasadena had this vision, I'd be all for it. Yeah Wayne really just wants the money. He'd be in pharma or tech, not football if that was the case. :roflmao:

inFINSible said:
What's wrong with a rotation of three sites....East, west, and central?
No problem with it...I just find it slightly annoying when people try to imply or "force" their beliefs on others. (ie. This is HUGE. *no it isn't really*. Yes it is HUGE!!) I am not being an ungrateful Dolphin fan, but I could care less is this happens because it does not affect most of us.

Now, if the Miami franchise was going to benefit financially, sure I'd accept it. But we can't sit here and say the proposal as written is fair. IMHO, 2 or 3 sites should be slected as constant SB stadiums. Miami as one since it is east coast, others could be Pasadena or San diego for west coast rotation. Perhaps a 3rd should be NYC...forget about weather, NYC is one of the "mecca's" of the US. Not only will this rotate geography for those who want to go, but also rotate economical dispursement (it will never be completely equal because we cna't have it in every state or every NFL stadium).

scottieUK said:
Wembley has been knocked down and is being rebuilt at goverment/FA expense. It is due to reopen early next year. My point is that there should be an independant stadium that every team dreams of playing in.
Ahhh, being a past soccer junky/player, I recall I heard something was happening to the great Wembley..that was it obviously.

Schleprock said:

Why do you think it would help HIM? do you know him to own a business? When the super bowl has been here in tampa it has been nothing but a pain in the *** for me with all the traffic and people....

Sauceman, not sure how it would benefit you? Unless you would enjoy going to Super Bowl event like none they've ever put on before. If that would not interest you, it probably wouldn't benefit you. Not sure what you people want the NFL or Dolphins to do? Lower you taxes?

Void said:
Why do you think it would help HIM? do you know him to own a business? When the super bowl has been here in tampa it has been nothing but a pain in the *** for me with all the traffic and people....
clear implication from his post that for some reason it is important to him.

newsworthy on a Dolphins board, but not really "huge". reason you can deduce this? There hasn't been one thread yet today on it.....or even 5 :roflmao:

Despacio said:
Check out the new Cardinal stadium opening up in the 2006 season, pretty nifty, a few SB's should be held here as well:

http://helix.azcentral.com/ramgen/realvideo/azcardinalssite/CARDINALS.rm

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/design.html

I dont live anywhere near Miami but it would be nice to know that the Dolphins would be playing in one of the best sports facilities in the nation/world.
I believe they already have the 2006 or 2007 season awarded.

EDIT: Holy crap, first I saw that they have a retractable FIELD!

Schleprock said:
No problem with it...I just find it slightly annoying when people try to imply or "force" their beliefs on others. (ie. This is HUGE. *no it isn't really*. Yes it is HUGE!!) I am not being an ungrateful Dolphin fan, but I could care less is this happens because it does not affect most of us.

Now, if the Miami franchise was going to benefit financially, sure I'd accept it. But we can't sit here and say the proposal as written is fair. IMHO, 2 or 3 sites should be slected as constant SB stadiums. Miami as one since it is east coast, others could be Pasadena or San diego for west coast rotation. Perhaps a 3rd should be NYC...forget about weather, NYC is one of the "mecca's" of the US. Not only will this rotate geography for those who want to go, but also rotate economical dispursement (it will never be completely equal because we cna't have it in every state or every NFL stadium).
By that logic, nothing would be "HUGE" because nothing affects everyone.... :)

I agree with your plan. I see your point about new york but, the weather may cause undue hardship plus deny patrons and visitors the opportunity to get OUT of the cold weather and vacation in a warmer climate.

greatwade said:
You know what today is? The owners are up at spring meetings in DC. They are to voting on the Dolphins proposal (with strong support from the commissioner, and NFLPA) to host the Super Bowl every 3 years, without exception. 8 owners voting down with screw us. Al Davis, San Diego, New Orleans, and a few others are certain to vote against us.

What this means:

If, and its a big if, they get the superbowl every 3 years major changes will occur at Dolphins Stadium. Hotels, Pavillions, and Market Street & even a possible Super Bowl Hall of Fame will be built. Also, the Pro Bowl & Senior Bowl will be moved to Miami and will take place in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. With activities all the time in between.

Cross your fingers finfans. We'll need an awful lot of luck.

It won't happen, its a nice concept, but the reality is that too many other cities want to host superbowls and how will the other Superbowl cities look in comparison to the Super-City wayne wants to build? It would make Superbowls in other cities seem like a downer.

Nope, good old fashioned greed will prevent this from occuring, though it is a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom