Today's loss is a big win | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's loss is a big win

The first pick is out of reach and there’s only one qb worth a top 4 pick so I don’t get this at all. So I guess all you tankers are going to be ever so thrilled when we draft Justin Herbert with the 4th pick???
Exactly. If Joe and Chase aren't available, who cares about one spot better? It just means a greater possibility of reaching for a player and overpaying down the road. Who are the other talents in the top 5 we are so worried about getting?

The first pick is out of reach and there’s only one qb worth a top 4 pick so I don’t get this at all. So I guess all you tankers are going to be ever so thrilled when we draft Justin Herbert with the 4th pick???

I'm been massively annoyed by the tankers all year long but while I can't ever root for losing I'm not gonna sweat losing a hard fought, gritty game. I don't think there is a QB who will be available that will make the difference between picks 3-5 that worthwhile in that respect, but its not a bad thing to be picking higher.

Exactly. If Joe and Chase aren't available, who cares about one spot better? It just means a greater possibility of reaching for a player and overpaying down the road. Who are the other talents in the top 5 we are so worried about getting?
There will be a lot of heads exploding if we use our 1st pick to trade down.

Last edited:
They will be a lot of heads exploding if we use our 1st pick to trade down.
Indeed. Yet, unless someone convinces me there is some other amazing can't miss impact player available in the top 5, I think there is a very high probability that we do just that. That's not necessarily a bad thing, either.

This doesn't help us at all if we were drafting today day we will still be number fourth overall
We would've jumped the Jets, having beaten them twice, and we would have jumped ahead of the Cardinals, Redskins and Lions. And I think we are currently 3rd, with a few games left to play today. A win today would have dropped us down at least 3 or 4 picks.

Look couple things:

1. Didn’t we have at least 1 timeout left? Why didn’t we try to ice the kicker.

2. I hated the PI call but If that was one of our players we would want that call.

3. On thé PI those plays happen often but Imin this game it helped the team win the game.

4. We went conservative and played for a FG on or last possession.

not calling a timeout is the new ice. He expects it

We need to hope we draft 3rd overall so we at least can have one of Burrow, Chase, or Tua.

We got ripped at the end with the PI but Needham is a kid playing like he has a future in the NFL.

Fitz was an animal today -- showing the young dudes what's it's like to play smart tuff football

and find a way to get positive plays... Loss of DVP with bang to head hurt but Ford showed

WHY he's been hanging around in the NFL for 3 years... Kid is dedicated and

obviously still building his game -- growing into his manhood.

Good to see Van Ginkel get in -- get a sack and get some action.

Ain't hard to see this team with some more talent playing good ball.

No prob with the loss -- especially since it was a GIFT from the amazingly

consistent cheating / biased / crooked / BS Refs.

All good by me...

BTW the 9ers TE is an absolute BEAST of a football player!

We need to hope we draft 3rd overall so we at least can have one of Burrow, Chase, or Tua.

Tua will be available with the Dolphins first pick regardless of which position they end up with from here on out.

Unless we are still jockeying for #2 position, the win loss record the rest of the way doesn't matter much to be honest. But a loss to the Giants could put us in play for #2.

Worried about the Cards and Lions overtaking us, both look awful right now. And the NFL need to do something about this, not sure what they can do, but personally that cards "home" game is not a good look for the league, travelling fans are always a thing in the NFL but I at least find that situation and ours against the Eagles ugly to look at.

Back
Top Bottom