Today's loss is a big win | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's loss is a big win

Getting Lawrence would be easier said than done. If a QB needy team is in the #1 spot we won’t be able to get him. You would expect with FA and a good draft we will be at least a 6 win team next season so I don’t fancy our chances of Lawrence unless the team at #1 doesn’t need a QB.

It would take a 0-16 tank next season which isn’t happening.

Exactly. If Joe and Chase aren't available, who cares about one spot better? It just means a greater possibility of reaching for a player and overpaying down the road. Who are the other talents in the top 5 we are so worried about getting?

You gonna sit here and act like these jokers wouldn't trade up to #1 fir Tua if the doctor said he could even walk normally?

We need to hope we draft 3rd overall so we at least can have one of Burrow, Chase, or Tua.

You can't be serious about Tua at this point. If he is actually healing well, expect him to return to college to rebuild his draft capital. If he does come out, I expect that would mean he is unsure how he will recover and is just hoping to get any contract anywhere while he continues to attempt to rehab and hope to land a lucrative deal on his second contract. If he enters the draft knowing he will be fully recovered, he would be giving up a lot of money. I just don't see it.

You can't be serious about Tua at this point. If he is actually healing well, expect him to return to college to rebuild his draft capital. If he does come out, I expect that would mean he is unsure how he will recover and is just hoping to get any contract anywhere while he continues to attempt to rehab and hope to land a lucrative deal on his second contract. If he enters the draft knowing he will be fully recovered, he would be giving up a lot of money. I just don't see it.

If he stays in college he runs the risk of it being certain he will never play high level of football again by the time of the next draft. He's already heavily alluded to coming out this week.

You gonna sit here and act like these jokers wouldn't trade up to #1 fir Tua if the doctor said he could even walk normally?
That's exactly right. Tua has officially gone from a lock to a very high risk gamble. No one is going to pick him in the top 5, and honestly, any team looking for a number 1 QB will likely pass for a healthy option.

That's exactly right. Tua has officially gone from a lock to a very high risk gamble. No one is going to pick him in the top 5, and honestly, any team looking for a number 1 QB will likely pass for a healthy option.
Any team looking for a QB past #10 in the draft will definitely take Tua without hesitation.

If he stays in college he runs the risk of it being certain he will never play high level of football again by the time of the next draft. He's already heavily alluded to coming out this week.

I was unaware that he is talking about declaring already. Bad move, IMO. Signals that he doesn't believe he will be healthy for a long time. While going back to college may indeed show him to be unable to play again, coming out now pretty much guarantees a very low draft grade, possibly even a chance of going undrafted. Depends how far along the recovery is by draft day.

I was unaware that he is talking about declaring already. Bad move, IMO. Signals that he doesn't believe he will be healthy for a long time. While going back to college may indeed show him to be unable to play again, coming out now pretty much guarantees a very low draft grade, possibly even a chance of going undrafted. Depends how far along the recovery is by draft day.

He hasn't declared. He alluded. There's a difference. He will have a lower draft grade but not a low draft grade.

Any team looking for a QB past #10 in the draft will definitely take Tua without hesitation.

You are talking like he has an ACL or something. The injury he sustained may actually never let him play again. He is not going to anyone without major picks to burn who can afford not to start him for a couple of years.

You are talking like he has an ACL or something. The injury he sustained may actually never let him play again. He is not going to anyone without major picks to burn who can afford not to start him for a couple of years.
Lol you’re talking like he had a leg amputated.

I disagree in terms of it being a 'bad move'. If he's going to be taken top 15, he should most definitely come out. Hell, if the NFL rules allowed it, he would have come out last year.

In terms of him going undrafted......come on. His decision will be based on whether or not he is projected to be in the first round.

There are plenty of teams out there who have the luxury of gambling for Tua. The problem is that Tua would be a stupid risk for the Dolphins at our top pick and we're not gonna sneak a pick of him in with one of our lower picks since we will surely grab him if value is there. Somebody unanticipated will swoop and get him before we can have the luxury of buying low since we'll pretty much set the bar of where he is likely to be picked.

Lol you’re talking like he had a leg amputated.

In athletic terms you may as well have had that happen if that hip injury goes the way that hip injuries can go. It is impossible for a guy with an arthritic hip joint to play high level athletics.

Back
Top Bottom