Today is a HUGE day for the Dolphins Organization | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today is a HUGE day for the Dolphins Organization

greatwade said:
Sauceman, not sure how it would benefit you? Unless you would enjoy going to Super Bowl event like none they've ever put on before. If that would not interest you, it probably wouldn't benefit you. Not sure what you people want the NFL or Dolphins to do? Lower you taxes?

It seems to me that if the Super Bowl was to become so available for us, we would eventually become desensitized to how big the Super Bowl actually is. It would also be quite unfair to the opposing team of whoever would have to play us in the Super Bowl in Miami...it would be bound to happen.

So, how does this benefit any of us? Besides, of course, giving the city of Miami an opportunity to charge up the *** on everything?

Maybe Wayne has a revenue sharing plan worked into the proposal.

inFINSible said:

Maybe, but considering that Wayne is spending his own money to build it, he must have it in mind to recoup it as well.

BlueFin said:
Maybe, but considering that Wayne is spending his own money to build it, he must have it in mind to recoup it as well.
He'll share after all building and operating costs are satisfied, of course...:lol:

Schleprock said:
Sorry, but this is not H U G E for us who do not live there, unlike people like yourself who are nearbye and will benefit from the economy going up around those dates.

your thoughts are very simple...this benefits you because you live nearbye and you believe it is important to all because it is the Dolphins stadium. This is about one thing...Wayne H. and making money. Not about the Miami Dolphins franchise.

As stated by others...how do you think San Fran and Oakland fans think?? Why not have the SB every 3 years in Pasadena??

I guess you didn't read his post- he said the 'thread title is correct' referring to the 'HUGE for the DOLPHINS ORGANIZATION'. The Dolphins Organization does not include SF and Oakland fin fans obviously.

inFINSible said:
yes, it is called "revenue share with Wayne Huizenga's bank account" :rotflmao:

These owners EGOS are to big to allow Wayne to get the SB every 3 years and clean house.

inFINSibleMaybe "Wayne has a revenue sharing plan worked into the proposal."

That is the only way this has a slim chance of passing.

Agua said:
I agree it would be great if it happened, but I've got this same question. Why would franchises in other cities agree to this?

RIGHT! I mean if I lived in a northern city such as Pittsburg for example, or GreenBay, maybe the Dolphins and a few southern teams sure enjoy the perfect climate but if I'm from up north somewhere and my team is going to the SUperbowl, I think they'd be more comfortable in their USUAL enviroment such as COLD AS B@LL$!! I wouldn't vote for it..But hey, I'm a Miamian! And I say H3LL YEAH to this deal..This is great for the city (and the stadium)

I'd like to see other cities get the chance to host a SuperBowl. Hosting the SuperBowl in your town helps the econemy big time in that area just as it did in Jacksonville. Like for instance id like to see a SuperBowl in Denver, Seattle, GreenBay on a 8 degree day would be awesome. Im not sure how off I might be but it already feels like the Dolphins host the Superbowl every 5 years so whats another 2 years?

I live in denver by the way and id love to see the NFL spread the love around to other cities.

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier, I didn't get the chance to read all of the posts, but what if Miami has home field advantage throughout the playoffs? How could we host the all-star college games if we need the field on Sundays. I know they play on Saturdays, but that just sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

Rammy, there's two weeks before the super bowl, in that very likely event. :)

Unfortunately, as great a plan this is (for ALL IMHO), I have conceded it is the proverbial
snowball in hell. Even my friends & collegues I attempted to explain this possibility too at lunch, had this to say: "Seems unfair". And these are south florida folks!

It isn't every year. It's after two cities host (different all the time) the game returns to Miami. The reason it is necessary to have the "perpetuity", google it if you must, is all the facilities being built hinges on the guarantee they would be used/warranted.

I couldn't find who wrote it, but one of you posted - it would make the other sites seem inferior. I like your thinking. But I wouldn't worry too much. The other sites would be all the new stadiums (ala Detroit?!?!?) showcasing the latest in sports entertainment architecture and amenities. South Florida wouldn't show them up.

Its a longshot but one that is worth going for.The concept is creative and financially sound.It could be a big boon to the economic aspirations of the South Florida area.

Even if it doesnt find acceptance on this occasion the seeds will be planted for a future attempt.

Back
Top Bottom